Who will the starting guards and corners be for Sunday.. Running short

Guards, we have Winters, Ike (is he PS or active roster?), Feliciano could be activated, Darryl Williams could play RG with Ty playing RT.  Bates may also be able to play guard.  Not saying any of this is good news, but we do have the bodies.

CB - after Tre, it gets thin fast and Tre himself is banged up.  Is Norman healthy?  He has a nose for the ball, but cannot cover.   Taron Johnson, I believe is healthy, although not playing well at all.  How about Siran Neal?  He used to be a safety, but I believe he's a slot corner now.  I assume that Wallace is still out (is he on IR?).

Feel free to fill in the blanks - these are just off the top of my head.

Good thing we have the Jests this week.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Guards, we have Winters, Ike (is he PS or active roster?), Feliciano could be activated, Darryl Williams could play RG with Ty playing RT.  Bates may also be able to play guard.  Not saying any of this is good news, but we do have the bodies.

CB - after Tre, it gets thin fast and Tre himself is banged up.  Is Norman healthy?  He has a nose for the ball, but cannot cover.   Taron Johnson, I believe is healthy, although not playing well at all.  How about Siran Neal?  He used to be a safety, but I believe he's a slot corner now.  I assume that Wallace is still out (is he on IR?).

Feel free to fill in the blanks - these are just off the top of my head.

Good thing we have the Jests this week.  

Norman has been declared out.  And yes, Wallace is still on IR and can't be activated until next week.

White and Cam Lewis are both listed as questionable.  Lewis is wearing a club on his wrist.

White DNP on Friday, which is a backslide from W (full) and Th (limited)

Taron Johnson is the nickel and would need to be backfilled if he starts for either of the other CB slots.

Good thing we got all those D-Linemen so we can get them in the rotation at CB2 and or NCB, and OG. 

Maybe since Philips didn’t dress last week he can get an opportunity playing CB or OG? 

...a girl can dream, can’t she? 

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I believe the saying is that CB's are just WR's that can't catch, sooooo Move McKittrick from WR/Trick plays to CB.

Forget about Guards, just line up Morse and four Tackles.

Problem solved, this GM thing is easy. 😷 ... I have plans for Bojorquez too.

No Guards - Just going to run the Jalen Hurts 2 point conversion formation all game. 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

Low on corners and guards

....not that it would ever be a Beane consideration (think he sank his own ship with brass), but if Spain got over his "loss of starting job pouts", would you consider it?....seemed to be quite a bit of positive conjecture here about his injury and "hope he comes back soon" comments.....

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We are going to have a mess on our hands. Even if White is 40% we need him out there. The fact that we brought in no replacement level CB over the past 3 weeks

OK Bright Eyes who is out there at "replacement level CB" we could bring in and sign to our practice squad?

Or, if there's someone you want us to sign to the active roster, who gets placed in storage for 3 weeks or cut to make room for them?

Everybody's a GM until they have accountability and get down to the nuts and crackers of actually making it fit.

---------------

Pretty good Matt Parrino article from Syracuse.com about our options:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/10/tre-davious-white-questionable-josh-norman-out-vs-jets-heres-what-bills-might-do-at-cb.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mango said:

Good thing we got all those D-Linemen so we can get them in the rotation at CB2 and or NCB, and OG. 

Maybe since Philips didn’t dress last week he can get an opportunity playing CB or OG? 

...a girl can dream, can’t she? 

Let us know after your sex change.  Keep the gonads on ice just in case.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK Bright Eyes who is out there at "replacement level CB" we could bring in and sign to our practice squad?

Or, if there's someone you want us to sign to the active roster, who gets placed in storage for 3 weeks or cut to make room for them?

Everybody's a GM until they have accountability and get down to the nuts and crackers of actually making it fit.

---------------

Pretty good Matt Parrino article from Syracuse.com about our options:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/10/tre-davious-white-questionable-josh-norman-out-vs-jets-heres-what-bills-might-do-at-cb.html

Trumane Johnson

Morris Claiborne 

B.W. Webb

There are 14 teams with less then 2 wins. Trade for a CB. It’s not difficult to do or to understand. There are probably 5-10 guys on teams that are rebuilding that could have been brought in. Washington would probably move fuller or Darby. There are guys on the eagles(slay, robey ) Minnesota is about to blow that team up. The chargers have a couple of veterans that I’m sure could be had (des king). There are plenty of guys that you could have traded for. Still can. Being in a position to have a 1 handed Cam Lewis or another PS guy in a must win game is not ok. I will name players that you could have traded for but it will be pointless. We did nothing.

I’m not trying to say we were going to end up with a future starter at CB but what we did isn’t enough. There are a few guys out there that could have helped and would at least provide some depth or options at the position.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We are going to have a mess on our hands. Even if White is 40% we need him out there. The fact that we brought in no replacement level CB over the past 3 weeks is inexcusable. We should not be in position to be starting Cam Lewis it Dane Jackson. This is an absolute must win game It’s truly embarrassing.

Cam is fine... if he didn't have a club. After that it really gets dicey

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Trumane Johnson

Morris Claiborne 

B.W. Webb

There are 14 teams with less then 2 wins. Trade for a CB. It’s not difficult to do or to understand. There are probably 5-10 guys on teams that are rebuilding that could have been brought in. Washington would probably move fuller or Darby. There are guys on the eagles(slay, robey ) Minnesota is about to blow that team up. The chargers have a couple of veterans that I’m sure could be had (des king). There are plenty of guys that you could have traded for. Still can. Being in a position to have a 1 handed Cam Lewis or another PS guy in a must win game is not ok. I will name players that you could have traded for but it will be pointless. We did nothing.

I’m not trying to say we were going to end up with a future starter at CB but what we did isn’t enough. There are a few guys out there that could have helped and would at least provide some depth or options at the position.

You’re not trying to say we were going end up with a future starter, but right before that statement, you go on to list some of the better cornerbacks in the NFL as trade candidates. 

I totally follow. 

Edited by JGMcD2