Quinton Spain released; signs with Bengals PS

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Seems to me Beane is trying to send a message that the shocking lack of running game against the soft zone is the OLs fault not the deficiencies and limitations of Singletary, previously acknowledged to be a brilliant draft pick by Beane. I think it’s a little hard for everyone (Beane, coaches, fans) to accept, after having such high hopes for Singletary, that he may just not have the goods.  

Cutting Spain to retroactively justify drafting Singeltary might be the hottest take of the hour.  

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Only guard that could pull for us last year.  

Very odd move.  Mongo obviously would be a big boost, but man this is a peculiar move and with the benching of Murphy/Harrison, the coaches are sending a message about something (performance, attitude, or something else)

Maybe he was caught smoking a bit of the old scooby dooby one too many times?

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If Feliciano can come back soon, and Ford gets healthy... i'm ok with this.  Winters needs to stop starting for us, but hes an ok backup.  

I'm hoping we can lock down a long term situation for this OL to play together...  Dawkins, Ford and Morse (under contract) with Feliciano and Williams (potentially new contracts) moving forward.  I think that's a pretty good line that can pass block well and has the toughness to spring our running game.  

Except for the fact that Ford has been gawd-awful before he got hurt.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Seems to me Beane is trying to send a message that the shocking lack of running game against the soft zone is the OLs fault not the deficiencies and limitations of Singletary, previously acknowledged to be a brilliant draft pick by Beane. I think it’s a little hard for everyone (Beane, coaches, fans) to accept, after having such high hopes for Singletary, that he may just not have the goods.  

Cutting a guy who didn't play seems like a dubious message about the quality of play.  This is more about Spain not wanting to be a backup I'll bet.

Old guy here. But it seems like in the past (championship years, Electric Company, Super Bowl years) offensive lines were much more stable. You knew who the starters were, and they were considerably better than the backups. For the past several years, I haven't been able to tell who's who, much less who's good. Spain is good. No, he's not. Groy is good. No, he's not. Long is good. No, he's not.

• Like (+1) 11

1 minute ago, John Gianelli said:

Old guy here. But it seems like in the past (championship years, Electric Company, Super Bowl years) offensive lines were much more stable. You knew who the starters were, and they were considerably better than the backups. For the past several years, I haven't been able to tell who's who, much less who's good. Spain is good. No, he's not. Groy is good. No, he's not. Long is good. No, he's not.

McAdoo was good

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2