Trevor Lawrence Advised to Avoid Jets

51 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I dont mean to alarm you but the Jets and Giants have similar sized markets.  The same, you might say

The Jets and Giants couldn't even combine teams right now and make a better team. The only thing good about football in NY is the Buffalo Bills. 

Just now, SCBills said:

I should rephrase, Tri-State area.  Kind of how Eli lived in Hoboken.  I’m more talking about the vibe, culture and media. 

You could be in large parts of jersey and not know you were not in Georgia or South Carolina.   He grew up 40 miles from the Atlanta sprawling metropolis.  45 min west of Hobie (which has no culture to bother with, BTW) and you're in the coun---tree. 45 min north of Manhattan and you are in the sticks as well.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

You could be in large parts of jersey and not know you were not in Georgia or South Carolina.   He grew up 40 miles from the Atlanta sprawling metropolis.  45 min west of Hobie (which has no culture to bother with, BTW) and you're in the coun---tree. 45 min north of Manhattan and you are in the sticks as well.

Oh, I agree, but it’s still very different.  

Im from Long Island.  I now live down south. 

Cartersville is not Atlanta, or even the sprawl or North Metro.  It’s still pretty rural that way.  

Clemson is about 30 minutes from Greenville, which is a mid-size city, growing fast, but still with the southern vibe.   

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oh, I agree, but it’s still very different.  

Im from Long Island.  I now live down south. 

Cartersville is not Atlanta, or even the sprawl or North Metro.  It’s still pretty rural that way.  

Clemson is about 30 minutes from Greenville, which is a mid-size city, growing fast, but still with the southern vibe.   

True but go 40-50 miles up from the city to places like Roscoe and Gohsen and thereabouts and you'll see the Stars and Bars in people's living room windows.  He would feel right at home.

Anyway,  players often don't own a primary home where they play anyway (especially on rookie contract)---so it really doesn't matter where he ends up--it will be a large metro area. 

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I think Lawrence would rather go anywhere other than the Jets tbh. There's also a wild card here. There's been talk of Dabo moving on to the NFL. Say he wins another title this year and makes that jump. It will almost certainly be to one of the teams at the top of the draft order. Could be some collusion of sorts going on behind the scenes. 

I don’t think Dabo’s persona plays in NFL locker rooms.  The power dynamic is different.  He’s perfect for where he is.  More money and less aggravation.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I dont mean to alarm you but the Jets and Giants have similar sized markets.  The same, you might say

Did I draw a contrast I wasn’t aware of? 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This whole country is that way.

I always get a kick out of WNYers from little towns in the country  who speak with a sort of Southern drawl and watch NASCAR.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Clemson Tigers QB Trevor Lawrence hints at staying for senior season rather than opting for NFL draft

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/clemson-tigers-qb-trevor-lawrence-hints-staying-senior/story?id=73861151

Honestly due to Covid and the shrinking cap it might be the best solution for him to just stay another year. I don't think the Jets are that much worse than any other team that would typically be drafting 1st overall (Are this year's Jets that much worse than the Bengals in 2019?) The Jets have a stud LT and a decent center. They also have an extra first round pick the next 2 years, flexible cap space, some pieces on defense like Williams and could probably fetch additional picks for Darnold who I think at worst fetch a 2nd and mid round pick if not a late 1st. 

So I don't see how the Jets are that historically bad that someone would stay an extra year or avoid the team. BUT why join a team you aren't enthusiastic about when the salary cap and rookie deal will be lower? The Jets are bad but so is any team with the number one pick 90% of the time. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Honestly due to Covid and the shrinking cap it might be the best solution for him to just stay another year. I don't think the Jets are that much worse than any other team that would typically be drafting 1st overall (Are this year's Jets that much worse than the Bengals in 2019?) The Jets have a stud LT and a decent center. They also have an extra first round pick the next 2 years, flexible cap space, some pieces on defense like Williams and could probably fetch additional picks for Darnold who I think at worst fetch a 2nd and mid round pick if not a late 1st. 

So I don't see how the Jets are that historically bad that someone would stay an extra year or avoid the team. BUT why join a team you aren't enthusiastic about when the salary cap and rookie deal will be lower? The Jets are bad but so is any team with the number one pick 90% of the time. 

I agree. Its easy to pick on the Jets now. We’ll see how they finish. Could still be historically bad. 

On 10/20/2020 at 8:07 PM, YoloinOhio said:

At least he will have a new coach 

Joe Douglas supposedly knows what he’s doing. You have to think he brings in a decent HC.  Once they happens NYJ might be a better franchise.  So much of the issue is Adam Gase

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Joe Douglas supposedly knows what he’s doing. You have to think he brings in a decent HC.  Once they happens NYJ might be a better franchise.  So much of the issue is Adam Gase

The Jets have just been so disjointed in their rebuilding efforts. They need to have a complete fresh start, new coach, new Gm and build to a singular vision