What is Dawson Knox's injury

Hebert19

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All we know is "knee".  I don't remember anyone commenting or picking out a play where it happened.  He's not on IR (yet) so they must expect him back maybe next week?

I thought it was a calf injury. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/injury-report-dawson-knox-ruled-out-for-chiefs-game-week-6

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're right, I'm wrong.  Calf it is.  I heard McDermott talking about him getting an MRI and x-rays so I made the wrong assumption.

I wasn’t sure, so I had to go look it up then added the link.

I still have high hopes for what kind of player he can become for us, but he IS testing my limits! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I, for one, think his troubles are completely predictable and expected. He was not a catching TE in college and is learning as he goes. Most pass catchers take some time to transition when entering the league and he appears to be no different. 

I maintain hope as I do love when he catches the ball and shows off his willingness to hit...and be hit. Catching is the last thing to master and, not coincidentally, usually takes the most time. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I, for one, think his troubles are completely predictable and expected. He was not a catching TE in college and is learning as he goes. Most pass catchers take some time to transition when entering the league and he appears to be no different. 

I maintain hope as I do love when he catches the ball and shows off his willingness to hit...and be hit. Catching is the last thing to master and, not coincidentally, usually takes the most time. 

He's just not a good enough blocker to have this type of catching issue. I would be more patient with him, if he was getting in guys way or adding extra protection but he might be worse at blocking than he is at catching the football.

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

He's just not a good enough blocker to have this type of catching issue. I would be more patient with him, if he was getting in guys way or adding extra protection but he might be worse at blocking than he is at catching the football.

Got it. Appreciate your opinion.