Week 7 Power Rankings

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-7-steelers-titans-crack-top-three

Rank  8   Buffalo Bills 4-2. Down 1

"There's no panic, but there is a sense of urgency." Josh Allen said the right things after Monday night's 26-17 loss to the Chiefs in Orchard Park, but there's cause for concern after a pair of losses to elite AFC teams in the past seven days. Playing in rainy conditions, Allen never looked comfortable in another outing that recalled memories of his bumpy rookie year. Meanwhile, the defense is now officially A Problem. Andy Reid surprised all by unleashing a relentless run-based attack that bowled over the Buffalo defense for 245 yards on a whopping 46 attempts. With one last shot at redemption in the final minutes, the Bills' defense was unable to get off the field, leading to a clinching Chiefs field goal. Just a disappointing night all the way around.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30148598/nfl-power-rankings-week-7-1-32-poll-plus-team-most-impactful-injury?platform=amp

8. Buffalo Bills (4-2) Down 3

Most impactful injury: LB Matt Milano

Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds and cornerback Tre'Davious White have each missed a game to injury, but Milano has already been lost for three games in the first six weeks. When Milano doesn't play, the middle of the Bills' defense is exposed, especially in the passing game. Now in a contract year, Milano presents a conundrum for Buffalo's front office: He is too valuable to let walk in free agency, but his injury history might put a cap on what type of salary he can command. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-7-power-rankings-steelers-are-new-no-1-bears-climb-into-top-six-packers-slide/amp/

9. BILLS  4-2-0 down 1

They have lost two straight games and the offense has sputtered. They have to get back on track, and the Jets are the perfect team to make that happen this week.

• Like (+1) 2

I buy each take. The Bills need to get the darn train back on the tracks...particularly Josh and the D. 

In each of the last two weeks, Josh didn’t look like he was having fun...even at the outset. I let my oldest son know right away it wasn’t going to be a good day (both weeks). It’s there for all of us to see. Needs to change posthaste. 

The D seems typical of McD’s time as a coordinator. Really, really good or not so much. I don’t know why yet but there are always letdowns in his D over the years...personnel, perhaps? Or maybe just schedule?

9 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I buy each take. The Bills need to get the darn train back on the tracks...particularly Josh and the D. 

In each of the last two weeks, Josh didn’t look like he was having fun...even at the outset. I let my oldest son know right away it wasn’t going to be a good day (both weeks). It’s there for all of us to see. Needs to change posthaste. 

The D seems typical of McD’s time as a coordinator. Really, really good or not so much. I don’t know why yet but there are always letdowns in his D over the years...personnel, perhaps? Or maybe just schedule?

I’d say both. Missing key guys while playing the two teams from last year’s AFC Championship game. 

As awful and painful as the last two weeks have been, I hope we right the ship and go to 5-2. I refuse to look beyond that, but I think we can turn this around, especially if the D can get healthy and return to form. 

We have problems, but I still like the general trajectory. 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d say both. Missing key guys while playing the two teams from last year’s AFC Championship game. 

As awful and painful as the last two weeks have been, I hope we right the ship and go to 5-2. I refuse to look beyond that, but I think we can turn this around, especially if the D can get healthy and return to form. 

We have problems, but I still like the general trajectory. 

I agree, Augie. Being a glass half full guy, I suspect/expect them to get the ship righted. 

With that being said, contrary to popular belief around here, I appreciate what Beane and McD have done to this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Sporting News - 6

NFL.com - 8

ESPN - 8

Yahoo - 8

Bleacher Report - 8

CBS - 9

USA Today - 10

PFT - 10

FOX - 11

NBC - 12

PFF - 13

Washington Post - 15

Average = 9.8

The WaPo is typically high on the Bills 

USA Today has been tough on them all season. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I just don't get it... We said coming into the year that if Josh made the leap we'd be a top 2 or 3 team cause our defense is so solid... Josh has lept (even in the bad games he's looked pretty good) and here we are... 

Did anyone really expect our defense to take the nosedive it has?  I expected some fallout from the players we lost but not this.

27 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Did anyone really expect our defense to take the nosedive it has?  I expected some fallout from the players we lost but not this.

I expected it to be better, honestly. The only loss we had where I didn’t think we improved was Lorax. All these other guys were supposed to be improvements and here we are. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I just don't get it... We said coming into the year that if Josh made the leap we'd be a top 2 or 3 team cause our defense is so solid... Josh has lept (even in the bad games he's looked pretty good) and here we are... 

man I no it sucks seems like something every year 

21 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Genie: "I grant you one wish"

Me: "Ok..ok, let's see...Please give the Bills a great offense next year!"

Genie: "Granted."

Me: "Oh.....and don't mess with the defense."

Genie: "Sorry, that's two."

22 hours ago, whatdrought said:

There is nothing 'not to get' at all. The Defense isn't solid so far...that is exactly the point.