Do you fear Tua?

JetsFan20

I’m usually interested to see how smallish quarterbacks respond to the inevitable big injury. Same thing with scramblers. Can they play enough to translate their game to pure pocket passer. 

It’s not that they can’t be dangerous for a game, season, or multiple seasons but the odds are against them having a long successful career. 

No!

He’ll be learning for awhile.  Maybe next year to the year after, maybe.  Alabama QB’s historically Have not fared well in the NFL, but he may be different.  The key is will he stay healthy? I don’t know as he didn’t just have one bad injury, but several in college.  Brees, Mayfield, etc. have demonstrated a 6ft. QB can do it, but will he get rid of the ball fast enough not take the shots Burrow is taking in Cincy.  At least Miami has a great deal more talent than Cincy.

6 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

It will be interesting to see how he performs. Great college player, but Bama hasn’t lost a beat with his replacement. 

He’s also very small for an NFL QB. 

Do you fear your franchise packing it in and moving to mexico city? 

I don't fear Tua as much as I look forward to him and Josh Allen being rivals for a long time.  Tua has an above average arm, pinpoint accuracy, and great anticipation.  He'd have went #1 overall if it wasn't for his injuries.  The Bengals screwed up again.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't fear Tua as much as I look forward to him and Josh Allen being rivals for a long time.  Tua has an above average arm, pinpoint accuracy, and great anticipation.  He'd have went #1 overall if it wasn't for his injuries.  The Bengals screwed up again.

Agreed.   Bills fans don't watch enough SEC football.  Tua is a stud.  Potential to be left handed R Wilson.  Watch out.  

• Like (+1) 2

Fear is not what I feel. Having seen every play of his at Alabama, I strongly feel that he will be a very good quarterback. There of course will be a learning curve but this kid is mega talented, works very hard, and listens to his coaches. He is a GREAT kid and will avoid off field incidents imo. I wish him utter success except when he is playing the Bills.

I think that those who summarily dismiss him are making a big mistake, and I doubt that NFL GMs and coaches are doing the same.

11 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Agreed.   Bills fans don't watch enough SEC football.  Tua is a stud.  Potential to be left handed R Wilson.  Watch out.  

You sound like a Crimson Tide Fan. Is this where you got your screen name? :)

8 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

It will be interesting to see how he performs. Great college player, but Bama hasn’t lost a beat with his replacement. 

He’s also very small for an NFL QB. 

I think I’d rather face Tua then Fitzy 

Be reminded, how many NFL Receivers, Running Backs, and Lineman was he surround by at Alabama? About half the QBs in college last year would look good in that situation. Add in a very serious injury.

Yes, he has ability, but there is a lot to prove here. At this time, NO, I do not fear him.

Lets ask this question again in week 17.

Edited by CSBill