Justin Zimmer signed to active roster

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Do you really think the reason Spain was released was so we can promote Zimmer to the active roster? You don't think maybe there were some underlying issues involved with Spain?

Seems clear as can be to me I could see why Spain was cryptic with his tweet towards OBD 

36 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

For Leslie to say he did good in the run game is a straight up lie. He got blown off the line, constantly. 

well you know you look at the media and they where writing like Zimmer was Aaron Donald so Frazier just got on the band wagon heck even Sean?Beane said hey lets activate him tot he full time roster and dump Spain

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Entire Dline pushed back like kids.

Doesn’t help the others when your one tech practice player is playing futile 

9 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

EkuymAQWMAYIIcq?format=jpg&name=medium'

'

Just so bad to see though. 

Lol six bills vs five offensive lineman I’d choose to let the weak link thru too

Edited by ILBillsfan
Sorry double posted the image :P
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

For Leslie to say he did good in the run game is a straight up lie. He got blown off the line, constantly. 

he got blown off less than the others??

48 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

EkuymAQWMAYIIcq?format=jpg&name=medium'

'

Just so bad to see though. 

this picture should be in every D coach and players office and locker this week  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Look at the exact words: "helped us some in the run game"

Some is a very convenient word.

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

As I understand it, when players are elevated from the practice squad, they don't automatically get put on the 53.  Because of covid, you are allowed two "free"  PS calls ups each week to suit up for that game.  The same player, though, can only be elevated twice...so you either keep them on the PS after the second call up or you can elevate them.  I believe this was Zimmer's second call up, so they either had to elevate him to the permanent 53, or not be allowed to use him the rest of the season.  If I am in error in my understanding of the rules, please someone correct me so I don't mislead others.

I don't think the deal is you can't use him the rest of the season, he's just subject to the normal practice squad rules after the first 2 call ups.  Waivers are the difference.

First two call-ups: can put back on practice squad without exposing the player to waivers

After that: can still call him up to the 53, but then you either have to keep him on the 53, or expose him to waivers before he can re-sign to the practice squad

And as you said, if I'm misunderstanding, I'd appreciate being set straight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, I think Frazier is going through a mid life crisis. If the Jets go off offensively I will definitely be onboard the Fire Frazier train. 

Frazier’s always been quite basic and conservative imo. He made his defense work in Minnesota with good pass rushers and solid Dline play. I think Frazier’s bend don’t break defense needs guys capable of making plays to function properly. We have no playmakers, and this defense isn’t going to function well without them. 

When you let 2 guys in Phillips and Lawson leave who were arguably our strongest guys off the snap, you are going to have problems. I don’t care what the advanced stats said about Phillips in the run game, that guy pushed people into the pockets and won battles. Lawson was amazing at never getting pushed back and was one of the best run/pass DE’s in the NFL.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1