Why Did You Become a Buffalo Bills Fan?

JohnNord

1 hour ago, Forward Progress said:

I grew up playing hockey, as every good Canadian boy should.  I didn't start watching football until I was in University when I would watch it with my room mates.  I was completely hooked on the sport by the time I graduated, but hadn't really picked a team yet.

After graduation, I was broke and didn't want to pay for cable.  The Bills were the only team that I could watch for free every week, so I became addicted to this team.  I guess you could say the Bills were the only team I could afford.

They say you get what you pay for ;)

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

After writing novels in this same thread 20 times over the last 20 years, I’ll leave it short and sweet.

Grew up a block from Bills training camp in Fredonia. Pops dragged me to camp almost every day for a decade+ (holy **** was that boring for the most part).  Joe Cribbs put me on his shoulders his rookie year and carried me around as he signed autographs for the mob.  Then I got to watch Joe Cribbs play.  It was special.  Hooked

When was your cousin drafted?

1992, he is John Fina.  Not that popular on TBD from history searches.

• Like (+1) 1

I get ask this question a lot lol because I’m from Mississippi people that don’t no me ask oh you must be from buffalo nope. See back in the early 90’ in Mississippi and maybe every where the only games on tv we’re 49ers cowboys Miami bills and packers Denver I hated cowboys before the super bowl because my brother in law was a fan and his a tool. So i picked buffalo and been a die hard every since then and thanks to nfl ticket never miss a game. P.s I’ve never been around any bills fans because none in Mississippi and I mean I’ve meet one I think in 30 years. I hope covid is over next year because I’m going to a bills game next year and it will be my first time ever to hear other people rooting for the team I love. Or mad what ever lol 

Born into fandom.

WNY born and raised.

Listened to games on radio in very early 60s with my dad and brothers. Went to a few games at the rock pile during the AFL Championship years. Watched them play K.C. On TV for the rights to go to Super Bowl I.

Tempus Fugit, where did the time go?

My dad drove bus for Metro, and he took the Bills games, usually driving the opposing teams to the stadium.

I was with him many times. Got into the games for free, meeting some great HOF players and getting their autographs.

Im one of those “before I die I want to win a Super Bowl” guys.

Edited by dlonce

I was born in Childrens, my parents are from there and also Bills fans, my brother and I grew up watching bills games together, only team in NY, only team that wears USA colors, the family that is WNY and the Bills fan base, no bandwagon fans, beer drinking, tailgating, good times win or lose,  I could keep going. I 100% believe if the Bills ever moved I would never watch football again. Same thing for the Sabres and Hockey although just like O'Reily im losing my love for the game.

In 1973 one of my fathers friends painted OJ and, under him, was ‘2003 in 73’ on a 8” wood plank and he gave it to us. I grew up with that in my room. 

Grew up in the ROC, lived down south for 19 years and am now back. Always pulled for the Bills via DirecTV (thank God I don’t need them anymore). Kids are fans (oldest lives in ATL) and is a HUGE Bills fan. He, in turn, forces it on his girlfriend thus the expansion of Bills Mafia continues! 😃 

I'm from Erie, PA and I grew up HATING the Stillers and especially Terry Bradshaw.  Sometimes on Sundays we would get the Bills game on the Toronto station if the weather was just right.  I liked the red white and blue uniforms and the new QB Jim Kelly so I started following the Bills.    

Not a lot of Bills fans in Erie but I met and married a Buffalo girl so Im in a family of Bills fans now.  I love watching my 99-year old grandmother-in-law get animated watching the Bills.  

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Playoff loss to the Browns in ‘89...As a 9 year old I thought the offense was very entertaining, even in defeat...little did I know it was a foreshadowing of things to come...😉

Same for me Crispy... they won me over and I've been a fan ever since.