I'm from Buffalo

LB48

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

The grammar, punctuation & drunken rambling of it all does not paint a bright picture of those from Buffalo 🤣

REAL people from Buffalo - home town people - could care less about this comment!

• Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

As opposed to fake people from Buffalo? 

Lol I'm just messing with you. I'm not from Buffalo, though I wish I was. Love the city.

My wife has been to Buffalo twice in our 35 years of marriage. I took my son to a home game (vs the Jets, since I was hoping for a win) when he turned 16. My annual goal is the home opener and one road game a year. This year......obvious mess. 

My WIFE has been saying we need to take our son and his new bride to the home opener next year. She has NEVER been to that stadium, but she gets it! The DIL is a UGA grad and fan, and into sports. She has a Josh jersey. The first time I ever saw her she was wearing a Bills shirt! 

I think we can put that SEC college stuff to shame! Only in Buffalo! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

This may be a point now proven. 

🤷‍♂️

I was referencing a quote from 'BigDingus' ABOVE that stated: "The grammar, punctuation & drunken rambling of it all does not paint a bright picture of those from Buffalo "🤣

WE could care less about this type of comment!!

Edited by LB48

1 minute ago, LB48 said:

I was referencing a quote from 'BigDingus' that stated: "The grammar, punctuation & drunken rambling of it all does not paint a bright picture of those from Buffalo "🤣

WE could care less about this type of comment!!

I see this often. I could NOT care less would be how I would phrase it.  If I could NOT CARE LESS, I do not care. That is the “zero line”, if you will. If you could care less, you care to some degree. 

Just trying to clear things up. Not trying to be nasty, so please don’t take it that way. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

My wife has been to Buffalo twice in our 35 years of marriage. I took my son to a home game (vs the Jets, since I was hoping for a win) when he turned 16. My annual goal is the home opener and one road game a year. This year......obvious mess. 

My WIFE has been saying we need to take our son and his new bride to the home opener next year. She has NEVER been to that stadium, but she gets it! The DIL is a UGA grad and fan, and into sports. She has a Josh jersey. The first time I ever saw her she was wearing a Bills shirt! 

I think we can put that SEC college stuff to shame! Only in Buffalo! 

That's awesome, I hope your son attends many more games to come! I've only been able to take my wife once, but man do I try to convince her every year we need to go again.

I've been to many college football games though, and I'd still take going to a Bills game every time. I don't even tailgate since I really don't know anyone there, but the people we do meet are always awesome. 

There was only one time I went where I met a couple of pricks, and of course, they ended up being Jets fans (wasn't even a Jets game going on, but they were all wearing Jets jerseys anyway). Can't wait to go back when we can attend games again.

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

I see this often. I could NOT care less would be how I would phrase it.  If I could NOT CARE LESS, I do not care. That is the “zero line”, if you will. If you could care less, you care to some degree. 

Just trying to clear things up. Not trying to be nasty, so please don’t take it that way. 

He was just trying to prove my point about Buffalonians by using that line incorrectly 😂

We're getting very meta now.

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just drove by taco Bell. I don't think they're struggling in Buffalo lol

I've seen this before but most of it is spot on

To be fair there’s a lot more Mighty’s in the area than Taco Bell and TB you could be the only person in line and you would have to wait 20 mins for one taco, so the line gets very long because they’re so slow. 

I’ve also worked at both in high school. No idea how people eat Taco Bell. The odd things we would find in the food from the company was disturbing. It was like one in four bags of “beef” would have some foreign object in it. We got a surprise inspection from corporate and the inspector pulled a clump out of the beef. It had metal and hair in it. She threw it out and said it was fine to serve. I’m very surprised nobody has sued them yet. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

This thing, or very similar iterations of this thing, has been making the rounds for at least 20 years.

Yep.  I remember sending something very similar to this to My Aunt when she moved to Las Vegas back in the early 2000's.  You can also tell how dated it is by the Thursday in the Square reference.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.