Quinton Spain released; signs with Bengals PS

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

My guess.. he was sulking after he got benched, started to show up late, and then got ‘foot soreness’ bc he didnt prepare for the titans. 

Yeah, one consistency we have seen from McBeane is that they have no patience for malcontents....even if they did just sign the guy to an extension.

• Like (+1) 6

Sounds to me like a Guy that got Paid, then said OK. no longer putting the work in.  Tenn said there were motivation issues with him as well.  Sound like that type of player that needs to stay on a 1 year deal for his career.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Seriously what happened here? We were all worried that we wouldn’t be able to retain him, we sign him to a team friendly deal and then all of a sudden he is benched and cut? 

I'm just as curious but I really like that whatever the reason , that it didn't get leaked to the media and stayed in house where it should be.  

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Unless the saved cap space next year goes to a trade for a guy like Cox or Atkins?  I have no clue how this works.  LOL.

That's a point, but they don't have to cut Spain now to achieve cap space next season, and they don't have to clear cap space next season to trade for a player now.

There is a thing about Spain getting a big per-game roster bonus, which I'm not sure how it figures into the cap calculations.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's a point, but they don't have to cut Spain now to achieve cap space next season, and they don't have to clear cap space next season to trade for a player now.

There is a thing about Spain getting a big per-game roster bonus, which I'm not sure how it figures into the cap calculations.

I think Spain just wanted out and the Bills obliged.  Something happened behind the scenes.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I think Spain just wanted out and the Bills obliged.  Something happened behind the scenes.

He was Benched, for Ford and saw the writing on the wall, a young cheaper Ford or himself.  Add Feliciano coming back and the PS players and boom a Benched player cut

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Add into the fact that Feliciano is likely back soon.

And Maybe they are also liking what they are seeing from:

Jonatthan Harrison

Jordan Devey

or Trey Adams

And Decided to move on from a malcontent 

sounds logical and as valid a take as any until we actually know what happened (If ever)......I like the optimistic slant too 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He was Benched, for Ford and saw the writing on the wall, a young cheaper Ford or himself.  Add Feliciano coming back and the PS players and boom a Benched player cut

There's only a tiny financial benefit to keeping him here for depth.  It's obvious he wanted out.