Eagles ready to deal

Big Blitz

I don't imagine a trade would be in order for even a healthy Ertz

1) We like our premium draft picks

2) Guy is pretty expensive

3) He has been publicly belly aching for a new deal- that won't stop with a trade

4) He is already 30

5) Cap # is uncertain next year- adding high $ players is not smart

6) He has no Carolina Panther experience

Edited by hmsmystic
  • Haha (+1) 1

Jeffery has been available for over a year. Nobody has called. They are not having a firesale in Philly.... but if they were..... Darius Slay is the call to make. His cap hit this year is manageable. It gives you a bit of a crunch issue in 2021 but if you are really thinking you want to make a run this year and there might be a guy on the Eagles that could help that would be my call.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Call about Ertz and Cox

Cox will receive $16 and $17 mill the next two years. Do you really want him as a one-year rental? And Philly wouldn't get rid of him anyway, it would be a huge dead cap hit.

Ertz is affordable but will miss the next four to six weeks.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 hours ago, BillsVet said:

6 games into McD's 4th season and we're talking about trades to address glaring weaknesses?  This, after losing back to back games to teams better than Buffalo right now?  If we're talking trades, the question points to the HC and GM who have totally overhauled this roster save about 2 players.  Why is a trade so necessary?  Did they not acquire their guys in the past 4 off-seasons?  Did they not implement their plan, er, "process."  

Talking about the front office generally is over the head of some fans, but in terms of strategy they've followed McD's course.  We're not one player away and that's evident.  Is McD's "process" showing its ceiling?  I guess we're going to find out, but I expect nothing less (barring something catastrophic) than a playoff win this year.  

They gotta go with what they got and McD needs to start earning that extension, which was probably a bit premature.  They shouldn't need trades now that McD has everything he needed.  

For the record, Mike Vrabel is in his 3rd season, has an AFC Championship appearance under his belt and Tennessee remains undefeated.

Aaarrgggh!   Just gave a flashback to when Jauron got an extension after a 5-1 start, then finished with his normal 7-9.

4 hours ago, ColeB said:

Aaarrgggh!   Just gave a flashback to when Jauron got an extension after a 5-1 start, then finished with his normal 7-9.

Sorry to remind you of that very low point in Bills history.  I about fell out of my chair when I heard RW negotiated it.

Here's to better days at OBD. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Cox will receive $16 and $17 mill the next two years. Do you really want him as a one-year rental? And Philly wouldn't get rid of him anyway, it would be a huge dead cap hit.

Ertz is affordable but will miss the next four to six weeks.

...can't see that in Beane's wheelhouse........

• Like (+1) 1

Ertz couldn't get open at all this year.  Either he's washed or he was mailing it in for not getting a contract extension. I'm not willing to pay a day 2 pick to find out which it is, considering he's already out a month plus.

Frankly I think he's this year's AJ Green.  Has a "lingering injury" that just won't let him get on the field for Philly.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Billl said:

This team is still a year away.  McBeane isn’t going to mortgage the future just yet.  Just look at the board, and you see people hoping to trade for a DE, a DT, a TE, a RB, and OL.  When you’ve got that many holes, you aren’t filling them all in week 7.  At this point, you roll with what you’ve got and swing big in the off-season using every tool at your disposal.  Approaching the midway point of the season, this team doesn’t appear to be a Watt or Ertz away from a Super Bowl.

Unfortunately I completely agree with this !!

32 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Ertz couldn't get open at all this year.  Either he's washed or he was mailing it in for not getting a contract extension. I'm not willing to pay a day 2 pick to find out which it is, considering he's already out a month plus.

Frankly I think he's this year's AJ Green.  Has a "lingering injury" that just won't let him get on the field for Philly.

He was their only legitimate threat in the passing games so I’m sure teams game planned to take him out.  He would be great here if he was healthy 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was their only legitimate threat in the passing games so I’m sure teams game planned to take him out.  He would be great here if he was healthy 

The Eagles offense is very much a timing based offense, Wentz usually goes to his primary or bails out.  I've seen multiple breakdowns showing Ertz hasn't been getting to the correct spots all year long.  He's either lost a step or he's mailing it in.  He's been the primary focus in that offense for 5 years now and his production fell completely off a cliff.