Ravens trade for Yannick

YoloinOhio

Brutal news...

Just bad all around...Huge need...Wasted cap space getting no real production on the D-Line outside of Addison, and that's standing in the way of making a move that cost next to nothing pick-wise. He goes to a team that the Bills are trying to beat to get to the SB and the Ravens already have a FAR better Defense...

Just bad...😎

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Hell, I could have told you that. 

Murphy, Hughes, and Addison all have cap hits over 9 million

Jefferson and Butler are over 6

And for what production?

Murphy, Hughes and Butler will be gone next year IMO.  That will clear some room to get some more in....plus I expect us to draft multiple defensive lineman.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

someone mentioned it yesterday and people flamed him.  damn beane needs to go for the move. this team needs a playoff run

How can we when we pay good money for subpar talent? We always do this, coupled with subpar drafting. Meanwhile real competent teams like Pit and Balt draft and sign great talent year after year. 

We’ll always have Zack Moss and Vosean Jos...oops! Never mind. 

Kidding on Zack Moss...a little. He may turn out a fine player, but no question I’m taking a top flight pass rusher over a backup RB all day. McD and Beane have really struggled to get anyone in here that can give a consistent pass rush. 

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

We’ll always have Zack Moss and Vosean Jos...oops! Never mind. 

Kidding on Zack Moss...a little. He may turn out a fine player, but no question I’m taking a top flight pass rusher over a backup RB all day. McD and Beane have really struggled to get anyone in here that can give a consistent pass rush. 

Meanwhile teams like Pitt drafted players like Watt and Dupree. While we spin tires on Maybinites.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Had no ability to fit him in our Salary Structure unfortunately because that is a cheap price, and Minny is in cap hell and wouldn't be taking on any contracts to help Yannick fit.  Sucks but I think this is the defense we are living with or dying with this year.  I do expect dramatic changes to at least the front 7 next year.

26 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

No worries guys, we still have rookie AJ Epenesa, Trent Murphy, and the corpses of Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison.

Once Trent gets healthy and gets to play the Jets every game, he will be a monster.

what an awesome trade for the Ravens.  It’s going to be almost a 4th and 6th for a guy who is tied for 4th in sacks.  Would have been amazing for us.

what other good pass rushers are on the market?

22 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Ngakoue >> Hughes for McD's scheme. Future 3rd and 5th is peanuts for 9 games this season + option to re-sign or get back a comp pick.  Like Hughes, he is not great at setting the edge (though likely better than Hughes - did ya guys see the 31 yard run play  against the Chiefs) - but unlike Hughes, he will actually be getting to the QB more.

C'mon Beaner - do your thing.

Sadly, you know who set a good edge, Lawson.  Resigning Lawson and Phillips would have also offset the money given to Butler, Addison and Jefferson and kept the continuity on defense.  

• Like (+1) 3