The Official Bring Fitzpatrick Home Thread

BillsFan692

7 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

He's not criticizing anyone.  He's just expressing his understandable sadness...

Sorry Ryan this team wanted to take you out before you hit your low lows...

Edited by TBBills

He's not criticizing anyone.  He's just expressing his understandable sadness...

I feel for Fitz. Love the guy. Surely he recognized, however, that saying that is an issue. It seems like a departure from what he said when he re-signed there...not in a beneficial way. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This is a strange move because Fitz is playing well and the fish are still in the hunt. If Fitz was playing poorly I could see the move being made. I’m so happy the see the rest of the AFC East implode

Agreed.  The Fins are ahead of the Pats in the standings and Fitz was on pace to throw for 4,000 yards and 30 TDs.  Who would have expected any of that?

Watching Fitz over the years, I think he's actually gotten better with age.  He reads defenses more quickly and understands the game more deeply now.  When he was with the Bills, I think he threw a lot of 50-50 long balls to some general area where he hoped Stevie would go get it.  It may sound silly to say, but I think he aims more now and worries about ball placement more.  

Surprised to see him so sad.  Up to now, he seemed to take the vagaries of journeyman life in the NFL pretty well.  

8 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I feel for Fitz. Love the guy. Surely he recognized, however, that saying that is an issue. It seems like a departure from what he said when he re-signed there...not in a beneficial way. 

That's true.  Crying in public isn't professional and when I first saw the Fitz quotes, I didn't quite believe he really said those things.  And as you referenced, he always knew that he was a placeholder in South Florida.

I'm an ex- army officer.  In a similar situation, we'd be expected to shut up and soldier on.  

The good news is that I think this hurts the Fins - at least in the short term.  Miami is only a game behind the sliding Bills but I think Tua will deliver fewer wins the rest of the season than Fitz would have.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 3

I'm an ex- army officer.  In a similar situation, we'd be expected to shut up and soldier on.  

I’m an ex Navy air traffic controller and the first thing at EVERY duty station was: SHUT UP if there’s an issue. It is so critical that the masses only hear one voice...not of dissension, complaining or b*tching.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’m an ex Navy air traffic controller and the first thing at EVERY duty station was: SHUT UP if there’s an issue. It is so critical that the masses only hear one voice...not of dissension, complaining or b*tching.

Yeah.  At first I didn't think Fritz was complaining per se because he wasn't overtly critical of anyone.  But the more I think about it, the more I think I was giving him a pass because I like the guy.  In truth, it was wrong for him to open his mouth.  

Flores may have been wrong to bench Fitz.  But he has.  The decision has been made.  It's time now to rally around Tua and get ready for the next game.  Fitz's comments take away from that.  

But, you know, what's bad for the Fins is good for the Bills.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

He’s been clear that he understands his role there. I admired him for that. 

Then, the inevitable happened, and it hurts. When my father in law battled cancer for so many years, we knew it was coming. It was clear at the end. There was no surprise. But when we lost him it still hit me like a truck.  Feel your feelings, Fitz. It’s healthy, and I like guys who are real. 

I didn’t see it as whining, as he always acknowledged he was a placeholder. Just an expression of emotion. 

I love the guy, and he loves Buffalo. It’s all good.....even the beard. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Augie said:

He’s been clear that he understands his role there. I admired him for that. 

Then, the inevitable happened, and it hurts. When my father in law battled cancer for so many years, we knew it was coming. It was clear at the end. There was no surprise. But when we lost him it still hit me like a truck.  Feel your feelings, Fitz. It’s healthy, and I like guys who are real. 

I didn’t see it as whining, as he always acknowledged he was a placeholder. Just an expression of emotion. 

I love the guy, and he loves Buffalo. It’s all good.....even the beard.

I love me some Fitz.  And I think his intention was to express his emotion along with his support for Tua going forward

On the other hand, I think the effect may be negative.  If he wants the best for the team going forward, it would have been better to hold his tongue.  I feel that the way it was done probably overwhelmed him temporarily. 

As long as he otherwise throws in behind Tua, probably no harm no foul.  But if the team struggles, because Fitz is so well-liked and likeable, it may create dissension.

9 hours ago, Halloween Land said:

This decision will backfire for the Dolphins.

These are the Doll Fans, remember?

Most teams would wait for a QB to suck or cost them games first.  Fitzy has done neither.  Let's hope their management makes similar decisions for decades to come.  They belong in the perpetual cellar.

Too all who have nostalgia for Fitz, you clearly aren’t remembering the spirit crushing, game losing Fitz-pick-6’s. 

he was fun sometimes, but he’s perennial 6-10.  That record isn’t fun. 

7 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Was never on this train to begin with. He’s another garbage era player who was slightly above average at best that us desperate fans latched onto thinking he was “magic”. Nothing against him or anything. It’s great for him that he’s had such a “successful” career but he’s almost the same player as Kyle Orton. Minus the beard and the personality, they’re the same person

Fitz has heart. Orton was in it for the money and wouldn’t take a hit. I dont think it’s fair to compare them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

If that quote was from any QB but Fitz, this board would be calling the guy a selfish player who’s not a good teammate. I’m not picking on Fitz, I just imagine if that were Mayfield or Newton’s quote. I’ve read about this, and it seems like Fitz is genuinely hurt, which is understandable. It’s just funny to see the media call honestly “refreshing” and things like that. 

I didn't think that was a quote.

Looks to me like Salguero's guess as to what Fitzy was thinking.

But you aren't the only one who read it as a Fitz quote, so maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Thurman#1

17 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Isnt it time? Its the AFC championship game. Allen takes a hard hit and has to leave the game for concussion protocol... its 4th quarter do or die.... who do you want stepping in, Matt Barkley or the Amish Rifle?

GET IT DONE BEANE!

20201021_133557.jpg

Neither......... I want Joe Webbs Package ;)

(but I will settle for Davis Webbs pkg) ;) 

BTW its terrible what they did to Fitz,he was playing good and has the team fully behind him and they were fighting to win every game.

I hope the team is as gutted as Fitz is and TUA sucks the joint out so bad they want to pull him and Fitz says no let him play its his team :)

• Thank you (+1) 1