What is Dawson Knox's injury

Hebert19

People gripe about Knox, how bad he sucks, how he can’t catch.. Harp on him all you want but he is young, he’s on his rookie deal/cheap contract, he makes explosive plays and when he catches the ball he runs with heart. A lot can change in two years, in the meantime we have an impressive piece of clay to mold. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

People gripe about Knox, how bad he sucks, how he can’t catch.. Harp on him all you want but he is young, he’s on his rookie deal/cheap contract, he makes explosive plays and when he catches the ball he runs with heart. A lot can change in two years, in the meantime we have an impressive piece of clay to mold. 

He’s also a walking opportunity cost.  Dawson Knox the Idea is far better than Dawson Knox the Player.  They need to be looking for some competition there at the very least because they’re investing a lot of time into a raw player with concussion issues and a knack for supreme boneheadedness.  Odds are relatively low that the light bulb goes on for him.  It might, but I wouldn’t put all my eggs in that basketcase.

I will add:  other teams just go get real right ends.  Some franchises are like 3-4 deep with quality at the position.  The Ravens and Eagles have tight ends like shark’s teeth, they just keep coming.  The Bills haven’t had a real one in like five decades.  They don’t draft them and they don’t sign them.  They try to convert quarterbacks and guys like Knox who had six catches or whatever in college.  WILL YOU PLEASE JUST GO GET A REAL NFL TIGHT END IN MY LIFETIME?  Cripes.

I will keep going: I have followed the Bills since the mid-80s and every year as long as I can remember, I've thought to myself, "Maybe next year they'll get a real tight end."  But they never have!  Tight end is somehow never on the shopping list.  All the tight ends they bring in were checkout line throw-ins, or in Knox's case from the "As Seen on TV" aisle, but when you get it home and open the box it does like one cool thing and then falls apart because it's a Chinese-made piece of junk.

That's enough for now.  But I have MORE to say.  UGH.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

agreed.  I'm much more worried with the underperformance of top 10 pick Oliver, fellow 1st rounder Edmunds, (and the play of the DL as a whole) at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I wasn’t sure, so I had to go look it up then added the link.

I still have high hopes for what kind of player he can become for us, but he IS testing my limits! 

Same.  He’s like Edmunds.  So much potential but transforming the potential into a superstar is looking like a long shot at this point. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

An occassional angry run doesn't make up for stone hands. Besides he's really a mediocre blocker. Even Jack's grandson was a better receiver. Knox will be replaced next year.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, uticaclub said:

He's just not a good enough blocker to have this type of catching issue. I would be more patient with him, if he was getting in guys way or adding extra protection but he might be worse at blocking than he is at catching the football.

Regardless of how you look at it.  He's fast and the D has to account for him.  They aren't gonna say "oh just leave him open, he will drop it".  Going off of last season he does need to improve his blocking. We really haven't seen much of him this year to give an honest evaluation of how much he has improved IMO.

17 minutes ago, Beast said:

And those people are right.

No they aren't.  See my other post for an explanation.  Some people tend to jump the gun on this stuff, especially on fan boards.

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

An occassional angry run doesn't make up for stone hands. Besides he's really a mediocre blocker. Even Jack's grandson was a better receiver. Knox will be replaced next year.

He had more highlights than just a few angry runs.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

16 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

That's great!  But in the meantime, we badly need a big surehanded TE who can find the gaps in zone coverage and serve as a reliable outlet for Josh.

And while we're waiting for Knox to become That Guy, it's a gap in our game.

17 hours ago, Southtown Tommy said:

I spoke with him last night. He told me he would be good to go for Sunday.

Were you emerging from a high level meeting when you spoke? 

What kind of car do you drive?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1