Is Michael Thomas available?

aristocrat

37 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I believe they were like $20m over going into that offseason. 

Between the two they ate $26m on a cap that was like 140m at the time (plus Grubbs and lofton added another 10 or so- it was dead money everywhere and this board kept telling me it was cause of Drew- eye roll.)

if you are slashing and burning and Drew is gone you might decide to just rip the bandaid and get high picks to get out from under the contract, avoid carrying the culture issues forward and get low priced talent in house down the line. 

im not saying it’s LIKELY but I am saying it wouldn’t be impossible or wildly out of character for them to look at. 

Yeah, I'm saying it's impossible. They're $82 mill OVER the cap next year. $82 mill. And  you're saying they'll add $17 mill to that, putting them $99 million OVER the cap?

Please.

I mean, just about nothing is absolutely impossible. If he were revealed to be a serial killer, they'd cut him and absorb the dead cap, but this is as close to impossible as you'll get.

Edited by Thurman#1

31 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, I'm saying it's impossible. They're $82 mill OVER the cap next year. $82 mill. And  you're saying they'll add $29 mill to that, putting them $111 million OVER the cap?

Please.

Yeah, I'm saying it's impossible. They're $82 mill OVER the cap next year. $82 mill. And  you're saying they'll add $29 mill to that, putting them $111 million OVER the cap?

Please.

so most projections I see right now have them 78 over with 8 left on this years cap.

so bar napkin $70m over with carryover. 

then you take Drew’s retirement and reduce that number further - by about 15m I believe, which takes you to 55m over (I don’t care to go look at the numbers at the moment for exact to the penny)

so now you get into Thomas - his 12m salary comes out of 2021 since you aren’t paying it if you trade him. Saints then 43m over. Now his accelerated hits from signing and restructure bonuses would be $20m but 6m of that is in the 2021 cap projection you are using already already. so it’s 14 additional. 

again, i don’t think it is likely. But for accuracies sake I think you are double counting some 2021 numbers by putting dead money on top of a cap projection that also forecasts him as an active player and also counting stuff in 2020 twice... in addition to not acknowledging a major expected wash in drew. 

111m simply isn’t the number.

Edited by NoSaint

21 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

This pyscho? No thanks

( Damn never been criticized harder for a typo ) 🤣

It's a rough crowd, my friend. We have a bunch of spelling-bee champions on board. Get with the program!

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 1