corta765

Three Most Likely Outcomes For The Next 3 Game Stretch  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you see the Bills record after the next four games

• 7-3 (3-1)
    • 6-4 (2-2)
    • 5-5 (1-3)
    • Other (8-2 or 4-6)

I say we go 3-1 with a loss to either Seattle or Arizona.  I think our offense gets back on track the next two weeks and momentum should keep us competitive in the other two games.  I gotta believe Frazier and McD will get the defense on track or it could be painful slide through this stretch with Pittsburgh and San Francisco coming up shortly.

5 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Definitely no worse than 3-1, but I could see us going 4-0 if the September version of JA returns. IMO Seattle is the scariest game especially out there, but we should be able to light up their defense and make it a shootout. The team with the ball last wins.

Yes but McD will probably take the opposite tact because his belief in defense first.  You're going against the worst pass defense in the league, exploit it.

Edited by Billsfan1972

2-2 minimum.  They win the next two.  I think they beat Arizona.  Seattle has defensive issues as well but propbably beat us..

Comes down to the D line sacking up.  Reminds me of past season or two here there was a couple games where the rush D fell apart; McD got it put back together.  Just need to do that again.  

• Like (+1) 1

As I've stated in other threads, the last two games have been a reality check as to where this team stands among other Super Bowl contenders.  They are not on the same level as the Chiefs, Ravens, Titans or Steelers right now.  However, I still see the Bills as a good team that absolutely should win 10 games, finish atop the AFC East and make the playoffs.

I believe that many of our recent struggles are due to injuries.  Losing Jon Feliciano has really hurt our O-Line's run blocking.  Having John Brown hobbled has slowed down the passing attack.  Missing Matt Milano has been devastating to our overall defensive performance.  We were missing Tre White for the Titans game, which was a major factor in us getting blown out.  I also think it's possible Josh Allen's injury in the Raiders game is affecting his accuracy.  Hopefully as the weeks go by, we start getting healthier.

Yes, we have stunk really bad over the last two weeks.  But the Patriots have been arguably worse.  They lost to the Chiefs by 16 (we lost by 9).  They just lost to a Broncos team unable to score a touchdown the entire day.  The Pats got off to a quick start this season thanks to Cam Newton's running.  But defenses have adjusted and are now forcing them to win through the air, and that offense simply can't do it.  They have no weapons in the passing game.  We are the better team and absolutely should win this game.

I agree that our trek west is not going to be easy.  But let's not pretend those teams are flawless.  Most of the wins by Seattle and Arizona have been racked up against non-playoff teams (which is the same thing people are critical of Buffalo for doing).  The Seahawks defense has been pretty bad.  And prior to Monday night, the Cardinals were on a two-game losing streak against the Lions/Panthers.  I fully expect us to win at least one of these contests.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Every year the Bills defense looks atrocious.  2017 the Jets, Saints and Chargers stretch.  2018, the opener at Baltimore and then followed that up with the Chargers putting 28 at half.  And last year, the Eagles and Redskins stretch.  The Skins didn't put up the points but ran all over us.

Each year we've gotten the defense back on track.  That's my hope this year as well....however this stretch is longer than the previous.

I hear what your saying but I am at the point it is not just a small stretch. Through the first four games I would've understood it and the defense not gelling, but against the Rams, Dolphins, & Raiders even when we were leading the defense still allowed points to make it too close. Ironically the two best games of the defense may have been the last two given the Titans with injuries they got screwed with bad field position and the Chiefs game the game plan was to drag it down as much as possible.

The losses that they have on D have shown big time and Hyde who has regressed now for two years where he has become a liability.

I think with Milano back and White if they can play a few games together mixed with Zimmer and Cox coming up they can become a middling defense that can make a few more stops. But I have given up hope that we will see the defense of the last few years and success will be more scheme and individual talent sticking out then the defense as a whole.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes but McD will probably take the opposite tact because his belief in defense first.  You're going against the worst pass defense in the league, exploit it.

I don't understand where this take comes from.  Were passing the rock a lot.  They will pass a lot against seattle.  I don't see McD as defense first this year.

15 minutes ago, Dave in Bluffton said:

Based on responses, people seem to think Seattle is a road game.  They are coming to Buffalo this year.

Their coming to Buffalo with no fans here to help at homefield, they do not have issues typically on the road, and they have an MVP QB who is playing at his best.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I voted 3-1, but I think if the defense gets it together- 4-0. 

We should beat NE and NJ. Then, honestly, we should beat AZ (it'll probably be close).  So that gets me to 3-1.

4-0 isn't really an opinion, so much as an expectation. If this defense gets better, and we're in Year 4 of the rebuild, and our franchise QB has arrived, we need to beat one of the top teams in the league- even if we steal it.  That's SEA, to me.

23 minutes ago, Dave in Bluffton said:

Based on responses, people seem to think Seattle is a road game.  They are coming to Buffalo this year.

Their really are no home/road games this year. Its basically 16 games on a neutral field for everybody. Even teams that have some fans at games doesn't make that much of a difference with crowd noise.

7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I don't understand where this take comes from.  Were passing the rock a lot.  They will pass a lot against seattle.  I don't see McD as defense first this year.

He too tried to shorten the game with KC.  First drive was marred by a bad first throw to Beasley and then Brown dropping the third down pass.

Second drive first play was as everyone knew it would be a run.  Look at the play by play and they ran the ball a lot.  There were 2-3 other plays that were key points in the game.  Second & 1 or two around midfield and Singletary loses 6 yards & the play at the end of the third on 3rd & 1 and they don't convert.  

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He too tried to shorten the game with KC.  First drive was marred by a bad first throw to Beasley and then Brown dropping the third down pass.

Second drive first play was as everyone knew it would be a run.  Look at the play by play and they ran the ball a lot.  There were 2-3 other plays that were key points in the game.  Second & 1 or two around midfield and Singletary loses 6 yards & the play at the end of the third on 3rd & 1 and they don't convert.  

So youre evidence is that he started off passing in one game?  They had 23 runs to 27 passes; of those 23 runs, 8 were by Josh that may have been dropbacks.  

On the season they are passing 60% of the time.  Thats a passing first team that is having success (could be a bad team thats always behind, but were 4-2).

2--2

Of the 4, NYJ 95% win probability, Pats 50%, Seahawks 10% Cardinals 50%

We are going to find out versus the Pats how good McDermott really is.  We have the better teams, they mst likely have the better coaching/system.  A very interesting match-up.  Pats win suddenly they are back in the AFCE.

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That play was really really bad.  Someone had to have missed a block

I believe that Bills win the next two, but lose to Seattle and win against Arizona. Seattle’s offence is as close to prolific as it gets currently. If they get Antonio Brown for the Bills game, that three headed monster at wide receiver is going to run rough shot over the defense.

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

To me the next two games are the ones that put the Bills in the driver seat for the division. Beat the Jets and Pats and that makes them 6-2, 4-0 for an overall and division record. As for the Hawks and Cards. I hope for a split. Seattle's D isn't that good but Russell Wilson is one of the best QB's in the game who can torch our defense. The Cards are a good team but they like the Bills are subject to having a bad game. Didn't they lose to Detroit at home this year? I will say 3-1 IF THEY GET THE PATS GAME otherwise 2-2.

I agree we absolutely have to win the next 2 games. These have to be statement games where some semblance of confidence is restored. We're not beating Seattle with mvp Russ. Arizona game will probably be exactly like the Rams game. Could go either way?