Justin Zimmer signed to active roster

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

He made the play of his career. I’m ecstatic that the Bills won and I love him for it. Bump away, but it doesn’t mean that Zimmer is good. Since you’re too lazy to go back through the thread and find the videos posted I’ll find them and bump it back to you. 

Here you go, Sally 

standby I’ll find more 

You finally posted a response a whole seven days later, but I'm the lazy one. Lol

Why would I go through this thread to prove your point when my opinion was established from watching the same game these clips were pulled from?

Zimmer's physical strength and athleticism is undeniable, so I'm confident that the coaching staff will find ways to utilize that to help this defense get better as the season goes on.

2 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

You finally posted a response a whole seven days later, but I'm the lazy one. Lol

Why would I go through this thread to prove your point when my opinion was established from watching the same game these clips were pulled from?

Zimmer's physical strength and athleticism is undeniable, so I'm confident that the coaching staff will find ways to utilize that to help this defense get better as the season goes on.

Everyone has an opinion, but it doesn’t mean your’s is correct. Video evidence and game analysis has proven that this guy hasn’t been good.

Zimmer made the play of his career. It won the Bills a game they badly needed. He honestly doesn’t need to make a play ever again as he’s already exceeded any expectations ppl had for him in a Bills uniform. 

He also may be the best they have at that position, but it still doesn’t mean he’s good. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Everyone has an opinion, but it doesn’t mean your’s is correct. Video evidence and game analysis has proven that this guy hasn’t been good.

Zimmer made the play of his career. It won the Bills a game they badly needed. He honestly doesn’t need to make a play ever again as he’s already exceeded any expectations ppl had for him in a Bills uniform. 

He also may be the best they have at that position, but it still doesn’t mean he’s good. 

Wait a minute, if he's been as bad as you say he has, then wouldn't he need to make a ton more impact plays like the one he made vs. the Pats to offset the myriad of bad plays that you have on him in your vault? He's already exceeded expectations based on what, if you're not acknowledging the pluses that he's shown, minus the forced fumble on Cam?

How could he be the best the Bills have at DT without being any good? You'd be suggesting that Ed Oliver, for one, is chop liver at that point. 

Feel like I'm getting double-talk from a person whose hot take on Zimmer was shredded this past Sunday especially, but is dead-set on maintaining his stance to save face. 

Video evidence shows that Zimmer is always hustling trying to make a play, and using his brute strength to harass the quarterback and help at slowing the ground attack. 

43 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Wait a minute, if he's been as bad as you say he has, then wouldn't he need to make a ton more impact plays like the one he made vs. the Pats to offset the myriad of bad plays that you have on him in your vault? He's already exceeded expectations based on what, if you're not acknowledging the pluses that he's shown, minus the forced fumble on Cam?

How could he be the best the Bills have at DT without being any good? You'd be suggesting that Ed Oliver, for one, is chop liver at that point. 

Feel like I'm getting double-talk from a person whose hot take on Zimmer was shredded this past Sunday especially, but is dead-set on maintaining his stance to save face. 

Video evidence shows that Zimmer is always hustling trying to make a play, and using his brute strength to harass the quarterback and help at slowing the ground attack. 

He's easy to like and made a huge play but I think you've got to look at him in the mold of someone like Bacarri Rambo from seasons past. A guy who made some splash plays with his limited opportunities and built some notoriety as a result, but should be little more than a stopgap based on the entirety of his play.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBobs said:

He's easy to like and made a huge play but I think you've got to look at him in the mold of someone like Bacarri Rambo from seasons past. A guy who made some splash plays with his limited opportunities and built some notoriety as a result, but should be little more than a stopgap based on the entirety of his play.

I didn't even remember Bacarri Rambo was on the team and can't remember one splash play that he made; I don't know if you're referring to a game-ending play as a splash play, but even if you are, he's brings more than that because he brings high energy and effort on nearly every play, if not every play.

I'm never left with the feeling that he's taking plays off or that his play is being dictated by which team has momentum.

Not suggesting that he should make the NFL All-Defense team, but I do think he's heck of a find.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBobs said:

Bacarri Rambo is a good example and I agree, should be little more than a stopgap.  I though Rambo might stick, he made more than a few splash plays plus he has a great name.

8 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I didn't even remember Bacarri Rambo was on the team and can't remember one splash play that he made; I don't know if you're referring to a game-ending play as a splash play, but even if you are, he's brings more than that because he brings high energy and effort on nearly every play, if not every play.

I'm never left with the feeling that he's taking plays off or that his play is being dictated by which team has momentum.

Not suggesting that he should make the NFL All-Defense team, but I do think he's heck of a find.

