Bills trying out LBs

5 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

Kinda frustrating Marcus Golden was traded for a 6th...

https://nfltraderumors.co/buffalo-trying-out-lbs-corey-nelson-jermaine-grace/

Markus Golden is a DE in this scheme, no?... not saying he wouldn’t have possibly added something as a rotational pass rusher but it doesn’t align to what the Bills are working out/their injury issue 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Vosean Joseph and Corey Thompson are still available. Does anybody know what happened with them? Were they cut for being malcontents, or something?

I don't think so.  I think it was straight roster numbers moves, but that they'd hoped for development from Joseph that they weren't seeing. 

The fact that they're trying out other guys instead of bringing them back speaks loudly.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

Kinda frustrating Marcus Golden was traded for a 6th...

https://nfltraderumors.co/buffalo-trying-out-lbs-corey-nelson-jermaine-grace/

This is all on Beanne,  brutal free agent signings of Tyler Matakevich with 3.5 mllion cap number & AJ Kline for 6mllion cap number.  Both guys offer next to nothing,  then  you add Murphy's 10 million and you have about 20 mllion on complete trash players.  Maybe you sign a real play maker for 18-20 mllion ,  and as much as i like Diggs,  he could have easily drafted Metcalf or Brown over drafting Ford who has trouble staying on the field. 

I just hope Pegula starts to question some of his drafts and wasted free agent signings,  like who gives Mario Addison who is 33 years old 10 million a season?  I could see if the guy was 26-27 but most guys are done at 33.  Pegula should also tell him unless it's Kuechly enough with trades and signing Panther players

Matakevich was a luxury signing that we did not need if he was not a serviceable back-up linebacker in our defensive scheme.  This past offseason's free agent signings have not contributed, which is a real problem generally and specifically because of injuries.  Have to think with the salary cap staying flat that a bunch of these guys will not be with the Bills next season (including AJ, Matakevich and Butler).

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

This is all on Beanne,  brutal free agent signings of Tyler Matakevich with 3.5 mllion cap number & AJ Kline for 6mllion cap number.  Both guys offer next to nothing,  then  you add Murphy's 10 million and you have about 20 mllion on complete trash players.  Maybe you sign a real play maker for 18-20 mllion ,  and as much as i like Diggs,  he could have easily drafted Metcalf or Brown over drafting Ford who has trouble staying on the field. 

I just hope Pegula starts to question some of his drafts and wasted free agent signings,  like who gives Mario Addison who is 33 years old 10 million a season?  I could see if the guy was 26-27 but most guys are done at 33.  Pegula should also tell him unless it's Kuechly enough with trades and signing Panther players

Metcalf was the 9th WR drafted and the last pick in  RD2. Please stop acting like he was a can’t miss prospect. All of the Ole Miss skill players had serious question marks because that offense was brutal despite having talent everywhere. 

Mario Addison has been one of the most consistent defensive ends over the last 4-5 seasons. He’s played better than Ngouke and wasn’t going to cost them $20mm with an extension. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

I have zero issue with how we’ve addressed the WR spots, other than they need to carry another real WR (Duke) on the active roster if Brown stays banged up for a while.  Maybe just in general if we stay heavy 4 wide.  

However, you make very legitimate points in how Beane addresses the Front 7 this offseason.  Early results look brutal.  Thankfully they all have outs after this season.  

6 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Roster pretty banged up this season.   Not sure how the next 2-3 games are going to go.   Thin roster being put out there.  Injuries matter.  2nd/3rd stringers not nearly as good as the starters.  "Next man up" is garbage.  

Next man up has never been truer. Unfortunately, we replaced Lorenzo, Phillips, Star, and now Spain with lesser players and our depth at CB and LB was not good to start the season.  

Beane needs to improve both sides of the trenches.