Can we stop the complaining? it is what it is!

PUNT750

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh okay cool. Let’s play that game then: the Bills were a CEH knee-down away from having the ball inside KC’s 30 with less than 5 minutes left.

How about some consistency? 

And you’re still missing the point, but that’s fine.

No offense, but the idea that the Chiefs collectively said “yeah, we could roll these guys at will, but let’s keep it close because we don’t really need to score more” is kind of insane. They were a missed FG (by Bass) OR a CEH ruled fumble away from being in serious danger.

i’m not missing the point. I’m pointing out how your point doesn’t matter when you haven’t proven a damn thing as a team. 

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

i’m not missing the point. I’m pointing out how your point doesn’t matter when you haven’t proven a damn thing as a team. 

What constitutes “proving” anything? Losing to the 2 best teams on your schedule? Like the Chiefs did the season before dropping the 2 games I referenced above in weeks 5 and 6 of 2019?

Losing in the AFCCG? Is that proving something?

Your argument lacks any kind of consistency. 

6 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Special Teams:

They are special for the Bills.  Great kick-off and Punt coverage. Bass missed a 52 yard FG attempt but made a 48 yard kick.  He's a kid with a great leg.  Our Punter is among the top in the NFL.  He's special and I'm glad the Bills stole him from the Patriots.

Offense:

Josh had an off game.  In the 1st half we should have scored a lot more points.  If you want to find fault with him then do so.  He's our leader and now in games he has additional pressure because we HAVE TO SCORE every possession with that rotten defense.  The teams knows it!

Defense:

We signed 4 Free-Agents on the DL and at LB to take over.  It turns out none were outstanding on their previous teams and can't supply the muscle to make an impact.  IF Ed Oliver is hurt so be it.  I see him as a DE and not a interior lineman who can make a difference.

SIZE:

Maybe it was the all-Blue uniforms but the Bills defense looked small & over-matched in size by the KC offensive players.  Just an observation.

Let's beat the Jets - - GO BILLS

Wait, let me figure this out...you're telling us all to stop the complaining, while you complain?

Just now, thebandit27 said:

What constitutes “proving” anything? Losing to the 2 best teams on your schedule? Like the Chiefs did the season before dropping the 2 games I referenced above in weeks 5 and 6 of 2019?

Losing in the AFCCG? Is that proving something?

Your argument lacks any kind of consistency. 

keep saying consistency, it gives you credibility. 

you cherry picked the one time the Chiefs lost two games in a row as if it has anything to do with the Bills. 

I already made my case. I’ll repeat it for you. At that point the Chiefs had already shown they could beat playoff teams. 

the Bills under McDermott have not.

So if the Bills are this years Chiefs, and following the pattern......Chiefs next beat Broncos 30-6, but only produces 206 yards, but all of a sudden produces a pass rush sacking Flacco 9x. Of course, Mahomes after starting 10-11, got injured and Moore finished the game. The Chiefs then lost to the Packers next week without Mahomes. So we beat up the Jets this week but lack an impressive showing offensively, lose Josh, and develop a pass rush, before losing to the Pats! Hmmm! Get ready for more panic LOL.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh okay cool. Let’s play that game then: the Bills were a CEH knee-down away from having the ball inside KC’s 30 with less than 5 minutes left.

How about some consistency? 

And you’re still missing the point, but that’s fine.

No offense, but the idea that the Chiefs collectively said “yeah, we could roll these guys at will, but let’s keep it close because we don’t really need to score more” is kind of insane. They were a missed FG (by Bass) OR a CEH ruled fumble away from being in serious danger.

And the Chiefs were a missed pass to a Wide Open Kelce away from Mahomes having 300+ yards and 3 Tds

The Chiefs moved the ball at will both through the air and on the ground.

Rain had a hall of a lot more to do with it than anything the Bills or Chiefs did.

Just now, Chemical said:

keep saying consistency, it gives you credibility. 

you cherry picked the one time the Chiefs lost two games in a row as if it has anything to do with the Bills. 

I already made my case. I’ll repeat it for you. At that point the Chiefs had already shown they could beat playoff teams. 

the Bills under McDermott have not.

Nice ad hominem!

That wasn’t your case—what does beating a playoff team in the regular season mean? Miami beat NE last year...they’re proven! 

Oh, and for the record, the Bills beat Tennessee in Tennessee last year. Proven!!

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

So if the Bills are this years Chiefs, and following the pattern......Chiefs next beat Broncos 30-6, but only produces 206 yards, but all of a sudden produces a pass rush sacking Flacco 9x. Of course, Mahomes after starting 10-11, got injured and Moore finished the game. The Chiefs then lost to the Packers next week without Mahomes. So we beat up the Jets this week but lack an impressive showing offensively, lose Josh, and develop a pass rush, before losing to the Pats! Hmmm! Get ready for more panic LOL.

Yes, that’s the idea: people have this notion that this progression is supposed to look linear. It’s not.

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

And the Chiefs were a missed pass to a Wide Open Kelce away from Mahomes having 300+ yards and 3 Tds

The Chiefs moved the ball at will both through the air and on the ground.

