Go Bills greeting

Just Jack

50 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Anyone else do this, you see someone in a store, they have something Bills on, and as you pass you just say "Go Bills" they usually reply, and you just keep walking? My wife thinks it's strange. 

Do any other team fans do something similar? 

100% of the time.

51 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Anyone else do this, you see someone in a store, they have something Bills on, and as you pass you just say "Go Bills" they usually reply, and you just keep walking? My wife thinks it's strange. 

50 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

all the time 

shopping, at a town event, cutting Christmas trees, at airports. 

Absolutely all the time.

You have to get your house in order over there, JJ, and straighten out whatever is going on with your wife.  

:D😉

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m just getting old and cranky 😂, but I mostly stopped wearing Bills gear when out of town(I’m in WNY), because of this.  I don’t mind if I’m sitting at a bar while on vacation, and someone wants to talk about the Bills season(if I happen to have a Bills cap on), but just randomly yelling at strangers “Go Bills”...no thank you. 

• Sad 1

I usually exchange a quick "Go Bills" or "Go Buffalo" comment when I see people wearing Bills or Sabres gear.  I was wearing a Sabres hat on the beach in southern California around Labor Day and a guy spotted me and stopped to chat - he had some kind of Bills gear on.  We did the "where are you from?" and talked for a couple minutes.  My favorite of these interactions was at Octoberfest in Munich a couple of years ago.  I had a Bills hat on and out of nowhere I heard a couple of guys screaming "Bills Mafia!"  We exchanged high-fives and moved on.  I think the comradery of Buffalo natives and fans is great and seems to be much stronger than for people from other markets.  I like it and take pride in my hometown and hometown teams.

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I usually exchange a quick "Go Bills" or "Go Buffalo" comment when I see people wearing Bills or Sabres gear.  I was wearing a Sabres hat on the beach in southern California around Labor Day and a guy spotted me and stopped to chat - he had some kind of Bills gear on.  We did the "where are you from?" and talked for a couple minutes.  My favorite of these interactions was at Octoberfest in Munich a couple of years ago.  I had a Bills hat on and out of nowhere I heard a couple of guys screaming "Bills Mafia!"  We exchanged high-fives and moved on.  I think the comradery of Buffalo natives and fans is great and seems to be much stronger than for people from other markets.  I like it and take pride in my hometown and hometown teams.

"Let's go Buffalo" is my Sabres fan greeting.

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

100%. And the overall excitement and volume of the exchange increases at a rate proportional to my current distance from One Bills Drive. 

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

It would be strange if anything different happened in that situation.

I often think to myself how nice it would be to walk past someone and say that... and have it said back to me with a knowing nod and a bit of a fist bump threw in for good measure.

Sadly... it is extremely unlikely to happen unless I jump on a plane!

Although shout out to poster 'Dont stop Billieving'  who I learned last week resides a half hour away... so maybe that changes soon.

Anyway... Go Bills! 

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Absolutely - when you don't live in WNY it sort of is a bond.  I ran into a guy at the outerbanks of NC he was decked out in Bills stuff and so was I, we started talking and turned out we went to HS at the same time he in N. Tonawanda and me in Williamsville so that was cool.  Wife thinks is strange but she's from Philly.

I never wore Bills gear too often so 'Go Bills!' was never a thing for me. I started noticing it when my son got a bunch of 'Go Bills!' on vacation a few years ago and in some unexpected places.  Since then I don't pass up the opportunity when I see someone in Bills gear. And I'm more inclined to put on a Bills shirt or hat if I'm on vacation just to see who else is out there.