Justin Zimmer signed to active roster

YoloinOhio

i knew it before, but it kinda shocks me we have more cap/salary allotted to our DL than any other team.  having 9 (and now 10) guys in the rotation will do it though.

iv'e been shting allover them, and for good reason, but there has to be some non talent reason for the drop off from last year.  surely there is a coaching thing that can correct it.  i certainly hope so.

This is hilarious that you swap Spain for Zimmer ................ I am really critical of this move

Zimmer was a joke in this game he made one TFL and we make the offensive line even weaker by dumping Spain so we can bring this guy up to the active roster....SICK

17 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

For Leslie to say he did good in the run game is a straight up lie. He got blown off the line, constantly. 

To be fair, what he said was that he "helped us some in the run game". He didn't really elaborate on how he played overall. It's just coach speak. He doesn't want to critique the guy to the media.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 2

I don't understand the practice squad rules these days, but why are they announcing this today?  If he played in the game on Monday, wasn't he added to the 53 at that time?  As far as how he played, I don't think it can be said that any of the Bills defensive linemen played well on Monday, but Zimmer did make a couple of hustle plays and seemed to give a lot of effort, so perhaps that elevates him above the others and earned him a spot on the roster.  He certainly didn't appear to be any worse than anyone else on the D-line.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

For Leslie to say he did good in the run game is a straight up lie. He got blown off the line, constantly. 

I agree, I think Frazier is going through a mid life crisis. If the Jets go off offensively I will definitely be onboard the Fire Frazier train. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

This is hilarious that you swap Spain for Zimmer ................ I am really critical of this move

Zimmer was a joke in this game he made one TFL and we make the offensive line even weaker by dumping Spain so we can bring this guy up to the active roster....SICK

Do you really think the reason Spain was released was so we can promote Zimmer to the active roster? You don't think maybe there were some underlying issues involved with Spain?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

"best" part is how he reappears at the very end like he just went under a wave - the entire LOS moved past him by 6 yards and just pops up at the end like "where everybody go?"

Edited by ctk232
  • Haha (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I don't understand the practice squad rules these days, but why are they announcing this today?  If he played in the game on Monday, wasn't he added to the 53 at that time?  As far as how he played, I don't think it can be said that any of the Bills defensive linemen played well on Monday, but Zimmer did make a couple of hustle plays and seemed to give a lot of effort, so perhaps that elevates him above the others and earned him a spot on the roster.  He certainly didn't appear to be any worse than anyone else on the D-line.

As I understand it, when players are elevated from the practice squad, they don't automatically get put on the 53.  Because of covid, you are allowed two "free"  PS calls ups each week to suit up for that game.  The same player, though, can only be elevated twice...so you either keep them on the PS after the second call up or you can elevate them.  I believe this was Zimmer's second call up, so they either had to elevate him to the permanent 53, or not be allowed to use him the rest of the season.  If I am in error in my understanding of the rules, please someone correct me so I don't mislead others.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1