Three Most Likely Outcomes For The Next 3 Game Stretch  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you see the Bills record after the next four games

• 7-3 (3-1)
    • 6-4 (2-2)
    • 5-5 (1-3)
    • Other (8-2 or 4-6)

I voted 2-2.

I know the Bills are 4-2 overall but after the last two games, I think we're looking pretty average.  So I put them at .500.

I don't expect to be as bad every game as we were against the Chiefs.  But the year long struggles on defense and the recent struggles faced by the offense make me wonder if this team is any better than mediocre.  

It's perplexing.  The D plays really well for 2 years then falls apart this season.  The offense looks great for 4 games to start the year and then looks fatally flawed for the past 2.  Will the real Buffalo Bills please stand up.

Maybe it's just the fate of all Bills fans to suffer.    

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

I would agree with this if we had a real HC, franchise QB, star players, etc.

And that's the biggest concern right now is that we may have none of these and the first month of the season was simply fool's gold like so many years past.

I have to admit, I have been pretty critical, even went with 1-3 in the next stretch but this, right here, is way out there in left field...

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Sounds like you're no firm tree.😁

I think we beat the Best.  Have a close call against NE.  Lose a close one to Seattle and all the sudden the D plays like it should in Arizona leaving us scratching our heads as in the past but happy.

I hope you're right, I really do. win sunday and I can start billeving again 👍

a lot needs to change though and it may not start this week with all the injuries but lets hope they can start by getting past the jets?

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear

1 hour ago, High Football IQ said:

I would agree with this if we had a real HC, franchise QB, star players, etc.

And that's the biggest concern right now is that we may have none of these and the first month of the season was simply fool's gold like so many years past.

I share your concerns but in McDs defense when his team got killed in the past, they did rally to play better in subsequent games. Look I've made no secret I don't really like McD and I think Beane is no better nor no worse than any other GM.  But McD has shown an ability to adjust and improve during a season.  He appears incapable of ingame adjustments but when he has time to plan he generally has turned things around. 

New England and Arizona have rushing attacks that can pose problems. Seattle is one dimensional again due to RB injuries. 

On 10/22/2020 at 9:42 AM, corta765 said:

The next four games are pretty crucial for the season and I have them broke down for the most likely scenarios:

3-1 - The Jets game is expected and a must win, but getting two of three to get the Bills at 7-3 would really help to solidify the division chances and give some distance for the stretch after the bye. Personally beating NE means more to me then SEA despite the hawks being a better team. If the Bills can get NE and split the NFCW I think they are in really good shape.

2-2 - This scenario is dependent on who the two wins come against. If the Bills beat NYJ/NE  I am not devastated losing the next two because of the division implications and tie breakers they get on AFC wins. Worst case scenario would be the Bills don't win the AFC games but somehow win both NFC games. The only positive there is the Jets getting a win would potentially stop them from getting T Law which would be kind of funny granted at our expense. If the Bills beat the Jets and Cards that would be probably the worst case 2-2 stretch as the Bills would fall again to the Pats and lose again to a great team SEA reigniting more issues about the team not being good enough.

1-3 - Beat the Jets and lose the next three yikes. Even if they beat the Pats and lost the other three it doesn't do a enough for the division the door is still open. I don't want to even have to think about what if the Bills lose both AFC games and only get an NFC win.

For me I see them going 2-2 with wins against the Jets and Pats solidifying the division, but struggling against SEA and losing out west against ARZ.  I think the Bills need to make some addition on defense whether trade or FA to get me to 3-1. The offense has stretch coming up where they can certainly score against the defenses that they are playing, but my confidence is low the defense can do enough against SEA or ARZ to keep them at bay. The Pats will be a tough game but Buffalo has more talent to overcome BB plans and I honestly haven't been impressed with NE as the season is progressing. BB's gameplans are keeping this team closer then it should be which is really my greatest fear. Talent wise the offense doesn't have much after Edelman who has been good and the defense isn't bad but not the same as in years prior.

Good breakdown. The Pats D is stellar where Bills O excelled and that’s in the secondary. The Pats secondary IMO is one of the best in the NFL and right now is #2 in the NFL.. which might not sound like much but seeing as how we have faced Seattle, KC already that’s pretty amazing!

i day you guys go 2-2 as well but win  against AZ and lose to the Pats in a close one..  but I can change my mind if Cam after a full week of Practice is still not seeing the wide open receivers and throwing them the dang ball!

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Good breakdown. The Pats D is stellar where Bills O excelled and that’s in the secondary. The Pats secondary IMO is one of the best in the NFL and right now is #2 in the NFL.. which might not sound like much but seeing as how we have faced Seattle, KC already that’s pretty amazing!

i day you guys go 2-2 as well but win  against AZ and lose to the Pats in a close one..  but I can change my mind if Cam after a full week of Practice is still not seeing the wide open receivers and throwing them the dang ball!

What's with Edelman?  Is he just old?  I watched one of the Pats games and I know Cam didn't play but he had a case of the dropsies and just overall looked like he didn't even want to be on the field.

Edited by Scott7975

think they will win 2 or 3 games from this stretch  If either the defense gets to at least mediocre or they find some bit of running game I can see three wins.  If those two continue to be a glaring issue I see two wins most likely the afc east games.

15 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

What's with Edelman?  Is he just old?  I watched one of the Pats games and I know Cam didn't play but he had a case of the dropsies and just overall looked like he didn't even want to be on the field.

The last couple of years he has had the dropsies. He had the most drops on the team last year.  This year the same but he has had a run injury. 

I am more worried about Newton not throwing to wide open receivers!  He missed a wide open Harry at the end of the game.. (he admitted it was his mistake) and refused to throw to open rookies.

The New England game is far more important than the Seattle game.  Beat New England and Buffalo will be close to a lock to win the division.

I'm counting on Buffalo being much healthier after their bye.  If they aren't  Both Seattle and New England are going to be real tough games.

Edited by TigerJ

I said 2-2.  I don’t like it but I’m being realistic.  I don’t like the front 7 at all this year.  None of the players acquired are playing better than ones they replaced. Lorenzo and Star have left big holes.  

I think our hopes for a division title hang with Josh becoming a star and carrying the team.