Ravens trade for Yannick

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just found out on Joe B's podcast that the Bills have the most expensive DL in the league.  22% of our cap goes to the DL.  

We're going to be releasing a lot players in the offseason.

Yeah. I’ve been harping on this.  It’s a bad situation.  Per Spotrac $51.7M in the DL this season and $50.4M currently on the books for next.  That’s with Murphy coming off the books and doesn’t include Zimmer who is an RFA and would be cheap.  It includes getting Star back.  I totally agree with you.  There should be changes. 

Baltimore basically gave a 5th rounder for him, and Vikings basically only got a 5th for him... Baltimore can let him walk and get a 3rd comp pick in return, Vikings could of done the same... This is a great move by Baltimore, and why they continue to be a top 5 team very year.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Hopkins is the highest paid WR in the history of football.  Diggs has years remaining on a team friendly deal.  This must be accounted for in evaluating the two trades.  

If I’m Diggs’ agent, after his monster start to the season, I’m asking for a new deal after the season.  And the Bills have to do it since they invested a 1st in him.  

• Like (+1) 1

For the fans yearning for Beane to do something, he already did.  He spent 10’s of million in cap space on mediocre DL players.  His only move now is to sit on the sidelines and try to fix the mess he has made,  in the off-season.  

Edited by Back the Blue

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just found out on Joe B's podcast that the Bills have the most expensive DL in the league.  22% of our cap goes to the DL.  

For that price, we should have a Watt, Kerrigan and a Bosa:cry:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

Man. Rough couple weeks. Bills brought back to reality and actually a worse reality than most even expected with this defense. Now this trade. Yannick was the one player available that would have helped the Bills the most. That move really sucks. 

6 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

There probably are a lot of reasons why the Bills couldn’t make a trade like (salary cap) and reasons why Yannick wanted to go to Baltimore (he’s a MD native), but man it’s disappointing to see a player of his caliber traded for so little 

The Bills could of made the trade if they really wanted to.  Ravens actually are 6.5 million OVER cap as of right now (per Spotrac).

They are either restructuring some players as we speak or have another trade in the works.

Ravens also got a large number of prime players entering FA next year so that is going to be interesting to watch.

The Vikings on the other hand are completely screwed with the Yannick deal.  I have no idea what they are thinking.

They gave up a 2nd round pick (which will be at the top of the round with their record) and received a 3rd round from BAL which will be at the

end of the 3rd round.  Yannick also cost them 6.8 million in Dead Cap.  That's a lot to pay for 6 games!

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If I’m Diggs’ agent, after his monster start to the season, I’m asking for a new deal after the season.  And the Bills have to do it since they invested a 1st in him.  

Yeah this is going to happen as sure as we will get snow this winter.  He will want to re-negotiate

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hate that we had to lose Shaq because of Murphy.  An ascending player vs a PED guy who struggles to stay healthy and lacks production.

Production-wise they’re nearly identical this year. Both have 1 sack, both have 1 TFL. Shaq has 8 QB hits to Murphy’s 3; Murphy has 8 solo tackles to Shaq’s 3.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yes, the Ravens front office is great. They really are one of the best run organizations in sports. 

I think everyone can agree that the Hopkins trade and the Diggs trade were made under two totally different circumstances. Beane paid that price for Diggs because he had to.. people want to keep comparing the Diggs and Hopkins trade because they happened around the same time, but O’Brien was never trading Hopkins in the AFC and he was running rogue... using that as a way to diminish Beane’s decision making is silly. 

I think it's fair to question the throwing in of extra assets.    Diggs was on the block for a reason and in a great WR draft it's hard to think of anyone who would have paid more.    I liked acquiring Diggs and if it took the extra picks then I am OK with it but you gotta' make up that inefficiency elsewhere.   Beane doesn't.   So don't be upset when your GM doesn't have the bullets to get other things done.  

It's very easy to be a 6-10 win team who can't beat the better teams in the NFL...........you can make a lot of mistakes and get there.    Being a SB contending team you really gotta' be on the more efficient side wrt personnel.    Beane has had 2 poor free agent hauls out of 3.......he's created record amounts of dead money and some truly bizarre ones(Spain is the latest).   And he's made some fundamental errors on draft day wrt picks and trade-ups.   There has just been too much inefficiency to get where they need to be.  It's not all bad it's just not been particularly good, efficient or effective.   And the narrative here has been just the opposite.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Production-wise they’re nearly identical this year. Both have 1 sack, both have 1 TFL. Shaq has 8 QB hits to Murphy’s 3; Murphy has 8 solo tackles to Shaq’s 3.

Shaq is basically back to who he was in 2017-2018.

The Bills milked the most out of him last year by dangling the unrestricted free agency carrot in front of him.........I think some folks confused that improved production with him being an ascending talent. 

I don't think Beane has done a great job here but I can't really blame him for not wanting to pay top dollar for guys with suspect football character like Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson.

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think it's fair to question the throwing in of extra assets.    Diggs was on the block for a reason and in a great WR draft it's hard to think of anyone who would have paid more.    I liked acquiring Diggs and if it took the extra picks then I am OK with it but you gotta' make up that inefficiency elsewhere.   Beane doesn't.   So don't be upset when your GM doesn't have the bullets to get other things done.  

It's very easy to be a 6-10 win team who can't beat the better teams in the NFL...........you can make a lot of mistakes and get there.    Being a SB contending team you really gotta' be on the more efficient side wrt personnel.    Beane has had 2 poor free agent hauls out of 3.......he's created record amounts of dead money and some truly bizarre ones(Spain is the latest).   And he's made some fundamental errors on draft day wrt picks and trade-ups.   There has just been too much inefficiency to get where they need to be.  It's not all bad it's just not been particularly good, efficient or effective.   And the narrative here has been just the opposite.

Well it’s actually useless to point out throwing in extra assets because he only gave up 1 2021 pick to acquire Diggs. So, that decision to “include extra picks” literally had no impact on being able swing a move this year. Absolutely zero impact. It was a 2020 1st, 5th and 6th along with a 2021 4th. 

He created record amounts of dead money in 2018 for a reason... I don’t understand what’s so hard to comprehend about the fact that those cap hits would have continued beyond 2018 and 2019 and made things more difficult in the years we needed to sign key pieces like Tre, Dawkins, Josh or even acquire a guy like Diggs. I’m not so sure what’s hard to comprehend about that. 

Edited by JGMcD2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tell me about. These guys have failed. Maybe keep Addison but everyone else could be gone.

In fairness, they went into FA thinking they had a run stuffing DT in Star.   Star paired up with Oliver is a strong DT tandem.  

Addison and Butler were the ones people scratched their heads at, and right now, results aren’t great.  

Hughes just seems to be getting old. It is what it is. 

Jefferson was someone Seahawks fans did NOT want to lose.  Many thought he would have a Jordan Phillips breakout year.  The Star opt-out domino effect hurts him too.  

Epenesa... all I can say is that a 2nd round pass rusher shouldn’t be having zero impact six games in.  

1 hour ago, H2o said:

The Ravens are in "win now" mode so this trade makes sense for them. Soon they will have to pay Lamar and they will also have some holes to fill next offseason with the fact being no one truly knows how much money will be available. This may amount to nothing more than a rental for a 3rd and a 5th in hopes of winning the SB. I don't see Ngakoue as the missing link for us so this really doesn't bother me. 

I understand what  your sayings but still it sucks when are the bills going to be in win now mode or just a player away. The ravens came in the league in 1996 and have 2 rings and from what you think and me are a contender for a super bowl this year. Unbelievable