What is the worst loss a good Bills teams has had?

C.Biscuit97

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

The one that immediately comes to mind is the 1988 loss to the Buccaneers, 10-5. Bucs sucked that year, and the loss basically cost us home field for the championship game against the Bengals, which of course we lost.

I think it was 11-5.  Rotten game.  One of my guests walked over and clipped a branch off our Christmas tree because it blocked her view.  

• Like (+1) 1

What in God's name is the purpose of a thread like this?  Looking at the in game crap spewed by people the last two weeks, and now this, I am convince that as much as we like to brag about the Bills fans being the best, and how great the Bills Mafia is, in reality a sizeable portion of the fans of this team are weak, pessimistic nuts who secretly want this team to do badly for some insane reason.

What has happened the last two weeks is that we lost to the two teams that played for the conference championship last year, and that they exposed some flaws that have to be addressed, namely the D line. we have seen McD teams go through this before and pull themsleves out of it, and that was without a more capable Allen and the weapons he has around him now.  To conflate the Titans and Chiefs games into a presumption that we are now going to lose to the Jets is simply absurd, and the only thing more absurd that the original post is how many people are jumping on the negative band wagon.

• Like (+1) 2

Home Thurs Night game vs Dallas. Won for 58 minutes and blew it in the most impossible way in front of an awesome home crowd going nuts.

Flushed my Bills hat down the hotel toilet that night. It didn't get all the way down but it was stuffed in the hole but good, right where it should have been.

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I think it was 11-5.  Rotten game.  One of my guests walked over and clipped a branch off our Christmas tree because it blocked her view.  

Nope, 10-5. The only TD in that game was a run by Vinny Testaverde. Bruce got a sack for a safety in the second half.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198812040tam.htm

The Bills were 11-2 going into that game, the Bucs 3-10. Bills had a total of 39 yards rushing against a crappy Bucs team.

I vividly remember the front page of the Buffalo News sports section the next day, showing a picture of a victorious Eugene Marve, the LB who had been traded to the Bucs from the Bills before the season.

Edited by Rubes

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was really young for that team but how did the 88 team matchup with the SB teams?

That was the first year the Bills were really good, finishing 12-4, so nobody really knew what to expect. But the sense throughout the season (except for that Bucs game flop) was that they were one of the top teams and could play with anyone. Definitely belonged in the final 4 with the Bengals, 49ers, and Bears, although the Bills lost pretty handily to both the Bears and Bengals during the regular season. Both of those games were looked at as big tests for the young resurgent Bills, and they pretty much crapped the bed both times.

Those were the only two losses of the season prior to the Bucs debacle.

53 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What in God's name is the purpose of a thread like this?  Looking at the in game crap spewed by people the last two weeks, and now this, I am convince that as much as we like to brag about the Bills fans being the best, and how great the Bills Mafia is, in reality a sizeable portion of the fans of this team are weak, pessimistic nuts who secretly want this team to do badly for some insane reason.

What has happened the last two weeks is that we lost to the two teams that played for the conference championship last year, and that they exposed some flaws that have to be addressed, namely the D line. we have seen McD teams go through this before and pull themsleves out of it, and that was without a more capable Allen and the weapons he has around him now.  To conflate the Titans and Chiefs games into a presumption that we are now going to lose to the Jets is simply absurd, and the only thing more absurd that the original post is how many people are jumping on the negative band wagon.

You're, a, just figuring this out? Most of it is a form of PTSD. It the most severe cases, it's a BFPD, Bills Fan Personality Disorder. For these poor souls, the level of masochistic negativity needs no trigger, it's pervasive in the way they interpret the world. Unless they truly want help, all we can do is pray for them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know there have been plenty of painful ones but when the Bills have been legit good? I would argue that if losing to the sad sack of 💩 from New Jersey might be the answer.  A -110 point differential when the next lowest team is -56 and possibly have a triplet of Joe Flacco, Frank Gore, and Perriman coaches by that weirdo.  I haven’t punched a wall because of the Bills since the forward lateral game but this might require a wall pinch. 

This is a trick question because the Bills are never considered good.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know there have been plenty of painful ones but when the Bills have been legit good? I would argue that if losing to the sad sack of 💩 from New Jersey might be the answer.  A -110 point differential when the next lowest team is -56 and possibly have a triplet of Joe Flacco, Frank Gore, and Perriman coaches by that weirdo.  I haven’t punched a wall because of the Bills since the forward lateral game but this might require a wall pinch. 

Jeebus, can we play the game first before we go here?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

This is a great one.

Losing to the Steelers 3rd stringers sucked as well for a playoff birth. 

*Just not sure that qualifies as a good Bills team though?

I love how this ridiculous take lives forever on this board.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Welcome to the board, Leodis!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Definitely a weird take on that game. We were literally the hottest team in the league until we got smoked by a bunch of 3rd stringers 

I still remember Wille Parker absolutely ripping our hearts out. 😭

Game straight up sucked.