Do you fear Tua?

JetsFan20

Does Tua fear for his hip, ankle and wrist? Because he should...

Every player on the opposing D will be more than happy to remind him that he is tiny and injury prone, when the opportunity presents itself...

Go Bills!!!

What's interesting is if the MIA - NYJ game TV ratings jump when Tua subbed for Fitz was a factor in having Tua start.  You add to that the coach was not happy with how the information was released to the public and just makes you wonder if Tua becoming the starter was strongly influenced from within the organization.

Because I am fan of football, don't wish to see Tua get hurt in his first game playing the Rams and against Aaron Donald.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't fear Tua as much as I look forward to him and Josh Allen being rivals for a long time.  Tua has an above average arm, pinpoint accuracy, and great anticipation.  He'd have went #1 overall if it wasn't for his injuries.  The Bengals screwed up again.

The Bengals got a really good QB and once that kid gets a supporting cast that team will be on the rise.

Okay, let me see if I can put together a coherent sentence... coffee is still percolating..

For whatever reason I don’t think Alabama QBs translate well to the NFL.. He played for a school that had superior talent all around him... pretty much a 4 star or 5 star recruit at every position around him while going up against schools that had maybe half as many commitments than Alabama.. Shoot, Alabama’s backups could probably beat most D1 teams.. Now here he is in Miami, playing for a team that is less talented than most NFL teams — can he elevate his game? He goes from the hunters to the hunted.. Weak roster all around him, is he really that good or did he benefit from playing for Nick Saban and that Alabama team?

10 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

It will be interesting to see how he performs. Great college player, but Bama hasn’t lost a beat with his replacement. 

He’s also very small for an NFL QB. 

long term? Not particularly.

in a single game this year? He could be a variable and when you have the better team you don’t like seeing wild card like him on the other side. 

10 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

It will be interesting to see how he performs. Great college player, but Bama hasn’t lost a beat with his replacement. 

He’s also very small for an NFL QB. 

When he's proven he's to be feared, I'll fear him.

Fitzpatrick has our number.  Our defense doesn't confuse him a bit.  He knows just where to put the ball, when.  Well, except when Tre White knows Fitz knows just where to put the ball and gets there first.

Fitz can sit in the QB room with Tua and explain our number, but that's different from read-and-react in real time.

Fear him? No.

I do think he will be a high quality NFL quarterback, though.

I used to think Allen vs Darnold would be the big QB rivalry in the AFC East for the next decade. Now I think it'll more likely be Allen vs Tua.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fear him? No.

I do think he will be a high quality NFL quarterback, though.

I used to think Allen vs Darnold would be the big QB rivalry in the AFC East for the next decade. Now I think it'll more likely be Allen vs Tua.

What if it's Tua vs. Lawrence (Jets)???

Let's hope Allen can stay in the discussion.

Lawrence on paper is better than ANY of the guys in Josh Allen's class, and by a lot.  

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What if it's Tua vs. Lawrence (Jets)???

Let's hope Allen can stay in the discussion.

Lawrence on paper is better than ANY of the guys in Josh Allen's class, and by a lot.  

What if Lawrence stays in school for another year to avoid being drafted by the Jets, a la Peyton Manning?

We can play the "what if" game all day.