I love the process and the excitement it brings to the Bills

PUNT750

Let's all be realistic.  These ultra serious posts dissecting a Bills loss are a bit naive.

I have to laugh when I see posts about cutting ties with Brandon Beane and McD's  short comings in 'big' games.  It's a football game!  Only the players can determine the outcome.  They execute or fail play-by-play.  Talent rules!  Our coaches put them in a great position to win but that can't always happen.

The Bills Record as of today since 2017 is 29-27.  We aren't big time contenders. 

BUT - the TALENT is coming our way. The offense and special teams are above average.  Our Defense needs an influx of talent to get us by the 1st round of the play-offs. 

I so enjoy the process taking place and watching the Bills compete with anyone in the NFL.  It's so much better than before and let's not lose sight of that!

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Let's all be realistic.  These ultra serious posts dissecting a Bills loss are a bit naive.

I have to laugh when I see posts about cutting ties with Brandon Beane and McD's  short comings in 'big' games.  It's a football game!  Only the players can determine the outcome.  They execute or fail play-by-play.  Talent rules!  Our coaches put them in a great position to win but that can't always happen.

The Bills Record as of today since 2017 is 29-27.  We aren't big time contenders. 

BUT - the TALENT is coming our way. The offense and special teams are above average.  Our Defense needs an influx of talent to get us by the 1st round of the play-offs. 

I so enjoy the process taking place and watching the Bills compete with anyone in the NFL.  It's so much better than before and let's not lose sight of that!

GO BILLS!

Buffalo is building through the draft so If you enjoy the process and want more talent. I suggest that you might want to start watching some of the players  Buffalo has selected recently like Gabriel Davis.  Give some of these young players a chance to develop and prove themselvses and you might find the Buffalo Bills have more talent on the roster then you think.

With all due respect PUNT

Edited by Figster

3 hours ago, Figster said:

Buffalo is building through the draft so If you enjoy the process and want more talent. I suggest that you might want to start watching some of the players  Buffalo has selected recently like Gabriel Davis.  Give some of these young players a chance to develop and prove themselvses and you might find the Buffalo Bills have more talent on the roster then you think.

No team in recent years has won because they added 1 or 2 players per year in the draft until lo and behold a team wins a championship.  I don't personally know the secret sauce beyond having a top QB and a top head coach.  I mostly follow the AFC.  In the AFC there are four organizations that seem to be able to compete almost every year, despite drafting with late picks due  to their successes. These teams are the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens and Chiefs. The Chiefs have already won a super bowl with the current QB & signed the QB to a record setting extension, and still seemingly improved this year.   The Bills have improved a lot compared to the prior Bills teams of the last 20 years. This year Bill's fans were hoping to see the Bills improve enough to compete with the top teams.  Hopefully the 2020 Bills have improved enough to beat the 2020 Patriots, Steelers and Ravens.  It is not quite enough that the 2020 Bills would likely crush the 2017 Bills.

The QB rookie contract window is closing fast.  Beane's job becomes much harder once Allen rolls off the rookie contract.

4 hours ago, Figster said:

Gabe Davis is a monster, but the other selections aren't as great right now. Allen looked good to start the year and dropped off, Edmunds looks like he has promise but is regressing, and Singletary has flashes. Outside of those guys can you name a real quality player since 2018? Oliver is out of position and I think he can be a stud, but Knox, Ford, Epenesa who can't get on the field, Johnson, Neal, and for some reason got rid of Wyatt Teller. It's really not looking like a build through the draft scenario honestly. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

How many more process until we can hang with legit playoff teams?

Asking for a friend...

1-2 depending on process ingredients.  Probably 2 If we don't lose anybody and re-sign Josh to a long-term team friendly deal.

(1) DT Space Eating Monster

(2) DE who can get to the QB and sack him.

(3) LB or MLB with instincts to the ball, run stuffer who can cover the middle of the field, especially TE's.

(4) TE who catches the ball, can make the contested catch and block.

(5) RB with breakaway speed (dual threat out of the backfield preferred)

(6) G that can maul and pass block. 

(7?) CB2 (good cover corner who can hit and stay with another WR2 without giving up too many big plays

That's 3 gaping holes on offense and 4 on defense. If you hit 50% of the draft picks in Rounds 1-4,  you still need to get quality FA and not journeymen to come in and MAKE AN IMPACT.  For the money we spent on the DL, we could have retained our own and built continuity on defense. Butler, Jefferson and Addison need to step up now.

• Like (+1) 1

You mean you didn't expect us to go 19-0 every season for the next 10 years starting this season?😉

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

No team in recent years has won because they added 1 or 2 players per year in the draft until lo and behold a team wins a championship.  I don't personally know the secret sauce beyond having a top QB and a top head coach.  I mostly follow the AFC.  In the AFC there are four organizations that seem to be able to compete almost every year, despite drafting with late picks due  to their successes. These teams are the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens and Chiefs. The Chiefs have already won a super bowl with the current QB & signed the QB to a record setting extension, and still seemingly improved this year.   The Bills have improved a lot compared to the prior Bills teams of the last 20 years. This year Bill's fans were hoping to see the Bills improve enough to compete with the top teams.  Hopefully the 2020 Bills have improved enough to beat the 2020 Patriots, Steelers and Ravens.  It is not quite enough that the 2020 Bills would likely crush the 2017 Bills.

The QB rookie contract window is closing fast.  Beane's job becomes much harder once Allen rolls off the rookie contract.

Unless Allen follows the trend and gives a home town discount.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

1-2 depending on process ingredients.  Probably 2 If we don't lose anybody and re-sign Josh to a long-term team friendly deal.

(1) DT Space Eating Monster

(2) DE who can get to the QB and sack him.

(3) LB or MLB with instincts to the ball, run stuffer who can cover the middle of the field, especially TE's.

(4) TE who catches the ball, can make the contested catch and block.

(5) RB with breakaway speed (dual threat out of the backfield preferred)

(6) G that can maul and pass block. 

(7?) CB2 (good cover corner who can hit and stay with another WR2 without giving up too many big plays

That's 3 gaping holes on offense and 4 on defense. If you hit 50% of the draft picks in Rounds 1-4,  you still need to get quality FA and not journeymen to come in and MAKE AN IMPACT.  For the money we spent on the DL, we could have retained our own and built continuity on defense. Butler, Jefferson and Addison need to step up now.

The 3 names you mention in your post have either been overrated as Free Agents or don't mix well with the players currently on the roster.

8 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You mean you didn't expect us to go 19-0 every season for the next 10 years starting this season?😉

8 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Allen will get his $ but I don't think Edmunds or Milano will

I love the new posters who talk about how fans need to be patient. 

They’re quick to pronounce 4th round picks as “monsters” and how losses to the teams Buffalo needs to play down the road is no big deal. 

The “process” has a lot to prove. McD’s in-game and game-planning decisions are being rightly scrutinized. It’s overdue in the timeline of roster makeovers that this team win against the AFC’s elite at home. 

4 hours ago, BillsVet said:

I love the new posters who talk about how fans need to be patient. 

They’re quick to pronounce 4th round picks as “monsters” and how losses to the teams Buffalo needs to play down the road is no big deal. 

The “process” has a lot to prove. McD’s in-game and game-planning decisions are being rightly scrutinized. It’s overdue in the timeline of roster makeovers that this team win against the AFC’s elite at home. 

Yeah? Then you’re the Only one.

• Haha (+1) 2