Justin Zimmer signed to active roster

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Frazier’s always been quite basic and conservative imo. He made his defense work in Minnesota with good pass rushers and solid Dline play. I think Frazier’s bend don’t break defense needs guys capable of making plays to function properly. We have no playmakers, and this defense isn’t going to function well without them. 

The part that sucks is that I think he is one of the best secondary coaches. I think he is a little out of his league at DC.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The part that sucks is that I think he is one of the best secondary coaches. I think he is a little out of his league at DC.

I agree, and we saw that with our secondary early in his tenure. We never did great shutting down the run since McD and Frazier got here, but the pass D was solid. In a pass happy league, we were able to neutralize opponent’s with that pass defense. The 2017 season was a masterclass in solid secondary play for the most part. Frazier doesn’t have the roster to make up for lack of scheme in other areas. One pass rusher could make all the difference in the world, but we just don’t have that. 

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

He was playing against 2 and a half linemen there. Lots of other plays can point to this point made better no?

well you certainly do not see a typical one tech D dudes pushed 3-5 yards down field

so yeah it was that bad

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Never thought a 300 lb. man could be moved so easily when he's supposedly resisting against it. 

but hey he's the next kyle williams according to the press release comments on facebook haha

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

he got blown off less than the others??

this picture should be in every D coach and players office and locker this week  

That was textbook whiteboard blocking. As an old olineman, it would have been a thing of beauty to see if it wasn’t against my team. As anyone who has played any level of football knows, rarely does it work out like it is drawn up, defenders aren’t where they are ‘supposed to be’. In that game the Bills were not only right where they were ‘supposed to be’, they left an open exposed chest for the olinemen to get into and drive them back with superior leverage. Not sure I have ever seen that at the professional level.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

For Leslie to say he did good in the run game is a straight up lie. He got blown off the line, constantly. 

Perhaps you would prefer:

"Yeah, Justin pretty much sucks and that's why he's been on the practice squad, but we are between a rock and a hard place right now.  We need to try every angle we can to improve the D, with what we have in-house."

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

For Leslie to say he did good in the run game is a straight up lie. He got blown off the line, constantly. 

He looked good compared to others.  Thinnest kid at fat camp kind of praise.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I don't understand the practice squad rules these days, but why are they announcing this today?  If he played in the game on Monday, wasn't he added to the 53 at that time?  As far as how he played, I don't think it can be said that any of the Bills defensive linemen played well on Monday, but Zimmer did make a couple of hustle plays and seemed to give a lot of effort, so perhaps that elevates him above the others and earned him a spot on the roster.  He certainly didn't appear to be any worse than anyone else on the D-line.

He does hustle and have heart.  I think a few of the new DLsignees don't.

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Perhaps you would prefer:

"Yeah, Justin pretty much sucks and that's why he's been on the practice squad, but we are between a rock and a hard place right now.  We need to try every angle we can to improve the D, with what we have in-house."

Lol I’d appreciate the honesty

OK, so dude got blown up on some running plays.  Bottom line, he came within milliseconds of creating a turnover which would have won the game, and he made a crucial 3rd down stop to keep the Bills alive.  Did ANYBODY else on defense even make a single play that made a difference?  We used to like players who made plays.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OK, so dude got blown up on some running plays.  Bottom line, he came within milliseconds of creating a turnover which would have won the game, and he made a crucial 3rd down stop to keep the Bills alive.  Did ANYBODY else on defense even make a single play that made a difference?  We used to like players who made plays.

No one has made a play in two weeks except for Klein and this kid. They aren’t the most talented but at least they are awake 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The Zimmer hate is just ridiculous.  Anyone standing up for him gets the "Look at this Tweet".  Zimmer deserves better.

He’s a backup, to Butler. A fringe guy ... but he’s also not played a ton and is still developing. Let’s see how he progresses. Every single player on that DL needs to improve, I’ll focus on the ones making gobs of money first. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's not a 1-tech, and he is not the answer there, but he played with a lot intensity and did not do a terrible job splitting the center and guard on some plays that helped disrupt the backfield.

When trying to take on those double teams, he is just going to have to stay square to the line and drop his knee and try to create a log jam.

This is a line that needs an infusion of a talented big-bodied run-stuffing anchor someday.

Dareus really screwed over this org by collecting his money, a six year 108 million with a 65 million in guarantees and a 25 million dollar signing bonus then promptly checking out. 

He could have been that key piece if he had the competitive heart to play the game and some pride in his job.

Star has been decent filling in as he could stand his ground. Dareus in prime shape would have given a double-team all it could handle.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1