Quinton Spain released; signs with Bengals PS

YoloinOhio

Just now, BobChalmers said:

Right - the running game isn't good enough - but I don't think you can blame Spain for that any more than it's your fault.  Neither of you had any blocking assignments.

The OLINE is a major catastrophe in run blocking....thurman thomas would have a hard time running with their run blocking

• Like (+1) 1

My guess is that he was unhappy he lost his starting job and was starting to cause locker room problems. Just a guess, though.

If they release a guy who started the season in the same place they just lost another player, it had to have been for a good reason.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He left behind a couple of drama hints on twitter after he was suddenly ruled "Out" of the Titans game due to foot injury after not being on injury report all week.

and

Yeah he can feel and smell a burger in the air...

3 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

The OLINE is a major catastrophe in run blocking....thurman thomas would have a hard time running with their run blocking

Beane’s attempt to rebuild the OL and DL has been a failure.  He handed out a lot of money, and got a poor return on his investment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He left behind a couple of drama hints on twitter after he was suddenly ruled "Out" of the Titans game due to foot injury after not being on injury report all week.

and

Beanie Sigel song quote. Feel it in the air.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Seems to me Beane is trying to send a message that the shocking lack of running game against the soft zone is the OLs fault not the deficiencies and limitations of Singletary, previously acknowledged to be a brilliant draft pick by Beane. I think it’s a little hard for everyone (Beane, coaches, fans) to accept, after having such high hopes for Singletary, that he may just not have the goods.  

It seems to you?

That would be a pretty far-fetched way to send a message about the "shocking lack of running game", considering Spain only started the NYJ and the MIA game.  He took half the snaps in the Raiders game filling in for injury and was inactive the last two games.

Pretty damn hard to persuade anyone that the last 4 games absent run game have been on the OL by cutting a guy who only played 50% of the snaps in one of them those last 4 and was inactive the last 2 games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3