Would you trade for Julio....

Mr. K

If John Brown is going to keep being banged up and the defense cant stop a nose bleed? Should they try to add to the offense if there is no deal for anything of consequence on the other side of the ball? I know he got an extension a year or 2 ago but I'm not such of the cap repercussion. 

Would you rather have JJ Watt or Julio Jones? Who makes more of an impact? 

If this is what the defense is going to be and there is only lateral moves to be made I think they should trade for more points.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

If John Brown is going to keep being banged up and the defense cant stop a nose bleed? Should they try to add to the offense if there is no deal for anything of consequence on the other side of the ball? I know he got an extension a year or 2 ago but I'm not such of the cap repercussion. 

If this is what the defense is going to be and there is only lateral moves to be made I think they should trade for more points.

Julio will accelerate $32M in cap over the next two seasons for the Falcons if traded today. He will save them $11M this season, but cost them $23M next season. It would be the Dareus trade.

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

No, the defense needs the help more!

I think the OPs point is that the defense isn't a move away from doing much.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Yay this thread again...

Add any available offensive threat in Julios place. Add any available defensive player in Watts spot. All that is available is just that. What of consequence is available on either side? We can all see how bad the defense is. If you can add to that side than why not try for more offense? 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Julio will accelerate $32M in cap over the next two seasons for the Falcons if traded today. He will save them $11M this season, but cost them $23M next season. It would be the Dareus trade.

I think the OPs point is that the defense isn't a move away from doing much.

Yeah that is brutal money. And you are right on about the defense. We lost a lot of talent last offseason.

20 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Neither.

Watt is constantly hurt and Jones doesn’t fit the culture of this team.

We sure could use someone/ a few on the defensive side though.

Im not saying to trade for Julio, but hes a model citizen in Atlanta.  Your comment about not fitting the culture makes no sense.  

We won't be trading for Julio, too expensive and not a need.  So its a mute point, but just pointing out that him not fitting the culture makes no sense in regards to Julio.

• Like (+1) 1

Can someone explain to me why fans of a team with no running game, no pass rush, no kicker and no healthy/effective linebackers would keep starting threads about trading for wide receivers -- literally the only solid position group on the team?

:doh:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

No because we need a defensive star

• Like (+1) 1