Offered Jefferson for Claypool. Do it?

ShakAttack

This one is driving me crazy.  My gut feeling has been "do it" because Jefferson seems to be targeted more in general, Vikings will always throw a lot and play from behind and Jefferson is solidified at the WR2 spot on his team, whereas Claypool is on a team with a lot of WR Depth and has benefit from Diontae Johnson being out (and he might be back this week).

Having said that... I've been playing fantasy for years and in my experience it definitely helps to have players on playoff contenders that still have a lot to play for down the stretch. Claypool is the better athlete overall and obviously plays for the better team. In addition, I ran this offer by a good friend of mine that - like me - has won a lot of his leagues and he says keep Claypool.  For the record, the last couple times I went against his advice I got burned, so I am definitely putting more stock into it this time around.

Still, can't shake the gut feeling that I should pull the trigger and take Jefferson for Claypool... so now I'm looking for some more opinions. What would YOU do?

5 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I would trade Claypool for Jefferson.

thank you... because I accepted it... haha

only problem is, Jefferson ain’t playing this week so I had Claypool in at Flex, but I did the trade knowing I could put Crowder in at flex which is a solid matchup as well, but come to find out Crowder has a new groin injury and has been limited for 2 straight practices.

as a Bills fan, this is good’ish news, but as a fantasy player having just traded Claypool for a guy on Bye because I’m banking on Crowder this week, it’s a bit concerning

11 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

only problem is, Jefferson ain’t playing this week so I had Claypool in at Flex, but I did the trade knowing I could put Crowder in at flex which is a solid matchup as well, but come to find out Crowder has a new groin injury and has been limited for 2 straight practices.

as a Bills fan, this is good’ish news, but as a fantasy player having just traded Claypool for a guy on Bye because I’m banking on Crowder this week, it’s a bit concerning

Should have accepted it tomorrow so you got Claypool this week assuming a 3 day trade review!

On 10/22/2020 at 1:40 PM, BobBelcher said:

Who else do you have available to flex?

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Who else do you have available to flex?

lol good question. Really screwed myself with that trade didnt i?

i had to scramble to pick up someone off FAs for this week....... and went with none other than Cole Beasley 

Beasley has been underrated all season. Low ceiling but a high floor. Has our scored his “projected” amount in every game except week 1... against the Jets..... oh, wait....

nah I actually feel good about it though. With no Brown we need Cole to step up and he will. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

lol good question. Really screwed myself with that trade didnt i?

i had to scramble to pick up someone off FAs for this week....... and went with none other than Cole Beasley 

Beasley has been underrated all season. Low ceiling but a high floor. Has our scored his “projected” amount in every game except week 1... against the Jets..... oh, wait....

nah I actually feel good about it though. With no Brown we need Cole to step up and he will. 

Good streaming start.  He's guaranteed four or five catches and possibly a touchdown.  Jets blitz a lot and will pry play a lot of zone so he should be a large part of their passing game.  You made the right move with Jefferson btw.  Vikings defense is so bad they'll always be in shootouts/catch up mode.

Edited by Doc Brown

3 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

You must be feeling good about these moves

better believe it. Funny thing is I didn’t start Beasley after all. When the Aaron Jones news broke last night I grabbed JAmaal Williams immediately. As good as I felt about Beasley, I figured Jamaal was just as much of a guarantee but with a higher ceiling as well. It’s always nice when the guy you started and the guy you benched both did well. In fact Jamaal had 3 more points than Bease

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.