Halloween Plans 2020

Halloween Land

21 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Hope she's alright.

It really sucks but I think our porch light won't be on this year it's just a very bad idea during a pandemic.

Thanks, I’m sure it will be fine in the end, but she feels like crap now whatever it is (and it could be anything!). 

EDIT: She still feels like crap but she tested negative for COVID with a 24 hour response time. I’m still keeping my distance, however! 

Our situation is kinda funny, we have this complicated photoelectric deal on a timer. We are both afraid to mess with it for fear we will need to hire a grad student from Georgia Tech to come get it back to where we currently have it. We even had one electrician give up on figuring it out. The lights will be on.  No need to poke the bear! 

I just don’t see it as being worth it this year. Of course, our youngest is 27, so he won’t be nagging me! 

Edited by Augie

29 minutes ago, Wacka said:

One of my cousins has a birthday on Oct 31. I remember going to a birthday/ halloween party at her house. 

We had a Halloween party at our 12 guy house in college in the early 80’s. MASH was all the rage then, so a lot of people came as MASH characters. That meant a lot of syringes which were eventually used to shoot shots across the room to open mouths. There had to be over 100 people there with countless kegs, and our accuracy was not very good. It did not improve over time.  I’m shocked we didn’t burn the place down! 

I also had two Golden Retrievers in that house, and we didn’t own a vacuum cleaner. Factor in all the spilled beer, and the guys performing “agricultural experiments” on the fire escape, and I’m not surprised that it was briefly condemned when we moved out. 

BEST PARTY EVER! Followed closely by 1980 Olympic hockey in the same house. What fool thought it was a good idea to rent college kids those BIG TV’s? 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Thanks, I’m sure it will be fine in the end, but she feels like crap now whatever it is (and it could be anything!). 

Our situation is kinda funny, we have this complicated photoelectric deal on a timer. We are both afraid to mess with it for fear we will need to hire a grad student from Georgia Tech to come get it back to where we currently have it. We even had one electrician give up on figuring it out. The lights will be on.  No need to poke the bear! 

I just don’t see it as being worth it this year. Of course, our youngest is 27, so he won’t be nagging me! 

just take the light bulb out

43 minutes ago, shrader said:

just take the light bulb out

Thanks, but there are multiple lights, each with 4 small bulbs inside. My thick, stubby hands have a really hard time changing a single bulb. If my wife is over whatever she’s suffering from now, I’ll suggest that to Little Miss Piano Fingers. 

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Augie said:

Thanks, but there are multiple lights, each with 4 small bulbs inside. My thick, stubby hands have a really hard time changing a single bulb. If my wife is over whatever she’s suffering from now, I’ll suggest that to Little Miss Piano Fingers. 

Ok, you’ll have to burn it down

My daughter & wife are going over her cousins house in west Seneca & my son who is 16 is going to a party so it is just me Saturday so I am going to hopefully get a round of golf in Saturday morning & then I decided I am going build a fire in the driveway in the afternoon, bring the tv out to watch college football, drink about 20 beers and I decided to put a table out by the side walk with all sorts of candy & just tell the kids to help themselves.  I don't care how much they take when it is gone it is gone I guess.  & besides after all these kids have been thru with this pandemic crap they deserve some extra candy!  Oh yeah I think I am going to smoke some ribs too.  

Edited by Gordio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.