Quinton Spain released; signs with Bengals PS

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sounds to me like a Guy that got Paid, then said OK. no longer putting the work in.  Tenn said there were motivation issues with him as well.  Sound like that type of player that needs to stay on a 1 year deal for his career.  

He won their offseason “iron champion” award so I’m not buying that he stopped putting the work in after he got paid line

.https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-westvirginia/college/westvirginia/mountaineers-in-the-pros/spain-wins-iron-bills-award

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He won their offseason “iron champion” award so I’m not buying that he stopped putting the work in after he got paid line

.https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-westvirginia/college/westvirginia/mountaineers-in-the-pros/spain-wins-iron-bills-award

And yet within 2 games BENCHED.  Not the first team to do it to him either

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Just refuting your comment that he stopped working after he got paid- clearly not the case...

Maybe he lost too much weight!!

I still think he stopped working, his play obviously showed it.  You can stop working many ways, like grinding tape.......  It isnt all workout and lift related.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I still think he stopped working, his play obviously showed it.  You can stop working many ways, like grinding tape.......  It isnt all workout and lift related.

He would not be  the only player on that line that is struggling.. 

I suspect the issue with him will be more around attitude rather than his physical attributes... We may never know the full story but I’ll be interested to see how Spain looks on his next team...

14 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Wyatt Teller would be our best o-lineman right now.

Wyatt Teller is playing at an All Pro level right now, so that could be said for almost any team.   I get we are the team who traded him, but it's not like Morse, Dawkins, and Williams are having bad years, and Felciano hasnt played a down.  Therefore, I dont see the point in pointing that out.  

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Seems to me Beane is trying to send a message that the shocking lack of running game against the soft zone is the OLs fault not the deficiencies and limitations of Singletary, previously acknowledged to be a brilliant draft pick by Beane. I think it’s a little hard for everyone (Beane, coaches, fans) to accept, after having such high hopes for Singletary, that he may just not have the goods.  

This is truly funny as Singletary is needing to doge players instantly on a consistent basis in the backfield.  The guard play has been horrid and the bad guard play is showing up with the pressure coming up the middle on passing plays as well.  Singletray has still shown elusiveness and being an effective runner.....The guard play highlighted by cover one in anece video has shown how bad it has been on the ability to make the basic seal blocks

51 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Thank god, it only took half their offense to go down with injuries before they signed Croom. Poor Wentz.

He caught a TD last week.    Not for nothing, if this year ends how it is trending now Jason Croom will have had the 2nd best season from a Bills tight end in the last three years and Knox wasnt that much better last year.  Woof.