Darnold to start Sunday for Jets

YoloinOhio

I'd rather they face Flacco.  But let's face it, if the Bills lose to this NY Jets squad, even with Darnold,  the season is basically over.

It unnerves me, because no matter how good/bad the Bills are, we always seem to split with them.  Even in years that Buffalo sucked and the Jets were good, we'd still beat them once.

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So tell me: what team has your true fan loyalty? 

I can't imagine an actual fan of the Buffalo Bills chortling that they'll laugh when an opposing QB torches our D and to say that then "Honestly, I want the Bills to win but the opponent needs a few too" - what baloney.

Yes, very concerned.

What horsecrap.  No one risked his life.   I'm sure he plotted his course out ahead of time with GPS coordinates and had radar traffic services (flight following) from Buffalo Approach.  He did a great job - but not "risked their life" SMH

I hate the Jets, but I want them to win a few games this year, whatever it takes to get them out of the worst record in the NFL.  I’m actually hoping they take this game, steamrolling this garbage D, Fraiser finally gets fired and the rest of the season, we have a fighting chance to see a decent D on the field.   It’s about the only hope to turn the Bills into a real contender for this season.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Darnold 25/33 288 3 TD and Gore 20/100 and Jets win.

Yep, I have zero confidence at the moment

But my picks this year are horrendous, so celebrate now

I think it would take Frank Gore more like 50 carries to approach 100 yards, and the game would be over by the time he got there.

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I’m gonna laugh when he torches this D and picks up the first win of the season.  Let the finisher be a walk into the end zone as Edmunds looks clueless again.   Honestly, I want the Bills to win, but the Jets need a few too, I don’t need to be watching Lawrence for the next 15 years.

I do not think you would pass a lie detector test on wanting Bills to win.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's not get too cocky. Don't forget how vulnerable we are over the middle to the quick strike.

Quick strike over the middle?  We can't contain either edge, we can't stop the run.......  Guys in this thread that think our D is going to come out and make some kind of statement are fooling themselves.

Our one dimensional offense is going to have to have a near perfect game to beat the Jets.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I do not think you would pass a lie detector test on wanting Bills to win.

I am indifferent at this point, the Bills aren’t real contenders, they got dominated by 2 teams they have to go through to make the SB, to me, nothing else matters.  You play to win championships, not participation trophies.  Nobody cares is you win the division vs a bunch of sub .500 teams and get knocked out immediately.  

So, yeah, whatever happens, happens. In the long term, it’s probably better to move up in the draft to try to draft yet another defensive player in the first round and play them out of position for 4-5 years or until McClappy gets canned.   More importantly, letting the Jets move further down in the draft and miss out on Lawrence is VERY important to the long term.  We really don’t need a division with Lawrence, Tua ( not saying he will work out) and Bellicheck in it for the next 10 years, it’s bad enough Billy has been B word slapping us for the last 15 years. 

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I hate the Jets, but I want them to win a few games this year, whatever it takes to get them out of the worst record in the NFL.  I’m actually hoping they take this game, steamrolling this garbage D, Fraiser finally gets fired and the rest of the season, we have a fighting chance to see a decent D on the field.   It’s about the only hope to turn the Bills into a real contender for this season.

Sigh.  What a great fan

38 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Quick strike over the middle?  We can't contain either edge, we can't stop the run.......  Guys in this thread that think our D is going to come out and make some kind of statement are fooling themselves.

Our one dimensional offense is going to have to have a near perfect game to beat the Jets.

McDermott and Frazier are veritable Steely Eyed Missile Men compared to some here.

The Chiefs are 4th in the league in rush yards, 5th in pass yards, 2nd in overall yards, and 3rd on points.

They are a very very strong offensive football team, and we were still a makeable missed FG from tied at halftime and within one score most of the game.  We set out to contain their fast-strike deep pass game, and we did.  We didn't do other things right.

The Titans are a top-10 offense on points and for rush yards.  The Titans killed us, but a lot of that was self-inflicted wounds - 28 points off gifting them a drive start in the red zone or close to it, right?  We set out to contain their run game, and we did.

Anyone thinking this game is a cakewalk is delusional, due to the huge stack of injuries we've got mounting up.  But overall:

From the Editor's Desk: Don't panic! | Android Central

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

People think the Bills can just field a bunch of practice squad players and beat a division rival playing for pride - it’s not going to be a cake walk.  I would not underestimate the opponent and I think the spread will move a bunch.

Frankly, it should

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I am indifferent at this point, the Bills aren’t real contenders, they got dominated by 2 teams they have to go through to make the SB, to me, nothing else matters.  You play to win championships, not participation trophies.  Nobody cares is you win the division vs a bunch of sub .500 teams and get knocked out immediately.  

So, yeah, whatever happens, happens. In the long term, it’s probably better to move up in the draft to try to draft yet another defensive player in the first round and play them out of position for 4-5 years or until McClappy gets canned.   More importantly, letting the Jets move further down in the draft and miss out on Lawrence is VERY important to the long term.  We really don’t need a division with Lawrence, Tua ( not saying he will work out) and Bellicheck in it for the next 10 years, it’s bad enough Billy has been B word slapping us for the last 15 years. 

Ah yes, we should lose to the Jets, blow the team up, forget everything the past three seasons have been about so that *checks notes* Trevor Lawrence might not get drafted by the Jets. Some real 9D chess there bucko

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

People think the Bills can just field a bunch of practice squad players and beat a division rival playing for pride - it’s not going to be a cake walk.  I would not underestimate the opponent and I think the spread will move a bunch.

Already has from -13 to -10...lot of late money going on the Jesters....