Trevor Lawrence Advised to Avoid Jets

Just now, Greg S said:

He is not turning down a huge pay day to go back to Clemson. To much $$$$$ will be thrown his way.

The $$$ will be there regardless, endorsement wise as well. Peyton Manning did it so don't be surprised if Sunshine takes that route if the Jets secure the #1 pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Who do you guys THINK Lawrence is hoping will draft him? Of all the QB needy teams who do you think he feels is his ideal spot? 

Cowboys could reasonably tank at this point and hit reset on their coaching staff.  He's a southern boy and Dallas is a big football market.  Are the Giants getting what they want out of Daniel Jones?  Good ownership there and a big market.  I don't think Atlanta is ready to give up on Matt Ryan yet but they suck.

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You assume he's not going to get some incentive to "stay in school".....

He will make more if enters the draft as the #1 pick. What did Burrow get from the Bengals? Why risk going back to Clemson and getting hurt? I hope he gives a big FU to the Jets but I just don't think he will. Think of the endorsements he could make in the NYC market as well. You win in the NYC area and you are a legend for life.....Namath, Eli, Jeter, Messier to name a few.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Who do you guys THINK Lawrence is hoping will draft him? Of all the QB needy teams who do you think he feels is his ideal spot? 

I think Lawrence would rather go anywhere other than the Jets tbh. There's also a wild card here. There's been talk of Dabo moving on to the NFL. Say he wins another title this year and makes that jump. It will almost certainly be to one of the teams at the top of the draft order. Could be some collusion of sorts going on behind the scenes. 

17 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Are the Giants getting what they want out of Daniel Jones?  Good ownership there and a big market. 

I dont mean to alarm you but the Jets and Giants have similar sized markets.  The same, you might say

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Lawrence may not even be the number one overall pick.  Now that Fields is playing, Lawrence will have to play a lot better than what he did on Saturday.

Only if Bill O'Brien was your GM

Jacksonville is in the running too.

Maybe Minnesota falls off the planet too.

But the Jets are awful and might be the 4th team to go winless in an NFL season all time.

It might also depend on who the Jets hire as HC that might sway Lawrence's decision as well if they end up number one.

35 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I dont mean to alarm you but the Jets and Giants have similar sized markets.  The same, you might say

True, but they are not the same.  Yankees/Mets are same market, but not really. 

Im sure Sam thought he’d be getting $$$ after 4 years with the Jets... not going to happen, and he never had a chance.   Trevor is a thoughtful guy, don’t think that isn’t lost on him.   He wants a 10+ year career, not a rookie contract with an organization that just ruined their last top prospect.  

Edited by SCBills

On 10/20/2020 at 8:09 PM, Back the Blue said:

I don't remember this at all.  Take that Fireman Ed. 😂

After finishing 1-15 in 1996, the Jets were primed to select Peyton Manning with the No. 1 pick and team him up with the newly hired Bill Parcells and previous top pick and wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson.

Then the future Hall of Famer Manning stunningly announced he would return to Tennessee for his senior season, creating one of the biggest what-ifs in Jets history.

Oh I did not remember this at all, but it's beautiful.  Peyton screwed the Jets!

He’s also as southern as southern gets.  

Born and raised in Georgia.   Plays college ball in South Carolina.  Has made it clear that he plays for his faith in God and the love of football.   

I’d still be surprised if he pulls some shenanigans to get out of playing for the Jets, but I don’t rule it out.  He is not about NYC life at all.  

Edited by SCBills

42 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Cowboys could reasonably tank at this point and hit reset on their coaching staff.  He's a southern boy and Dallas is a big football market.  Are the Giants getting what they want out of Daniel Jones?  Good ownership there and a big market.  I don't think Atlanta is ready to give up on Matt Ryan yet but they suck.

What's so great about Giants ownership?"  Their team is on its 5th HC since the start of the 2015 season.  They watched Jerry Reese slowly destroy the team---and followed up with boneheaded Getteleman after that.  They watched Eli Manning get humiliated (in 2017 AND 2019) by the coaching staff.  

They are nothing special.

26 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think Lawrence would rather go anywhere other than the Jets tbh. There's also a wild card here. There's been talk of Dabo moving on to the NFL. Say he wins another title this year and makes that jump. It will almost certainly be to one of the teams at the top of the draft order. Could be some collusion of sorts going on behind the scenes. 

Unless Daboll is bringing the entire  Clemson roster with him, no chance.  

By accounts, Daboll is not much of and X's and O's guy---more of a rah rah guy.  Pros don't care about that crap.   You think Sweeney wants to take a pay cut to be the next HC of the worst team in the league---leaving behind a dream job where he can do no wrong and has facilities that rival those of the Jets......AND (here's the best part):  he has his pick and choose among the best players in the country every year and no salary cap and he can dominate a basketball conference every year, coasting into the Championship playoffs.

The Jets job has absolutely nothing to offer Dabo.  

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He’s also as southern as southern gets.  

Born and raised in Georgia.   Plays college ball in South Carolina.  Has made it clear that he plays for his faith in God and the love of football.   

I’d still be surprised if he pulls some shenanigans to get out of playing for the Jets, but I don’t rule it out.  He is not about NYC life at all.  

I bet few, if any, Jets players live in NYC.