Quinton Spain released; signs with Bengals PS

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, MJS said:

It doesn't make sense to you (a fan) because you don't have all the information.

All we are left to do is speculate, but it's obvious he fell out of favor. Firstly, he wasn't playing well. Then I'm sure something or a series of things happened that led to his release.

Sure, because this franchise has been a model of good decision making. I kid. 😜😂

Look, I get what you are saying. You’re right, I don’t have all the information they have. Never will. But to suggest some of their tactics can’t be questioned by fans based on the information that is public is a little silly. Even though they like to think and act like they are sitting on the recipe to Coca Cola or KFC chicken, this ain’t a top secret operation. It’s football. 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Nice watch tho... 👀

AP is a great brand, but that particular choice is, uh, not to my taste.

EDIT:  Holy Trinity of watches = Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin, Patek Phillipe

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

Seems to me Beane is trying to send a message that the shocking lack of running game against the soft zone is the OLs fault not the deficiencies and limitations of Singletary, previously acknowledged to be a brilliant draft pick by Beane. I think it’s a little hard for everyone (Beane, coaches, fans) to accept, after having such high hopes for Singletary, that he may just not have the goods.  

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Couldn’t even trade him?

I would not have been surprised if they traded him, but Dang.  From big 3-year contract to out on the street in nothing flat, WITH one of our starting OLmen week-to-week injured.

Spain takes $2.9M in signing and roster bonuses with him, so that's not too shabby.

It's not a cap move, though, because if I'm not mistaken he only saves about $250,000 by cutting him with the accelerated bonus.

Anyone want to wager that the Pats sign him or at least bring him in? 😈

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Maybe he was messing with the Mojo in the locker room. Somethings not right in there right now.

At first I read this as messing with Bojo - don't mess with the punter!  😛

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Seems to me Beane is trying to send a message that the shocking lack of running game against the soft zone is the OLs fault not the deficiencies and limitations of Singletary, previously acknowledged to be a brilliant draft pick by Beane. I think it’s a little hard for everyone (Beane, coaches, fans) to accept, after having such high hopes for Singletary, that he may just not have the goods.  

I could be wrong, but I think this is an indicator of both Singletary's elusiveness and the OL's struggled with run-blocking. I'm not sure Singletary is as bad as some fans are making him out to be...