Ravens trade for Yannick

YoloinOhio

Ngakoue >> Hughes for McD's scheme. Future 3rd and 5th is peanuts for 9 games this season + option to re-sign or get back a comp pick.  Like Hughes, he is not great at setting the edge (though likely better than Hughes - did ya guys see the 31 yard run play  against the Chiefs) - but unlike Hughes, he will actually be getting to the QB more.

C'mon Beaner - do your thing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

The Ravens are in "win now" mode so this trade makes sense for them. Soon they will have to pay Lamar and they will also have some holes to fill next offseason with the fact being no one truly knows how much money will be available. This may amount to nothing more than a rental for a 3rd and a 5th in hopes of winning the SB. I don't see Ngakoue as the missing link for us so this really doesn't bother me. 

right. we need to "win now"... a pass rush helps everything and makes this team a legit contender. apparently 2 losses changes our thought process?

Welp. We're 4-2....... guess we'll play for next year.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

Are you kidding me? Tip my hat to the Ravens, but it would be nice if we were a little more aggressive on something that would’ve dramatically helped our defense. But, I guess he never played for the Panthers so we would’ve never been an option.  

But hey! We got Ahmad Gooden!

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

The Ravens always seem to get value in their trades and picks.  They picked up Calais Campbell for what I recall is a 5th rounder in the 2020 draft.  The front office and the coaching staff identify a deficiency, perhaps from their earlier game against the Chiefs, and then look for ways to correct it.   In this case improving the pass rush while allowing for more defenders to drop into coverage.  The Bills are quite a bit behind but so are almost every other team.  Well done Ravens..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Ngakoue >> Hughes for McD's scheme. Future 3rd and 5th is peanuts for 9 games this season + option to re-sign or get back a comp pick.  Like Hughes, he is not great at setting the edge (though likely better than Hughes - did ya guys see the 31 yard run play  against the Chiefs) - but unlike Hughes, he will actually be getting to the QB more.

C'mon Beaner - do your thing.

Gets to play OLB behind a campbell or wolfe though.  So.. he's always lined up outside the tackles shoulder most likely. 

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

right. we need to "win now"... a pass rush helps everything and makes this team a legit contender. apparently 2 losses changes our thought process?

Welp. We're 4-2....... guess we'll play for next year.

No, we're playing for this year guy. But the addition of Yannick only does much for this defense as a whole. Our deficiencies run much further than a DE we wouldn't be able to afford to keep when this season ends. He's also not Bruce, not Reggie White, not Von Miller, not Demarcus Ware, not Chandler Jones, not TJ Watt, and he's not either Bosa. He's just a solid player, who is lightweight for a true DE in a 4-3, and playing for a $20,000,000+ contract. You think he's going to get that here? Yeah, not happening.  

8 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

This is so confusing...

Jags trade Yannick to Vikings for a 2021 2nd and 2021 5th rounder

Yannick gets 4 sacks

Vikings trade Yannick to Ravens for 2021 3rd and 2022 5th rounder.

WTF???

Less games. 

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just found out on Joe B's podcast that the Bills have the most expensive DL in the league.  22% of our cap goes to the DL.  

We're going to be releasing a lot players in the offseason.

Hell, I could have told you that. 

Murphy, Hughes, and Addison all have cap hits over 9 million

Jefferson and Butler are over 6

And for what production?

• Like (+1) 1