What is the worst loss a good Bills teams has had?

C.Biscuit97

I know there have been plenty of painful ones but when the Bills have been legit good? I would argue that if losing to the sad sack of 💩 from New Jersey might be the answer.  A -110 point differential when the next lowest team is -56 and possibly have a triplet of Joe Flacco, Frank Gore, and Perriman coaches by that weirdo.  I haven’t punched a wall because of the Bills since the forward lateral game but this might require a wall pinch. 

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah I mean if the Bills lose to the jets, I think it's safe to say the Bills are not 'legit good' or even regular good.

The fact that you say that shows the Bills are not "Legit good" b.c good teams don't have fans saying things like this against a team that hasn't won't a game.

Edited by TBBills

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know there have been plenty of painful ones but when the Bills have been legit good? I would argue that if losing to the sad sack of 💩 from New Jersey might be the answer.  A -110 point differential when the next lowest team is -56 and possibly have a triplet of Joe Flacco, Frank Gore, and Perriman coaches by that weirdo.  I haven’t punched a wall because of the Bills since the forward lateral game but this might require a wall pinch. 

You know, there are lots of plays each game that cause me to pinch a wall, much gentler and doesn't require patching and painting:lol:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

The fact that you say that shows the Bills are not "Legit good" b.c good teams don't have fans saying things like this against a team that hasn't won't a game.

Good teams don’t have fans that understand the basic rhetoric composition of a hypothetical thought?

• Like (+1) 3

The one that immediately comes to mind is the 1988 loss to the Buccaneers, 10-5. Bucs sucked that year, and the loss basically cost us home field for the championship game against the Bengals, which of course we lost.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

The one that immediately comes to mind is the 1988 loss to the Buccaneers, 10-5. Bucs sucked that year, and the loss basically cost us home field for the championship game against the Bengals, which of course we lost.

This is a great one.

Losing to the Steelers 3rd stringers sucked as well for a playoff birth. 

*Just not sure that qualifies as a good Bills team though?

Edited by Real McNasty
add
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Super Bowl 25

That’s a good one. Bills 6.5 favorites and beat them in the regular season and were playing the backup.  At least, that was a SB Giants team though.  

17 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I was really young for that team but how did the 88 team matchup with the SB teams?

The Super Bowls. Especially the first.

Music City Miscarriage of Justice.

The 2004 Steelers game when we lost to their backups. That defense was flat-out sensational but on the day the whole team fell apart.

The playoff game when Joe Ferguson had an injured leg and couldn't plant, against the Chargers. That was a good team.

Oh, and by the way ...

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hunh?

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

This is a great one.

Losing to the Steelers 3rd stringers sucked as well for a playoff birth. 

*Just not sure that qualifies as a good Bills team though?

I think the Bills were the hottest team in nfl at the time and could have been dangerous if they got in. They were crushing teams but I remember it being a lot of bad ones though.  But that is a good call.

also, some of those Steelers backups were pretty good (Willie Parker, James Harrison). We lost to Tommy Maddox with a 120 yards passing.  🤮 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200501020buf.htm

• Like (+1) 1

On the flip side of this thread is one of the most surprising wins in Bills history was in 1984. 14-3 over Dallas. The Bills should win this week. I don't think they will be looking ahead to NE but 1984 Bills vs Cowboys is proof anything can happen.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

On the flip side of this thread is one of the most surprising wins in Bills history was in 1984. 14-3 over Dallas. The Bills should win this week. I don't think they will be looking ahead to NE but 1984 Bills vs Cowboys is proof anything can happen.

Bills were more than terrible that year and hadn't won a game yet.  I was living in Miami at the time and my son was a Dolphins fan.  We were at a Company party at Orange bowl that day and when I heard the score I couldn't believe it.  About the only good Bills game that year.

The case that I most remember isn't a good Bills team loss, but rather a bad Bills team win.

In the 1968-69 season, you know - the one where Joe Namath guaranteed a Jets Superbowl win over the Colts - the lowly 1-12-1 Buffalo Bills beat the soon-to-be Superbowl champion NY Jets. The Bills were clearly the worst team in football. It was technically our 2nd worst team of all-time (1-13 in 1971). Those were dark days to be a Bills fan.

On September 29th at the Rockpile, we beat Namath and the Jets 37-35. I was at that game and it was fun. It proves a point that even the worst team in football can beat the eventual Superbowl champions on any given Sunday. In that game Tommy Janik had a 100-yard pick-6. Butch Byrd had a 53-yard pick-6 and Booker Edgerson had a 45-yard pick-6.

Talk about embarrassing for an elite Superbowl champion!

I'm not sure that the good Bills ever had one get away from them like that. But in 1968, the bad Bills snatched one from the elite Jets.

• Like (+1) 1