Darnold to start Sunday for Jets

YoloinOhio

21 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Good point, but it assumes an organization can "wreck" a player.

I think where a player is drafted can absolutely have an impact on his career, but I don't think it wrecks his ability to play.

It's more likely that Darnold just isn't going to be as good as some thought; he regressed his last year at USC and his stock value dropped in some people's eyes.

The Jets are surely going hard for #1 and Trevor Lawrence, assuming he comes out.

If he has the talent, even the Jets can't ruin him.

Darnold is going to end up somewhere else.

Completely disagree.  He has the worse receiver core in the league.  They start a 45 year old rb. Their only good o linemen is a rookie who has played in like 2 games.  

Darnold was playing really well at the end of last year.  No qb would succeed in that joke of an organization. Same with Rosen.  Now, they may have been overrated as prospects but those franchises did everything in their power to make them fail.  The Bills struggle with their plan for Allen’s rookie year but since, he has been in one of the better situations in the league.  It makes a huge difference. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What puzzles me is the number of people who seem to think this HAS to be a blowout or it somehow doesn't count.

Just Win Baby

I'd like for the offense to find it's groove again. Put it in the end zone at least four times. At this point I'm expecting the worst from the defense at this point until they can show me otherwise. But the offense has to get back on track. Especially with games against New England and Seattle. Would like to get at least a split in those two games. 

23 hours ago, Wo-Bah said:

If the Jets move on from Darnold, what's to prevent them from wrecking another QB?

Nothing, 

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So tell me: what team has your true fan loyalty? 

I can't imagine an actual fan of the Buffalo Bills chortling that they'll laugh when an opposing QB torches our D and to say that then "Honestly, I want the Bills to win but the opponent needs a few too" - what baloney.

Yes, very concerned.

What horsecrap.  No one risked his life.   I'm sure he plotted his course out ahead of time with GPS coordinates and had radar traffic services (flight following) from Buffalo Approach.  He did a great job - but not "risked their life" SMH

That was written by someone who is totally ignorant of anything aviation-related, saw an acute angle in the flight path, and assumed it was some kind of "daredevil maneuver."

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Defense has a lot of injuries. I really don’t see how so many people think this is going to be a blowout 

Especially since the offense has been averaging 17 points the last two weeks...

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What puzzles me is the number of people who seem to think this HAS to be a blowout or it somehow doesn't count.

Just Win Baby

I think many fans would like to see a convincing win against a winless team to prove to them that the 4-0 start wasn’t a fluke like 2012 or 2008...but I get your point...

But I definitely feel that the last two games have rocked this fan base to the core, as many thought we were better than we showed...

Edited by JaCrispy

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I think many fans would like to see a convincing win against a winless team to prove to them that the 4-0 start wasn’t a fluke like 2012 or 2008...but I get your point...

But I definitely feel that the last two games have rocked this fan base to the core, as many thought we were better than we showed...

To me personally it’s not just we lost those two last games , but it’s the overall performance  ESPECIALLY the Chiefs game  , and I was still confident that we could beat the Chiefs , 

as of now I have no confidence at all going in to the jets game 

Edited by Putin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I thought this was a Bills message board

What do you mean? You mean this is a Bills propaganda board or a place where we give opinions about the Bills? 

I think they're going to lose. The only thing going right for them is Josh Allen. I think teams have figured out how to defend our offense. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I'm most definitely feeling rocked right now.

I just listened to the "Chris Simms Unbuttoned" evaluation of the KC-Buff game and it's whoaoao!.  That's some Prime Locker Room juice for our D, lemme tell ya, but it better hit the coaches where they live and make them consider.  Over here if you want to give a listen.  Still SMH.  Simms fires with both barrels

Anyway, I'd love to see a convincing win but with all the injuries, I'll take a win any way we can get it. 

But if Simms is correct in his scathing indictment of our defense, that may be tough to achieve even against the Jets.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just Win Baby

Going 5-2 is still 5-2! 

Having only lost to the two teams in the last AFC Championship game takes a little sting out of it. I’d rather look forward to Sunday than back at the last two weeks. No point in making yourself crazy! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

KC TEN #2 #3  offensive efficiency, the Jets are 31st so maybe the defense looks a little better even though they are still missing parts and banged up.

This could be a good week for the offense to get back on track as well. 

I'm even sticking with the Bills in my DK survivor pool. 😬  😎

Edited by Turk71

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm most definitely feeling rocked right now.

I just listened to the "Chris Simms Unbuttoned" evaluation of the KC-Buff game and it's whoaoao!.  That's some Prime Locker Room juice for our D, lemme tell ya, but it better hit the coaches where they live and make them consider.  Over here if you want to give a listen.  Still SMH.  Simms fires with both barrels

Anyway, I'd love to see a convincing win but with all the injuries, I'll take a win any way we can get it. 

But if Simms is correct in his scathing indictment of our defense, that may be tough to achieve even against the Jets.

Thanks...just watched it...and I gotta say, after watching it, I don’t know that anything can be done this season- which sux because we still have a long way to go against more tough opponents...sounds like we almost need an overhaul of the D...fingers crossed that the good Lord can send us down a miracle...

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Thanks...just watched it...and I gotta say, after watching it, I don’t know that anything can be done this season- which sux because we still have a long way to go against more tough opponents...sounds like we almost need an overhaul of the D...fingers crossed that the good Lord can send us down a miracle...

I dont know if it needs "overhauled" it probably needs about 3 key pieces.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll say this. Darnold is going to attack the same way KC and Tenn (and MIA) did. So since we know where he's going, are we going to stop it?

Probably not. When you don't have the talent & can't make adjustments, it's likely every team is just going to keep on attacking the same way.

Doesn't mean we'll lose, but our defense went from being a source of pride to something I'm genuinely afraid to watch every time they step on the field.

8 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

It sounded as though better play calls and guys playing in position would help a lot

On 10/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Completely disagree.  He has the worse receiver core in the league.  They start a 45 year old rb. Their only good o linemen is a rookie who has played in like 2 games.  

Darnold was playing really well at the end of last year.  No qb would succeed in that joke of an organization. Same with Rosen.  Now, they may have been overrated as prospects but those franchises did everything in their power to make them fail.  The Bills struggle with their plan for Allen’s rookie year but since, he has been in one of the better situations in the league.  It makes a huge difference. 

Right, it's the organization, not Darnold.  I.E., he's not ruined.

When he goes elsewhere he'll have a resurgence. 

The circumstances Lawerence will find himself in, in NY, will be totally different (new coach I assume) and we'll take it from there.