How legit will Biden seeing he barely campaigned?

1 minute ago, snafu said:

No, I was being snarky.

But I do think the EC could be modified to be like Maine and Nebraska.  Votes in NY and CA and TX would mean more.

The whole point of the EC is to underweight populous states.  You're basically saying you're against it.

I'd call you an idiot, except I don't know if that's still allowed, and I don't want to put you on the same level as Tibs.

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

No, I was being snarky.

But I do think the EC could be modified to be like Maine and Nebraska.  Votes in NY and CA and TX would mean more.

It would at least be a compromise that gets things a bit closer.

3 minutes ago, New Improved DC Tom said:

The whole point of the EC is to underweight populous states.  You're basically saying you're against it.

I'd call you an idiot, except I don't know if that's still allowed, and I don't want to put you on the same level as Tibs.

I think what he means that if you're in a state that tends to heavily go one way your votes can still matter and shave off a few EC votes for the other candidate.

Works better for high population states that have a lot of votes so the percentage you have to clear is lower. Here in Wyoming we'd have to get at least 1/3 of the votes to even get 1 EC vote going in the other direction.

Edited by Warcodered

5 minutes ago, New Improved DC Tom said:

I’ve been over this ground already (and I’ve never been called an idiot by you yet 🤓 so shaddapp). Odd how the two states that do it my way are underweight.   The two senate seats will still help the underweight states in my world.  Those two go to the statewide winner.

Years ago I was mad at DC Tom for calling me an idiot.  Then I realized  why should I be mad at someone I probably will never meet and at the time was on the other side of the country from me. I realized it was a badge of honor and I was a member of the club.

For the relatively newer people  Tom has mellowed. Really he has.

Edited by Wacka

Saw a handmade sign in cheektowaga yesterday.

Losers and idiots

Vote

Biden/Harris