I'd like to see Moss featured tomorrow...

Hebert19

Singletary in the first 10 weeks of the season last year had these attempt numbers:

Week 1:  4

Week 2:  6

Week 7:  7

Week 8:   3

Week 9:  20

Week 10:  8

After that they figured he got it and he never again had single digits.

Does that look a bit familiar?

Wait a bit. It'll come for Moss.

Edited by Thurman#1

12 hours ago, jahnyc said:

It would really help the offense if Moss started showing something.  Hard to tell if the lack of any production is due to a complete failure by the o-line to create holes, but I am concerned that he seems  slow. I hope that this is not the case. 

He's undoubtedly slow. That was the case in college too. Speed shouldn't matter too much at the RB position, particularly with his running style. He's just not bouncing off/making tacklers whiff the way he showed in college. He showed tremendous contact balance at Utah, much like Singletary did at FAU and that is probably the most important trait in a RB IMO. It hasn't really carried over to the NFL for Moss so far the way it has for Singletary. Hopefully he regains that as he gets healthier.

12 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Let's see here.

Devin Singletary 4.3 ypc

Zack Moss 2.6 ypc

?

Isn't this simple.   No pre season.   No chance to get in a rhythm with the oline.    Tweaking oline has hurt both of them but more so moss who doesn't have the luxury of experience. 

I’d like to see the O line run block so Singletary can work his magic, Nuthin against Moss but he’s the give the #1 RB a breather guy at this point. I do hope he kicks azs when his number is called, lots of potential with him. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Isn't this simple.   No pre season.   No chance to get in a rhythm with the oline.    Tweaking oline has hurt both of them but more so moss who doesn't have the luxury of experience. 

We are 4-2 and playoff bound.  You do that type of thing when you have the luxury to do so either because you are 2-4 or when you have secured the highest spot you can.  If we get a big lead then sure. Feed the kid the rock all 4th quarter long.

They have actually already given Moss a larger workload than Singletary had his Rookie year.  If we want to see more of the kid then our D needs to play better.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Singletary in the first 10 weeks of the season last year had these attempt numbers:

Week 1:  4

Week 2:  6

Week 7:  7

Week 8:   3

Week 9:  20

Week 10:  8

After that they figured he got it and he never again had single digits.

Does that look a bit familiar?

Wait a bit. It'll come for Moss.

Moss has actually carried more than Singletary did to begin his Rookie year.  I suspect it's to make up for lost preseason reps.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Figure this is worth a bump. 

He played better than Singletary and got the carries with game on line. 

Yeah, seeing the Bills willingly feed him late was one of things that make you go hmmmm.....