JJ Watt Trade Block?

3 hours ago, Billl said:

Dude is washed.  He’s not worth the salary let alone giving up picks for the opportunity to overpay him.

Perhaps, but he would instantly become the teams best pass rusher by a country mile. Plus I think most have already given up on resigning an often injured Matt Milano and an often lost Tremaine Edmunds. So they can save money there I guess.

if we had traded for watt 3 years ago at the same price, it would have been considered a steal by the bills but in fact would have been a bad trade because he has been hurt just about all the time.  trading for him would be a huge almost desperation move.  basically throwing in the towel on all of our DL signings, and ensuring murph and houghs are gonezo next season.  It could work, but it's crazy risky and i don't think the bills would make that move.

would be exciting at least!

im pretty sad the FO let shak and phillips walk and just used that money, and more, to sign downgrades.  they may only be downgrades because they don't know the scheme, or perhaps our smaller always fresh rotation doesn't work when refs don't call holding on pass rushers anymore, but its pretty clear clown or dude now in minni would have improved our D, even if we had to cut murhpy or whoever.  i think we might have won vs kc if our pass rush came on on 3rd down, and our run d made a couple of stops (literally, like 2 or 3 more stops on first or second down runs and we get the ball and cut a score from KC).  absolutely disgusting!

• Like (+1) 1

How bout Linval Joseph? He would cost a lot less in trade value and cap money thus making it more realistic for the Bills to do this type of trade. He’s a stout DT that is a 1 technique and would essentially fill the hole left by Loutoulelei. He is very good against the run and is good at tying up offensive lineman thus giving our other defensive lineman more opportunities to make plays. What do you guys think of that? Obviously the Chargers would have to be willing to move him. I know he signed a two year 17 million dollar contract with the chargers in the off-season and prolly thinking for a guy making 8.5 million what sense would that make if they didn’t pay Jordan 10 million a year but I wonder now if the Bills FO had known Star was gonna opt out would they maybe have gone ahead and resigned Jordan Phillips though not sure Phillips is worth 10 million. In all honesty if we could trade for Joseph it may actually be an upgrade from what we had in Phillips last season in my opinion. Thoughts?

16 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

If the Bills are making a big splash I would target Yannick from Minny. JJ Watt is toast, the Bills need younger or prime talent not an overpaid once great player. Give up a 2nd rounder and a 6th rounder and Murphy (as salary filler) and see if Minny bites. Yannick would greatly impact the pass rush and set the edge. Another name to keep an eye on for a more modest trade would be Dalvin Tomlinson. He is a DT from the Giants who is on the last year of his rookie deal. He is a big run stuffer (6 foot 3 320 pounds) very effective but the Giants might not have him in their long term plans with Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence being heavy investments at the position. 

I would float a 4th round pick for Tomlinson, he shouldn't impact the cap much and could be just what the middle of the defense needs at the right price both in terms of the cap and in terms of the draft capital needed to acquire him. 

Let me apologize for saying crazy talk. 
I never would of imagined Minnesota would let Yannick out the door, and that cheap either. I shall eat my crow in silence now. 

• Haha (+1) 2

No DL anywhere is going to bring a championship to any team.

Eventually these guys will catch onto that.

Too far removed from the parts that matter.

Want to bring a championship to your town?  Get a high powered offense with a stud QB and skilled WRs.

The rest is interchangeable parts.

A couple things on this.  A) Watt is not washed up.   He is older yes, but he is still a good player who can get you more in the way of pass rush and run stopping than anyone else we have on the dline.   He can also kick inside and probably also be the best defensive tackle option we have right now as well.

B).  The Bills dont currently have the cap to sign Watt, but if you send Jerry Hughes and a 2nd to the Texans you may be able to get under the cap.

Bottom line on this is how much the Bills expect to be in the AFC Title hunt at the end of the year.  If they are serious about it they will try something like this.  If not, then they probably get one home game and either lose in the wild card or second round.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

No DL anywhere is going to bring a championship to any team.

Eventually these guys will catch onto that.

Too far removed from the parts that matter.

Want to bring a championship to your town?  Get a high powered offense with a stud QB and skilled WRs.

The rest is interchangeable parts.

So we should already be in the mix.  Because Josh is a top ten QB in the league, and the wideouts are excellent.

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I never would of imagined Minnesota would let Yannick out the door, and that cheap either. I shall eat my crow in silence now. 

0000d5470d1c1b5b30b4f680ae5cd96c.jpg

I shall play you a fine tune while you feast...do you prefer Mariachi or Classical?🤡

Give me JJ for a 3rd and Kerrigan for a 5th

• Haha (+1) 1

Cant fit him in the Cap.  Like I said in the Yannick Thread, I think the money and cap is going to tie us to this defense this year, we will live or die with this current defense. 

The dramatic changes come in the offseason.

45 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

For a second I was hoping the Bills traded for him haha. The Ravens get richer at a reasonable price esp for a rental. Overall I think that the Bills need to make a move. Tomlinson from the Giants would be a great addition, maybe Irving off the street at DE too?

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cant fit him in the Cap.  Like I said in the Yannick Thread, I think the money and cap is going to tie us to this defense this year, we will live or die with this current defense. 

The dramatic changes come in the offseason.

Tomlinson from the Giants is on a nothing cap hit and would fill the need of a quality big body. I think that's the type of move that can be made.

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

For a second I was hoping the Bills traded for him haha. The Ravens get richer at a reasonable price esp for a rental. Overall I think that the Bills need to make a move. Tomlinson from the Giants would be a great addition, maybe Irving off the street at DE too?

Tomlinson from the Giants is on a nothing cap hit and would fill the need of a quality big body. I think that's the type of move that can be made.

Yeah if he is made available. Not sure I have seen he is.

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah if he is made available. Not sure I have seen he is.

The Giants likely won't be resigning him. They have Leonard Williams playing well (whom they invested a 3rd and 5th round pick in) and Simmons a 1st round pick from 2019 finding his footing. I doubt they are going to want to pay big money in free agency to retain him when they have so many needs elsewhere on the roster. It would make sense for the Giants to get value for a good but not that high in demand player (he isn't much of a pass rusher.) Overall tossing a 4th for him would greatly help the needs of the team and he is possibly a player the team can resign. It would be great if under the right type of deal to see Star and Tomlinson on the same D-line rotating in that "grinder" position. While you have Jefferson, Oliver and possibly Henry (if he looks fully recovered) as the penetrating DT's. That rotation would be balanced greatly.