So What are your predictions for Duke vs. Jets

9 hours ago, Utah John said:

With only Kroft at TE, the running game is not likely to be effective, again.  It will be up to the passing game to win.  The offense really misses John Brown.  What's much worse, though, is that Josh Allen seems to have forgotten all the good things he learned in the offseason about footwork.  The past two games, he's been jumpy, off-balance, throwing off the wrong foot,  and not even pointing his feet in the right direction.  If he can fix his footwork issues, I think the Bills will be fine.  If not, this season could crash and burn.

So true. Josh has made such great strides improving his hips and footwork on his throws.  And this was reflected in his start. But these last 2 games you can see him regress to back foot again and failing to open the hips. Maybe the fact that he knows they have zero run game and a depleted defense is causing him to press? We need a win tomorrow in the worst way. I don't care if it's by 1 pt. Buy time to get some of these guys back. 

Lots of comments in here talking about all the Duke fanboys, but I see it as just the opposite: way too much hating and clowning on a Bills player for no good reason.

To be clear: he’s a below average receiver who dropped a key TD pass in a playoff game. He’s also a hard working Buffalo Bill with a good attitude. Why so much hate for a guy that suits up for the Bills ?

All the love and clamoring for Duke early on in his tenure here may have been over the top, but the hate for him now is just as ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

8 snaps, 1 target, 0 receptions.

Come back for receipts and let the Duke love finally die for the love of god.

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

I dislike Duke Williams purely because of the unrequited TBD love for this less than a JAG. Just as I disliked Brandon Reilly and Dezmin Lewis before him.

Please stop.

Why do you guys root for this guy to fail. Isn't the point of being a fan to hope every player succeeds. Would it be so horrible if they could turn him into a smaller TE?  Besides Knox could be easily be lumped in to the Reilly / Lewis argument.  Enjoy rooting for him to fail so you guys can be right.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Why do you guys root for this guy to fail. Isn't the point of being a fan to hope every player succeeds. Would it be so horrible if they could turn him into a smaller TE?  Besides Knox could be easily be lumped in to the Reilly / Lewis argument.  Enjoy rooting for him to fail so you guys can be right.

I enjoy the sport of football and by being a fan by making as honest and objective evaluations as possible. Nothing would make me happier than if Duke Williams became the next Megatron, but it just won't ever happen, no matter how many topics get made about him.

14 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Defense is in shambles with injuries etc. Dodson, Norman, Wallace out; Milano, White questionable, Edmunds banged up, Murphy healthy inactive. So it will be up to the offense to win this.

While Jets’ defense focuses on Diggs and Beasley, Duke and Davis will score TDs tomorrow.

Before the beginning of the season, I caught flak for arguing that Duke can play TE in a pinch. Let us see if that flak is deserved.

I don’t think Duke does anything.  

My guess is about 4-6 plays and no targets if he is even active.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

what is the obsession with this player?

Big WR we've always lacked. Can get catches when covered. Solid productivity in CFL, and Buff market is more in tune with Canada than others. Camp underdog who worked hard to make the team. 

He's produced here for us when given chances. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Frez said:

Duke is the stand out player today for Buffalo. 

9 catches for 125 yards and 1TD. 

You get laughs but this exactly what happened last year. My prediction id he will be a bit more quiet, likely playing a hybrid role, but will have some clutch grabs.

12 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Big WR we've always lacked. Can get catches when covered. Solid productivity in CFL, and Buff market is more in tune with Canada than others. Camp underdog who worked hard to make the team. 

He's produced here for us when given chances. 

I know what he's done. If he was so good he would be playing on a regular basis