Rain had a hall of a lot more to do with it than anything the Bills or Chiefs did.

So what Mahomes said was a lie?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nice ad hominem!

That wasn’t your case—what does beating a playoff team in the regular season mean? Miami beat NE last year...they’re proven! 

Oh, and for the record, the Bills beat Tennessee in Tennessee last year. Proven!!

Yes, that’s the idea: people have this notion that this progression is supposed to look linear. It’s not.

I knew you would bring up the win against Tennessee with Mariotta and all those missed fgs. I almost mentioned it, but wow you’re so predictable. 

you know who else lost to good division rivals back to back? Every bad team ever 

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

No, we can't stop complaining.

But yes, it is what it is. (Not that it ever is what it isn't.)

And what it is is a 4 - 2 record, the two losses being against two of the four best teams in football, and the four wins being the Jets and three decent, solid teams.

It's hard to know what direction this is going or what we'll look like in four or five weeks.

pretty much

we have all the opportunity in the world to turn our season around. that starts with beating the patriots in 2 weeks. that game is the most important of the season and will set the tone for the last half of the season. McD needs to learn how to beat that team. 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nice ad hominem!

NO. They literally took what the defense gave them, just like the Pats did when they ran the Ball down our throats when we had Dave Wanstead because we didn't want Brady to beat us.

But you are right, Mahomes is going to come out and say yea that defense is trash and we were able to do whatever we wanted and it was nice to not actually have to break a sweat.

The Bills shut none of teh KC offense down. KC just decided to run the ball more in a driving rain storm than throw it becuase they could do it a 8 yards a carry.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nice ad hominem!

Do you want some examples of other teams that lost to good teams back to back?

or would that be cherry picking?

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I knew you would bring up the win against Tennessee with Mariotta and all those missed fgs. I almost mentioned it, but wow you’re so predictable. 

you know who else lost to good division rivals back to back? Every bad team ever 

Well now I’m confused. So it’s not winning the game that matters, it’s how you win that determines your record?

Also, nice ad hominem! (Again)

Also, who did KC beat in 2018 that made them so “proven” that they’re back to back losses (one of which came to Indy—who started a backup QB) didn’t count against their record?

Also, you may want to look at the NFL’s website, Indy and Houston aren’t in KC’s

division.

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

NO. They literally took what the defense gave them, just like the Pats did when they ran the Ball down our throats when we had Dave Wanstead because we didn't want Brady to beat us.

But you are right, Mahomes is going to come out and say yea that defense is trash and we were able to do whatever we wanted and it was nice to not actually have to break a sweat.

The Bills shut none of teh KC offense down. KC just decided to run the ball more in a driving rain storm than throw it becuase they could do it a 8 yards a carry.

So you’re in the “meh, let’s not worry about putting these guys away, we don’t need more points” camp?

Ok, cool. I disagree. We can leave it at that.

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Do you want some examples of other teams that lost to good teams back to back?

or would that be cherry picking?

“good” teams? The 7-9 Colts were a “good team” in your estimation?

Reminder: this whole discussion started when you called my post a “stretch”

This is an example of why I ask for consistency in an argument.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Well now I’m confused. So it’s not winning the game that matters, it’s how you win that determines your record?

Also, who did KC beat in 2018 that made them so “proven” that they’re back to back losses (one of which came to Indy—who started a backup QB) didn’t count against their record?

Also, you may want to look at the NFL’s website, Indy and Houston aren’t in KC’s

division.

So you’re in the “meh, let’s not worry about putting these guys away, we don’t need more points” camp?

Oh damn you’re right we are going to win the super bowl because we have so much in common with the 2019 Chiefs. 

What you said is not a reach at all 

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

division.

And don’t play dumb about Ten being a completely different team after mariotta was benched and Tannehill took over 

Edited by Chemical

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Oh damn you’re right we are going to win the super bowl because we have so much in common with the 2019 Chiefs. 

What you said is not a reach at all 

Awesome, show me where in this thread I said that Buffalo will win the Super Bowl...I believe that one could easily spot the point: don’t write this team off based on early back to back losses.

52 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Look, it’s this simple: if you want to win a Super Bowl, you can’t lose back to back games to conference opponents, one of which is at home in prime time...

Reveal hidden contents

unless you are the 2019 Chiefs, who did that. And during that time lost 3 of 5...and ended up winning the Super Bowl

Just now, Chemical said:

Yes, “if” you want to win. “If”.

We don’t have anywhere else to go here, so I’ll just say that if you don’t see the point by now this is a fruitless exchange.

Be well.

Just now, Chemical said:

And no one is writing the team off 

I take it you haven’t read the board. There are threads asking for Frazier, Beane, and McDermott to be fired 🤣

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yes, “if” you want to win. “If”.

We don’t have anywhere else to go here, so I’ll just say that if you don’t see the point by now this is a fruitless exchange.

Be well.

I take it you haven’t read the board. There are threads asking for Frazier, Beane, and McDermott to be fired 🤣

I’ve been banned for too many “ad hominem” remarks so I haven’t noticed. This thread is about “complaining” however.