You seriously don't remember him? Like at all? His name alone is pretty memorable. Not that he was some great player, but he made a few timely splash plays. He played 19 games total with us. 3 INT's and 2 FF. Only 8 starts. I was surprised we didn't keep him as depth behind Poyer and Hyde. 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

He picked Aaron Rodgers off twice in a game

31 minutes ago, Mango said:

You seriously don't remember him? Like at all? His name alone is pretty memorable. Not that he was some great player, but he made a few timely splash plays. He played 19 games total with us. 3 INT's and 2 FF. Only 8 starts. I was surprised we didn't keep him as depth behind Poyer and Hyde. 

The legend of Rambo with those two interceptions against Aaron Rodgers still makes me smile.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Cover 1 protested too much about Zimmer that night.

Tremaine Edmunds can lose 20 snaps in a row and they will find a way to claim he's not doing too bad.

Cover one lets his emotions drive his posts and videos ...  

its the reason I stopped following his stuff 

Zimmer is way more athletic than a typical backup.  He's very strong and he can run.  As long as he has those qualities, he has some upside to try and exploit.  He came from a small college, so I can understand why his NFL career hasn't gotten untracked.  I'm not expecting that he's going to light the D-line on fire, and he may never be a starter, but just maybe he'll make it worthwhile for the Bills to keep him on the roster.

Edited by TigerJ

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

He may be the best 1 technique the Bills have. There’s your clarification. He’s not better than Oliver. You’re not getting double talk. Zimmer still is not good, but he did make an amazing play. Let it go instead of trying to continue to keyboard warrior. 

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Cover 1 protested too much about Zimmer that night.

Tremaine Edmunds can lose 20 snaps in a row and they will find a way to claim he's not doing too bad.

Agreed on Edmunds lol. He’s been shaky at best. 

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Zimmer is way more athletic than a typical backup.  He's very strong and he can run.  As long as he has those qualities, he has some upside to try and exploit.  He came from a small college, so I can understand why his NFL career hasn't gotten untracked.  I'm not expecting that he's going to light the D-line of fire, and he may never be a starter, but just maybe he'll make it worthwhile for the Bills to keep him on the roster.

For a D-Lineman he is also really jacked...he kind of physique wise looks like a white version of Aaron Donald...they showed him in a tight White shirt in the post game speech and dude had a six pack showing through it.  Not too many D-Lineman can say that.

3 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

He may be the best 1 technique the Bills have. There’s your clarification. He’s not better than Oliver. You’re not getting double talk. Zimmer still is not good, but he did make an amazing play. Let it go instead of trying to continue to keyboard warrior. 

Agreed on Edmunds lol. He’s been shaky at best. 

Here we go. Lol

How about you give our players a chance before dogging them out.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I don't doubt it, I just don't remember it.

It'll be hard for me to forget Zimmer's potentially game-saving play against Bellichick.

7 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Here we go. Lol

How about you give our players a chance before dogging them out.

I don't doubt it, I just don't remember it.

It'll be hard for me to forget Zimmer's potentially game-saving play against Bellichick.

Dude he’s still bad lol. No one is trying to deny he made an amazing/season changing play for the Bills. And we’re all super pumped about it. 

Both can be correct 

Aaron Rodgers was visibly frustrated at him that game and once he called out his number in calls at LOS and pointed to him.

For a D-Lineman he is also really jacked...he kind of physique wise looks like a white version of Aaron Donald...they showed him in a tight White shirt in the post game speech and dude had a six pack showing through it.  Not too many D-Lineman can say that.

Sort of indicates what he did in bench press.

2 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Dude he’s still bad lol. No one is trying to deny he made an amazing/season changing play for the Bills. And we’re all super pumped about it. 

Both can be correct 

We can't both be correct. He's either bad or he's not. Bad players don't bring anything to the table, Zimmer does.

In watching the McD post game locker room debriefing, you have to love Ed Oliver....right in front, excited for his teammates, etc.  This stated, when re-watching the game, Oliver played pretty poorly.  At least 4 missed tackles (pretty basic ones at that) and he lost many 1 on 1 with the OL, they really do not even need to double team him anymore.  In fact on one of play the OL literally spun Oliver around so forcefully, Oliver's back was to the play in about one second....all with a basic punch block. That video clip is much worse than Zimmer getting plowed by 2 KC OL, which is used too much around here. 

At this point in the season, taking into account Oliver's draft position, salary, and experience on the team, Zimmer is completely outplaying him.  No question.  Any other thought is wrought with bias. Listen, I like Oliver and hope he develops.....but right now, it looks a bit dicey.

Oliver, he seems like a great teammate, but to say he is playing well is simply uninformed.  Plus, anytime one has to reference "statistics" like hurries and pressures, it is super revealing.  DL's should be all about TFL, Tackles, Sacks, caused fumbles, etc. Hurries and pressures are weak indicators and typically do not translate to anything of merit.