Quinton Spain released; signs with Bengals PS

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Who really cares because the Bills coaching staff isn't very good at their job when it pertains to evaluating talent and at one point though Nathan Peterman was an NFL starting QB.

Same reason they force feed their draft picks into prominent roles instead of releasing them or keeping on bench because they want to justify their silly 'process' mantra and act as if everything they've touched is going to turn into gold.

So did this guy, still shoveling $$ his way too, IIRC...

8 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Why do I have a feeling that in the next few days that we will hear reports that Spain went into the local gym and started throwing weights at a guy there screaming, "Get out of my playground!"

Or wandering in a field with no pants after climbing an electric fence

Beane's tenure is spiraling out of control.  With how bad his draft picks are performing and now this, he better have another DIggs type move up his sleeve (It's questionable if the Diggs move was the correct move with how well Jefferson is playing for 25% of the cost).

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Seems to me Beane is trying to send a message that the shocking lack of running game against the soft zone is the OLs fault not the deficiencies and limitations of Singletary, previously acknowledged to be a brilliant draft pick by Beane. I think it’s a little hard for everyone (Beane, coaches, fans) to accept, after having such high hopes for Singletary, that he may just not have the goods.  

do you watch the games? (serious question not trying to be a jerk).... Unless Singletary is literally hitting the wrong holes, there is NOTHING he is doing that is making the run game suffer. He has to make a free defender miss on almost EVERY single run he is given. When he makes that guy miss, its sometimes 2 yards behind the LOS and turns into a meager 2 or 3 yard gain. He's got plenty of quicks and surprising power. Just lacks top end speed.

• Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Why do I have a feeling that in the next few days that we will hear reports that Spain went into the local gym and started throwing weights at a guy there screaming, "Get out of my playground!"

If that's the case - at least he wasn't found by police naked in a field in Western New York - I hear that can be a thing with offensive lineman on this team. 

3 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

do you watch the games? (serious question not trying to be a jerk).... Unless Singletary is literally hitting the wrong holes, there is NOTHING he is doing that is making the run game suffer. He has to make a free defender miss on almost EVERY single run he is given. When he makes that guy miss, its sometimes 2 yards behind the LOS and turns into a meager 2 or 3 yard gain. He's got plenty of quicks and surprising power. Just lacks top end speed.

Where were the short passes in the flat to Singletarry? If the holes aren't there in the middle... do something else. In fact, do it anyway. I admit though the last two games Singletarry has looked tentative, hesitant. But like all players, he needs to find a groove and when holes aren't there, it affects confidence.

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

Where were the short passes in the flat to Singletarry? If the holes aren't there in the middle... do something else. In fact, do it anyway. I admit though the last two games Singletarry has looked tentative, hesitant. But like all players, he needs to find a groove and when holes aren't there, it affects confidence.

not sure how that is relevant to the comment I was responding to, which was about the effectiveness of the running game, not what they should do instead. But yeah he has proven to be a reliable receiver too at times...