Darnold to start Sunday for Jets

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why?

My guess is because he is thinking that our Defense has been known to struggle against veterans who either release the ball quickly or have the skill to read the D and exploit our weaknesses. But personally, I just don’t think Flacco is that guy anymore and if he does play our Defense will have a big day against him. 

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

My guess is because he is thinking that our Defense has been known to struggle against veterans who either release the ball quickly or have the skill to read the D and exploit our weaknesses. But personally, I just don’t think Flacco is that guy anymore and if he does play our Defense will have a big day against him. 

That's where I am. It's not like playing a vet who's still got it like Fitzy.  Flacco seems to be just slow these days.  Slow to move, slow to read, slow to react.

Darnold is still dangerous and he's shown he has legs.  We seem to struggle with containing QBs with legs.  He's also adopted that "fake slide" move Josh uses.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m gonna laugh when he torches this D and picks up the first win of the season.  Let the finisher be a walk into the end zone as Edmunds looks clueless again.   Honestly, I want the Bills to win, but the Jets need a few too, I don’t need to be watching Lawrence for the next 15 years.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Looper said:

Darnold says he still has some pain in his throwing shoulder but can deal with it. Good way to wreck an arm permanently. 

That was kind of  stupid to say. Bills will launch right into it 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was kind of  stupid to say. Bills will launch right into it 

DL has to actually get in the vicinity of the QB to do so.  

Hopefully all the film study and personnel shenanigans have shown them that Oliver needs to stay at 3 tech and our DE’s need to scrap the gameplan of getting themselves ran 20 yards out of the play.  

52 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Good point, but it assumes an organization can "wreck" a player.

I think where a player is drafted can absolutely have an impact on his career, but I don't think it wrecks his ability to play.

It's more likely that Darnold just isn't going to be as good as some thought; he regressed his last year at USC and his stock value dropped in some people's eyes.

The Jets are surely going hard for #1 and Trevor Lawrence, assuming he comes out.

If he has the talent, even the Jets can't ruin him.

Darnold is going to end up somewhere else.

I'd bet Sam Darnold is going to have a career resurgence after the Jets let him go, just like everyone else Adam Gase has infected.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

DL has to actually get in the vicinity of the QB to do so.  

Hopefully all the film study and personnel shenanigans have shown them that Oliver needs to stay at 3 tech and our DE’s need to scrap the gameplan of getting themselves ran 20 yards out of the play.  

The difference between the chiefs/titans OL and the Jets is night and day so I’m not overly concerned they can get to him. Still need to make some plays though. Their pride should propel them into him. 

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I feel like Flacco has that ability to get hot and have a one off game. I don’t get that same feeling from Darnold. 

*Cue the Darnold 400 yard game 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I’m gonna laugh when he torches this D and picks up the first win of the season.  Let the finisher be a walk into the end zone as Edmunds looks clueless again.   Honestly, I want the Bills to win, but the Jets need a few too, I don’t need to be watching Lawrence for the next 15 years.

So tell me: what team has your true fan loyalty? 

I can't imagine an actual fan of the Buffalo Bills chortling that they'll laugh when an opposing QB torches our D and to say that then "Honestly, I want the Bills to win but the opponent needs a few too" - what baloney.

17 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Anyone else concerned about our injuries? LB and CB look like *****.

Yes, very concerned.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

What horsecrap.  No one risked his life.   I'm sure he plotted his course out ahead of time with GPS coordinates and had radar traffic services (flight following) from Buffalo Approach.  He did a great job - but not "risked their life" SMH

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1