It’s Nice To See Obama Again

Tiberius

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Are you telling me that you didn't get invited either?  I guess it was only Tibs and Billsy that got one.  LOL.. 

No *****!  And I turned 60 this year too so you’d think he’d throw me some love.  I went to work on my 60th. 

On 10/24/2020 at 4:07 PM, Tiberius said:

Give ‘em Hell Barack! 

He did & has !

I went to sign my wife up for medical insurance just the other day but couldn't you still have to wait for the time to sign up unlike it use to be when if you wanted to purchase a health insurance just going in and getting it .

After i hung up with my agent the only thing i could think of was "GEE thanks Obama" your legacy of making health care more costly & less accessible lives on so his dream of socialized medicine still has a lasting effect today and may never be the same when it was cheaper and more accessible !

Just One small example . Oh but wait that is Trumps fault never mind Tibs sorry !! 

Omg......

The Vanishing Legacy of Barack Obama

On the road from stirring symbol of hope and change to the Fat Elvis of neoliberalism, birthday-partying Barack Obama sold us all out

Matt Taibbi

A former president flying half the world’s celebrities to spend three days in a maskless ring-kissing romp at a $12 million Martha’s Vineyard mansion, at a moment when only a federal eviction ban prevented the outbreak of a national homelessness crisis, was already an all-time “F*** the Optics” news event, and that was before the curveball. Because of what even the New York Times called “growing concerns” over how gross the mega-party looked, not least for the Joe Biden administration burdened with asking the nation for sober sacrifice while his ex-boss raised the roof with movie stars in tropical shirts, advisers prevailed upon the 44th president to reconsider the bacchanal. But characteristically, hilariously, Obama didn’t cancel his party, he merely uninvited those he considered less important, who happened to be almost entirely his most trusted former aides.

Cast out, the Times said, were “the majority of former Obama administration officials… who generally credit themselves with helping create the Obama legacy,” including former top aide David Axelrod, who’d just called Obama an “apostle of hope” in the Washington Post and sat for a three-hour HBO documentary deep-throat of his ex-boss....

There’s a glorious moment in the life of a certain kind of politician, when either because their careers are over, or because they’re so untouchable politically that it doesn’t matter anymore, that they finally get to remove the public mask, no pun intended. This Covid bash was Barack Obama’s “F*** it!” moment..

He extended middle fingers in all directions: to his Vineyard neighbors, the rest of America, Biden, the hanger-on ex-staffers who’d stacked years of hundred-hour work weeks to build his ballyhooed career, the not quite A-listers bounced at the last minute for being not famous enough (sorry, Larry David and Conan O’Brien!), and so on...

Obama was set up to be the greatest of American heroes, but proved to be a common swindler and one of the great political liars of all time — he fooled us all. Moreover, his remarkably vacuous post-presidency is proving true everything Trump said in 2016 about the grasping Washington politicians whose only motives are personal enrichment, and who’d do anything, even attend his wedding, for a buck. Trump’s point was that he, Trump, was already swinishly rich, while politicians have only one thing to sell to get the upper class status they crave: us.

Obama did that. He sold us out, and it’s time to start talking about the role he played in bringing about the hopeless cynical mess that is modern America.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-vanishing-legacy-of-barack-obama?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoyNTMyNzU4MSwicG9zdF9pZCI6Mzk5ODAwNzYsIl8iOiJ6a3dFYyIsImlhdCI6MTYyODg4Njg2NywiZXhwIjoxNjI4ODkwNDY3LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMTA0MiIsInN1YiI6InBvc3QtcmVhY3Rpb24ifQ.VbW9xPsh8zrVqXyeJJsTVfbjWJ42Uqz3omHjlpwaehs

He's not just talking about Obama.

He's talking about all the elites that aren't feeling anything close to what we the little people have had to deal with during this sham.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Omg......

The Vanishing Legacy of Barack Obama

On the road from stirring symbol of hope and change to the Fat Elvis of neoliberalism, birthday-partying Barack Obama sold us all out

Matt Taibbi

A former president flying half the world’s celebrities to spend three days in a maskless ring-kissing romp at a $12 million Martha’s Vineyard mansion, at a moment when only a federal eviction ban prevented the outbreak of a national homelessness crisis, was already an all-time “F*** the Optics” news event, and that was before the curveball. Because of what even the New York Times called “growing concerns” over how gross the mega-party looked, not least for the Joe Biden administration burdened with asking the nation for sober sacrifice while his ex-boss raised the roof with movie stars in tropical shirts, advisers prevailed upon the 44th president to reconsider the bacchanal. But characteristically, hilariously, Obama didn’t cancel his party, he merely uninvited those he considered less important, who happened to be almost entirely his most trusted former aides.

