Time for the Bills to assert themselves on offense again

Monday the weather was not good & can agree it did have an affect.  When you see rain on the camera, you know it will be a factor.

Sunday weather looks fine and yes it is the Jets, but the Bills need to get back to 300 yards passing and establish a running game.  Yes pretty obvious, but important after the prior two weeks & the Pats coming up.

So yes I want the Bills to bury the Jets, but hope they score some points so the Offense needs to produce & move the ball.

I did a quick review as I have just been so down on the Bills Offense 2017-19 and note the Bills averaged 18.4 points/game (28th, 30th & 24th in the league over the 3 years)  & 310 yards of offense a game.  For context the league averaged 22.6 points/game and  Mahomes in his two seasons 2018/19 averaged 303 passing.

It's time for Bills fans to expect top 10, not mediocrity.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Chiefs certainly has no issues racking up huge yardage on offense in the “bad” weather.  

Captain "dump off" had a good ground game aided by a bit of holding.

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Monday the weather was not good & can agree it did have an affect.  When you see rain on the camera, you know it will be a factor.

Sunday weather looks fine and yes it is the Jets, but the Bills need to get back to 300 yards passing and establish a running game.  Yes pretty obvious, but important after the prior two weeks & the Pats coming up.

So yes I want the Bills to bury the Jets, but hope they score some points so the Offense needs to produce & move the ball.

I did a quick review as I have just been so down on the Bills Offense 2017-19 and note the Bills averaged 18.4 points/game (28th, 30th & 24th in the league over the 3 years)  & 310 yards of offense a game.  For context the league averaged 22.6 points/game and  Mahomes in his two seasons 2018/19 averaged 303 passing.

It's time for Bills fans to expect top 10, not mediocrity.

I am pretty sure they would love to put up 50 on the Bi Planes.

But they only need to win by one so just play a solid all around game and don't force it.

Edited by JMF2006
solid has an O in it ;)

11 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Yeah the whole “bad weather” bs don’t work. Brady would come in here and Carve buffalo time after time no matter what the weather was

Trying to give the Bills the benefit of the doubt Monday.  Sure I can blame some on inaccuracy, some on drops, coaching, playcalling.......

This is really an important week to score points & throw for 300+ yards (& Jets would need to wait 'til 2021 for the next meeting). 

It doesn't matter what the Bills do against the Jets.

It matters what they do against good D's. And so far during McDermott's tenure as HC, time and again this offense gets shut down. Period.

Good teams will simply have their safeties deep against this Bills offense and they have trouble moving the ball.

It's been proven time and again what I have just said and why should any of us have any confidence whatsoever that this team can walk into KC, Pittsburgh, Tennessee or Baltimore and score more than 17 points in a playoff game?

54 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'll be concerned for sure if Allen only throws for 290 yards even if he has 3 TD's.  It's just not 300.... who you tryna fool with that 290 bull****?

300 is the new 225.....

I'll take 290 if it is through 3 quarters!!!!!😜 

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Let's face it, defenses have learned that the way to play Allen is to sit in soft zones and make him be patient and give him no big plays. 

Daboll and Allen need an effective counter to that strategy.  A solid running game would certainly help.

Other teams have figured it out and there is Allen's running ability too.

Edited by Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

None of this matters if our defense can’t get off the field. 

Seattle's defense is just as bad but they are 5-0.  They have allowed two teams to throw for over 400, two more for 300 & only the Vikings were under 300 (and they were trying to protect a lead and have a balanced offense).

4 minutes ago, teef said:

you're just going to keep getting these every time you needlessly mention a 300 yard game:

200.webp

Keep 'em coming.  I enjoy QB's throwing for 300 yards.  Makes for the most part fun games.

This game I do think 300 has meaning coming off the 2 losses.

You go and watch that McD, 17-13 barnburner.....

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Captain "dump off" had a good ground game aided by a bit of holding.

I am pretty sure they would love to put up 50 on the Bi Planes.

But they only need to win by one so just play a solid all around game and don't force it.

man bills fans are truly delusional 

Mahomes could have thrown for 400+ if he wanted to. he had zero issues throwing the football. Allens problem wasn't the weather either, he was just inaccurate as he was in his first 2 seasons. thats nothing new, thats just who he is as a QB. 

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The OP should not be allowed to post.  He last year indicated he'd rather have the Bills lose so long as they passed for over 300 yards.  If you actively advocate for the Bills to lose I would suggest your posting rights should be suspended.

But what if it is against an NFC team?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The OP should not be allowed to post.  He last year indicated he'd rather have the Bills lose so long as they passed for over 300 yards.  If you actively advocate for the Bills to lose I would suggest your posting rights should be suspended.

Stop it & return to the 60's, where it seems you belong.

I have said it plenty of times that watching the Bills was not particularly fun with the 30, 29 & 24th ranked offenses the past three year (and in the bottom half of the leaugue for 20 years).  Knowing they couldn't/wouldn't throw for 300 with McD wanting to grind out 17-13 wins playing between the 20's and hoping his D would win a turnover battels was not a winning recipe and heck made for very boring football.  

Watch any other team with a .500 record those 3 season, and yes the Bills were a hard watch. 

I watch Football to get excited.  I am a Bills fan and seldom watched a fun exciting football game 2017-19.   

I look at it this way.   The Bills are not quite as good as most of us thought they were and got their butts handed to them twice in a row by two of the very best teams in the AFC.  Not good, but not a disaster.  However, the Jests are just the patsies they need to get back on track.  They need to dominate the Jests on both sides of the ball.  Allowing the Jests to make this game close, even though divisional games often tend to be close even when teams are mismatched, would raise red flags about the team IMO.  Losing to them would be a disaster and an embarrassment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1