Ravens trade for Yannick

YoloinOhio

In fairness the Bills don't really have the draft capital or cache of young talent to part with much in trade for a rental.

Beane has been a little careless with draft capital.

For example........while the Cardinals were fleecing the Texans for Hopkins.........Beane threw in both a 2020 5th and a 2021 4th this year to get Diggs.......which is nearly the cost the Ravens are paying too rent Ngakoue.

The Ravens personnel department is just much better than the Bills..........they are in position to make hay because they are more efficient with their opportunities.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just found out on Joe B's podcast that the Bills have the most expensive DL in the league.  22% of our cap goes to the DL.  

We're going to be releasing a lot players in the offseason.

McD sets the strategy and it requires a 7-8 man rotation DL.  And 4 years into the "process" that's brought multiple questionable contracts.  Star, Murphy, and Klein immediately come to mind. 

There are exceptions, but McD loves his high-motor type players who aren't the most skilled.  And that shows up against top competition where he struggles to win. 

Maybe it all works out.  Maybe McD's plan is flawed and topping out.  Or, perhaps Josh carries this team and McD lets him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

The Bills are in the same exact situation - both QBs were first round picks the same year. 

But the Ravens don't have the same amount of needs we have currently on the defensive side of the ball as a whole. Their offense is set basically except for Lamar. Like it or not their, team overall is more talented than ours at this point being set up for a "win now" move as such. I also believe Ngakoue fits better into their 3-4 than he does our 4-3. 

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In fairness the Bills don't really have the draft capital or cache of young talent to part with much in trade for a rental.

For example........while the Cardinals were fleecing the Texans for Hopkins.........Beane threw in both a 2020 5th and a 2021 4th this year to get Diggs.......which is nearly the cost the Ravens are paying too rent Ngakoue.

The Ravens personnel department is just much better than the Bills..........they are in position to make hay because they are more efficient with their opportunities.

Yes, the Ravens front office is great. They really are one of the best run organizations in sports. 

I think everyone can agree that the Hopkins trade and the Diggs trade were made under two totally different circumstances. Beane paid that price for Diggs because he had to.. people want to keep comparing the Diggs and Hopkins trade because they happened around the same time, but O’Brien was never trading Hopkins in the AFC and he was running rogue... using that as a way to diminish Beane’s decision making is silly. 

14 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Phillips was the soul of that d-line last year. People think Star is the missing piece.. I think it's Phillips.

He's crushing it in AZ. I think Phillips and Lawson were both really valuable. Lawson contained the edge and was a good run stopper.  Seems our guys are taking very wide paths to the QB and losing both contain and the ability to get in quick.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hopkins is the highest paid WR in the history of football.  Diggs has years remaining on a team friendly deal.  This must be accounted for in evaluating the two trades.  

• Like (+1) 1

The process...the wizard...yawn. Sadly this team could end up being worse than last year despite the improvements on offense. I know people will see how do you know we didnt try, etc. But we had a much bigger need than the ravens so could have offered something more. This was the type of move this team needed. 

There probably are a lot of reasons why the Bills couldn’t make a trade like (salary cap) and reasons why Yannick wanted to go to Baltimore (he’s a MD native), but man it’s disappointing to see a player of his caliber traded for so little 

57 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just found out on Joe B's podcast that the Bills have the most expensive DL in the league.  22% of our cap goes to the DL.  

We will get younger, and we will get cheaper. It’s got to happen, and I’m confident it will. I pray we are also BETTER. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

He's crushing it in AZ. I think Phillips and Lawson were both really valuable. Lawson contained the edge and was a good run stopper.  Seems our guys are taking very wide paths to the QB and losing both contain and the ability to get in quick.

I hate that we had to lose Shaq because of Murphy.  An ascending player vs a PED guy who struggles to stay healthy and lacks production.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No we're not as Trent Murphy's contract will be off the books and we could cut someone like Butler and only count $1 million against our cap.