What is Dawson Knox's injury

Hebert19

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's great!  But in the meantime, we badly need a big surehanded TE who can find the gaps in zone coverage and serve as a reliable outlet for Josh.

And while we're waiting for Knox to become That Guy, it's a gap in our game.

Were you emerging from a high level meeting when you spoke? 

What kind of car do you drive?

Your sarcasm sucks. Just passed a message along of what he told me. Take it for what it's worth.

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I'll bite. Did you see him out somewhere or do you know him?  

I know him.

20 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m ready to see Sweeney. He’s like 1/4 of the athlete but his hands... 

I don't understand why he wasn't activated?   Is he really not capable of practicing yet?  Hasn't it been like 4 months since he broke his foot?

50 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

Your sarcasm sucks. Just passed a message along of what he told me. Take it for what it's worth.

I know him.

Just to verify, we're talking about Dawson Knox here, right?

Because when a guy DNP all week and winds up being declared "Out" (not "doubtful" or "questionable", OUT) on Friday, a certain amount of skepticism that he actually talked to you Weds or Thurs and told you he was good to go, is inevitable.

It's always possible that's how he saw it but trainers saw it differently or when he tried to practice Thurs. he realized he coudn't, if so we skeptics would apologize when your sources prove out over time.

Sarcasm isn't the right descriptive for my comments.  They're a reference to a one-time poster here who claimed insider information about the Bills but who also went on about the fanciness of his car and sometimes said he was tied up in "high level meetings" (implied: about players or team decisions).   Back in 2015?  2016?  "High Level Meetings" became kind of a meme here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just to verify, we're talking about Dawson Knox here, right?

Because when a guy DNP all week and winds up being declared "Out" (not "doubtful" or "questionable", OUT) on Friday, a certain amount of skepticism that he actually talked to you Weds or Thurs and told you he was good to go, is inevitable.

It's always possible that's how he saw it but trainers saw it differently or when he tried to practice Thurs. he realized he coudn't, if so we skeptics would apologize when your sources prove out over time.

Sarcasm isn't the right for my comments.  They're a reference to a one-time poster here who claimed insider information about the Bills but who also went on about the fanciness of his car and sometimes said he was tied up in "high level meetings" (implied: about players or team decisions).  It became kind of a meme here.

Fair enough. I am aware of the "high level meetings" guy.  I am a straight shooter so maybe I was taken aback by your comments - I am connected with a few of the guys in the locker room and I wouldn't BS anyone on this message board. I'll post if I get any more info from D. Knox.

Btw, He loves Buffalo and was glad he was drafted by the Bills - he thought it was going to be the Patriots.

Go BILLS!

32 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I don't understand why he wasn't activated?   Is he really not capable of practicing yet?  Hasn't it been like 4 months since he broke his foot?

So this is the first week that Sweeney is eligible to be activated (week 6). 

Now the team has 6 weeks to allow him to return to practice, IR him, or release him.

Once he returns to practice, they have 3 weeks to activate him or put him on IR.

Banged up says he was said to have a broken foot at the end of July (21 July),  We don't know exactly when he broke it though, what kind of break it was, and so forth.  He could be close to ready to come back, or he could be a month away  - no way we know.  It seems it's to the team's advantage to not let him practice until he's physically ready to go, as the window between starting practice and activate/IR is short.

6 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

Fair enough. I am aware of the "high level meetings" guy.  I am a straight shooter so maybe I was taken aback by your comments - I am connected with a few of the guys in the locker room and I wouldn't BS anyone on this message board. I'll post if I get any more info from D. Knox.

Btw, He loves Buffalo and was glad he was drafted by the Bills - he thought it was going to be the Patriots.

Go BILLS!

Thanks, I can see they would take a "straight shooter" aback.  Sorry to mistake you for one of the "BS gang"

I'm sorry it didn't work out for him to be back this Sunday and we'll hope that it's good news that Knox will be back soon.

Now if we could only get Milano!

16 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

Go BILLS!

Can you ask Tre White how the new contract somehow made him forget how to play football?