Eagles ready to deal

Big Blitz

19 minutes ago, Billl said:

This team is still a year away.  McBeane isn’t going to mortgage the future just yet.  Just look at the board, and you see people hoping to trade for a DE, a DT, a TE, a RB, and OL.  When you’ve got that many holes, you aren’t filling them all in week 7.  At this point, you roll with what you’ve got and swing big in the off-season using every tool at your disposal.  Approaching the midway point of the season, this team doesn’t appear to be a Watt or Ertz away from a Super Bowl.

This, I believe. 

I think what Beane will be looking for is like 2018 when he picked up Jordan Phillips off waivers or 2019 when he signed Corey Liuget.  A professional vet who can come in and shore up the team without costing the big bucks.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Ok I'll play.  What do you give up in assets and what is the cap impact in 2020 and 2021?  How many additional wins is he worth?

I'm not sure on either and the impact on our cap.  

I didn't know they re did Cox's deal.  

But with the cap going down next year, and the Eagles being a team up against it, they like a handful of others might be looking to unload.   

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Ertz is a great player but how much would Goedert cost? Wonder if they’d take a 2021 5th and maybe a conditional pick in 2022? Very cheap contract, solid albeit unspectacular player but could be a solid role player here.. I’d feel really good about Knox and Goedert.

They are probably shopping Ertz because of how much they like Goedert. No way they trade him for so little. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I mean, it literally tells you in the linked article that Ertz can no longer be traded this year. "this year, you have to designate guys on IR as having major or minor injuries, and guys categorized as having minor injuries can’t be traded. The Eagles designated Ertz as a minor injury, so that’s that on him"  Thus my comment, "Read people, read"

So I look forward to the next 5 pages of proposed Ertz trades :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billl said:

This team is still a year away.  McBeane isn’t going to mortgage the future just yet.  Just look at the board, and you see people hoping to trade for a DE, a DT, a TE, a RB, and OL.  When you’ve got that many holes, you aren’t filling them all in week 7.  At this point, you roll with what you’ve got and swing big in the off-season using every tool at your disposal.  Approaching the midway point of the season, this team doesn’t appear to be a Watt or Ertz away from a Super Bowl.

we will hear the same thing next season

”this team is still a year away” 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This, I believe. 

I think what Beane will be looking for is like 2018 when he picked up Jordan Phillips off waivers or 2019 when he signed Corey Liuget.  A professional vet who can come in and shore up the team without costing the big bucks.

They’ve got a plan.  You know my thoughts on Allen coming into this season as well as anyone.  If you’d have told me he’d be playing this well, I’d have told you they’d be undefeated.  I can not figure out how the rest of the roster has been this bad.  As bad as they’ve looked the last two weeks (and honestly they’ve been really up and down even in their wins), I still think this could be a really good team.  When they’re clicking, they look special, but they look really ugly at times.

6 games into McD's 4th season and we're talking about trades to address glaring weaknesses?  This, after losing back to back games to teams better than Buffalo right now?  If we're talking trades, the question points to the HC and GM who have totally overhauled this roster save about 2 players.  Why is a trade so necessary?  Did they not acquire their guys in the past 4 off-seasons?  Did they not implement their plan, er, "process."  

Talking about the front office generally is over the head of some fans, but in terms of strategy they've followed McD's course.  We're not one player away and that's evident.  Is McD's "process" showing its ceiling?  I guess we're going to find out, but I expect nothing less (barring something catastrophic) than a playoff win this year.  

They gotta go with what they got and McD needs to start earning that extension, which was probably a bit premature.  They shouldn't need trades now that McD has everything he needed.  

For the record, Mike Vrabel is in his 3rd season, has an AFC Championship appearance under his belt and Tennessee remains undefeated.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1