Cast out, the Times said, were “the majority of former Obama administration officials… who generally credit themselves with helping create the Obama legacy,” including former top aide David Axelrod, who’d just called Obama an “apostle of hope” in the Washington Post and sat for a three-hour HBO documentary deep-throat of his ex-boss....

There’s a glorious moment in the life of a certain kind of politician, when either because their careers are over, or because they’re so untouchable politically that it doesn’t matter anymore, that they finally get to remove the public mask, no pun intended. This Covid bash was Barack Obama’s “F*** it!” moment..

He extended middle fingers in all directions: to his Vineyard neighbors, the rest of America, Biden, the hanger-on ex-staffers who’d stacked years of hundred-hour work weeks to build his ballyhooed career, the not quite A-listers bounced at the last minute for being not famous enough (sorry, Larry David and Conan O’Brien!), and so on...

Obama was set up to be the greatest of American heroes, but proved to be a common swindler and one of the great political liars of all time — he fooled us all. Moreover, his remarkably vacuous post-presidency is proving true everything Trump said in 2016 about the grasping Washington politicians whose only motives are personal enrichment, and who’d do anything, even attend his wedding, for a buck. Trump’s point was that he, Trump, was already swinishly rich, while politicians have only one thing to sell to get the upper class status they crave: us.

Obama did that. He sold us out, and it’s time to start talking about the role he played in bringing about the hopeless cynical mess that is modern America.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-vanishing-legacy-of-barack-obama?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoyNTMyNzU4MSwicG9zdF9pZCI6Mzk5ODAwNzYsIl8iOiJ6a3dFYyIsImlhdCI6MTYyODg4Njg2NywiZXhwIjoxNjI4ODkwNDY3LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMTA0MiIsInN1YiI6InBvc3QtcmVhY3Rpb24ifQ.VbW9xPsh8zrVqXyeJJsTVfbjWJ42Uqz3omHjlpwaehs

He's not just talking about Obama.

He's talking about all the elites that aren't feeling anything close to what we the little people have had to deal with during this sham.  

Obama was a hustler from day one.  An obscure and unknown junior Senator from the State of Illinois that came out of nowhere to secure the Democratic Party's Presidential nomination in 2008 and going on to win 2 terms in the White House.  Groomed and hand selected for the part by the very elites and establishment that celebrated with him.  And handsomely rewarded for doing their bidding for 8 years.  Mission accomplished.  The only thing worse are the idiots who cheer this on and fly cover for it all.  They are selling out the rest of the country or just too stupid to see the obvious.  Their protests and objections do nothing to change any of this reality. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I do not understand this thread...about an irrelevant guy.

As President he was so inexperienced that he could not control his own party...ie Nancy...and by the time he figured out how to be prez his term was over. He may be a better prez today ...but that is irrelevant. 

8 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I do not understand this thread...about an irrelevant guy.

As President he was so inexperienced that he could not control his own party...ie Nancy...and by the time he figured out how to be prez his term was over. He may be a better prez today ...but that is irrelevant. 

Relevant because his "team" are the people running the show at the White House.  You look at Biden's career history and nothing in it matches his cabinet appointments, current views, statements, or agenda.  He's a puppet.  This administration has the fingerprints of Obama era officials like Susan Rice all over it.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Relevant because his "team" are the people running the show at the White House.  You look at Biden's career history and nothing in it matches his cabinet appointments, current views, statements, or agenda.  He's a puppet.  This administration has the fingerprints of Obama era officials like Susan Rice all over it.   

Now there is a perspective I never considered.....too bad. I thought Joe may have been the better politician and have more success and less controlled by the party. He seems to have made Cortez etc disappear from the public.

ECHOES OF OBAMA

The false choice was one of Barack Obama’s most annoying rhetorical devices as well one of his favorites. It is a device he used frequently in “explaining” the rationale for funding Iran and entering into the JCPOA. It was either that or war. I heard an unsubtle echo of Barack Obama’s favorite rhetorical device in Slow Joe Biden’s comments on the ongoing disgrace in Afghanistan:

There was only the cold reality of either following through on the agreement to withdraw our forces or escalating the conflict and sending thousands more American troops back into combat in Afghanistan, lurching into the third decade of conflict.

This one line combines the false choice and the passing of the buck. It is almost laughable.

There is barely a line of the speech that could pass the laugh test. This one too reminded me of Obama:

And our true strategic competitors — China and Russia — would love nothing more than the United States to continue to funnel billions of dollars in resources and attention into stabilizing Afghanistan indefinitely.

Deep thoughts from a lifetime of stupidity and error.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/08/echoes-of-obama.php