Why Did You Become a Buffalo Bills Fan?

JohnNord

I grew up on the east side of Buffalo. The AFL and NBC used to black out all home games, so I would listen to Van Miller's call on WBEN. Marlon Briscoe was my favorite player. It's wasn't until the '69 opener that I got to see a Bills game in person.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

Started watching the Bills in Buffalo as a 5-6 year old.   Moved to Binghamton and continued to be a bills fan, despite the overabundance of Giants and Eagles fans there in the early 90’s.  Moved to PGH in 1994, still remember a 6th grade teacher somewhat smugly predicting I would become a Steelers fan.   Still in Pgh, still a Bills fan.  

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Raiders wouldn’t let my kind in.

too crazy for em!!

• Like (+1) 1

Proximity mostly, 

Being that I did zero homework before deciding the bills were gonna be the team I root for, I now get to suffer with BBFS for the rest of my life. 

I guess I wouldn’t have it any other way... 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

This exact second. I was about 9 or so, didn't know anything about football at all, but I went with my Dad to a Super Bowl party that one of his friends were throwing. When this play happened, everybody went crazy, and it was replayed for long enough so I understand what happened. I thought that was really cool that the Bills didn't quit, even when things were going badly.

theplay2.jpg

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was born a Bills fan, as I was born and bred in Buffalo surrounded by die hard Bills fans as family and friends. 

This is my story as well.

I always assume this is the story of every Bills fan.